Unbelievable! Bob Barker backs Rosie O'Donnell for 'The Price is Right' - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 06-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Unbelievable! Bob Barker backs Rosie O'Donnell for 'The Price is Right'

Just my opinion.....I cannot imagine Rosey hosting "The Price is Right"!

YUCK!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Didn't she already have her own talk show and quit then her own magazine and quit then was on the view and quit or was asked to leave which ever version is true why whould they want her? i don't see her as a game show host but that is just my humble opinion and my 2 cents worth.
iris
Old 06-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

If the network knows what is best they will pick someone else for the job because Rosy is just not the right person for this job.Of course thats my opinion..
Old 06-17-2007, 04:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I don't like Rosie or her views, but I could see this working for her.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I used to watch the Rosey show until she started getting weird, so to speak. She started picking fights with guests and turning everything into a political argument. She started inviting political people on her show during the elections, like Hilary Clinton. I turned the show off because I didnn't feel like hearing about the big bad gun owners, how terrible Bush was, and so on. This was not entertainment. I never did watch the view. But, when she started saying that our government blew up the Twin Towers on purpose, I emailed each and ever sponsor on that show stating that I was not going to buy their products until she was off the air.

I believe that Rosie O'Donnell quit so that things wouldn't look bad if they fired her. She picked fights with the others on the show and she talked over people.

I don't think that she will be a good hostess for The Price is Right. I think it is just a matter of time before she is arguing with contestents or making snide remarks about something. However, I do believe that she is talented enough and capable of being an excellant talk show host or a game show host, if she would just stop making things personal.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

However, I do believe that she is talented enough and capable of being an excellant talk show host or a game show host, if she would just stop making things personal.
I agree DeBora....I liked the fun parts of her tv show..she could be a fun host if she sticks to the game....no personal opinions....
Old 06-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Rosy is talented as long as she sticks to being funny & leave out the personal opnions,she might do well as a game host or talk show host.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I agree with all of that. I think she COULD do well with this. But she will have to remember that she is there to be a Game Show Host, not a political commentor, an activist, or anything like that. She will have to brush up on her hospitality.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

That's it exactly in a nut shell ! She'll have to remember this is a game for fun & nothing else!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

My feeling is that the game show would hire her only because she is controversial and that would bring in a ton of viewers. I would be surprised, however, if she is willing to keep her mouth shut and keep her opinions to herself. But, I am sure the big wigs at the game show feel that this will bring in viewers. That is just my thought.