Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

July Friendship flower

Wow can you believe that July is here?? In Canada most children just finished school and are on a 2 month break from school. We also start the month off by celebrating Canada Day on July 1st. Our american neighbors also begin the month off with some patriotic celebrations on July 4th . My children begin their trips to summer camps and we will be taking a family holiday for 2 weeks this month. Our local community gets ready for the local fair that will be 150 years old this year......lots of neat things happening then.

So what are your plans for the month???????

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by debknechtel; 06-30-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

subbing
Old 06-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

subbing.

Happy Canadian day Debbie!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Have a great Canada Day...Hubby and I will be going fishing for ours..lots of fun...well he thinks its fun...lol...

We are hoping to get away for our Anniversary this month...and then my daughters and grandchildren will be here on the 21st...I am getting so excited to see them...haven't seen them since last August...

Have no idea what else we will be doing for July...Hubby is arranging to take our son-in-law on an underground tour at the Gold Mine where he works...sil says he is looking forward to it...hope so...

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Canada Day and a Wonderful 4th of July...

Smiles & Hugs...
Old 07-01-2007, 03:35 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning..just subbed..
Have a lot of family birthdays in July..GDS George turns 20 on the 2nd, one of my 2 fav Aunts will be 85 on the 4th, GDD Morgan turns 10 on the 3rd, my cousin/godchild Jude turns 54 on the 12th, GGDS Jonathan will be 5 on the 28th....and then have friends who also celebrate in July..
and of course my exciting life includes BW, Md appt. and a lawyer appt.and who knows what surprises it will bring...

Got my hair all cut off yesterday and along with it went the blond color..so until I decide if I want to dye or not..I am again a short haired white haired ole gal....
HAPPY CANADA DAY DEBBIE AND THERESA AND ALL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS AND EVERYONE ELSE UP THERE....
Name:  7027-001-19-1027.gif
Views: 101
Size:  6.0 KB
Old 07-01-2007, 03:45 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy Canada day debbie have a wonderful time celebrating with your family

we arnt doing much for the 4th just relaxing no big plains that i know of

Old 07-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Happy Canada Day to our Canadian girls, and also happy 4th July to our American girls. We Aussies are just happy!! lol.

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 07-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian sisters.
July will be busy, I have given up waiting for things to slow down so I will have to just get used to the business ongoing.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Debbie and Theresa, HAPPY CANADA DAY!

We have an invitation for July 4 from friends who live in a nearby town full of Victorian homes. They have an old-fashioned parade down a street of historic houses near the Delaware River. I love parades--can't wait! Afterwards, we'll have homemade Chinese food for lunch at our friends' house.

Margaret, answering something you said on What's for Dinner in June--I have tried baseball. My mom is the World's Biggest Yankees fan, taking the title over from her grandfather! I grew up watching baseball. It's just too slow-moving for me. I like basketball much better.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Barb, I have to agree about the baseball. My Mom was a big Detroit Tigers fan and watched or listened all the time. I even went to an opening day once with friends (brrrrrrr, cold). I never watched much basketball until a few years ago with my husband, and I'll have to agree, basketball is much more compelling to me.

We don't have any real holiday plans here -- I went to Lowe's yesterday and bought paint to paint the garage, so maybe that will at least get started . . .

Liz

Closed Thread