FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Idle Chit Chat! (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/idle-chit-chat/)
-   -   Opinions on Bell South's or Verizon's Bundled services? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/idle-chit-chat/21085-opinions-bell-souths-verizons-bundled-services.html)

ajrsmom 07-22-2007 07:25 PM

Opinions on Bell South's or Verizon's Bundled services?

In a nutshell, we are wanting to leave Time Warner's service plan--we have unlimited phone usage, Internet service and digital TV with DVR.

Our main reasons for leaving are the price and the fact that we want to get the NFL Sunday Ticket from DirectTV.

I know that Bell South and Verizon offer packages in our area. I have looked more into Bell South and seem to like their set up.

My main concern is the speed of their Internet service and whether or not they have a lot of problems with outages?

Does anyone use either one of these company's services?

The bundled services for us would include -- unlimited local and long distance phone, high speed Internet and DirectTV-- we are not including our cell phone plan.

Thanks for any opinions on these companies.

BTW..... if you are using another company's bundled services, please let me know. I am always open to looking into those, too!

ajrsmom 07-23-2007 05:13 AM

Bumping up! :)

ladyIris23 08-06-2007 08:46 AM

I can't really help with the bundled service the only one available in our area is Time Warners so we have them for internet and cable. We do have verizon for cell phones and I love them. In 2.5 years we have had only 1 dropped call. We get service in areas were others don't. But their internet and tv service isn't availble here yet. When it is we will switch.
Iris

dallasalice 08-06-2007 09:31 AM

Verizon phone service is great & they have great bundled packages. I am planning on switching when I move to Florida. I currently have my local phone service(Gallatin River) with internet service.

Oh yea ask about a work discount if you go with Verizon. I ge 18% discount for working for the state.....aka Cook at our school. Huby would have receied a 15% off for working for Caterpillar.

Hopefully someone does have Verizon internet cuz I would like to know too! lol

Alice

ajrsmom 08-06-2007 01:41 PM

Update......

We chose AT&T today. We will be using Bell South for phone and Internet & DirectTV for TV.

If all goes as planned, we should have a great deal being set up---and including the NFL Sunday Ticket and the NASCAR Track Pass (included now), it is STILL $20. cheaper than Time Warner that we have now + plus TW wont carry the NFL channels.

I asked A LOT of questions today. The only thing that I am worried about is the speed and the accessabiltiy of our Internet connection. I have always had a cable connection so this is new to us. Fingers crossed, it will all work out!

Bunny 08-06-2007 02:16 PM

We have Verizon bundeled service and have not had any problems with it so far. thay also carry the dish and we are thinking of getting it if the city does what thay said and cuts down the dead trees in the way.