Unbelievable! Bob Barker backs Rosie O'Donnell for 'The Price is Right' - Page 2 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Nine Year Member

I agree with what all of you are saying I just can't picture her hosting the show.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 06-21-2007, 05:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I think Rosie might be able to keep her mouth shut for a few weeks, but something will happen and she just won't be able to control herself any longer. She would certainly boost ratings just for the controversey factor, but the network better be ready when sponsers start putting the pressure on if Rosie gets out of hand.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It should be interesting to see if she will take over the job.I used to like Rosie but then she did get weird.Never cared for her on the View either.She could do a good job if she could keep her opions to herself.

Mish
Old 06-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I don't think they will hire her because she is to well known for her temper among other things. They need someone low key and funny.I like her most of the time,though.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I think it would be a mistake. She can so okay for awhile, but she tends to get crass, rude and opinionated. Not the ideal person for the Price is Right. Why don't they ask someone like Wink Martindale, who has hosted game shows in the past to do it. Or Doug Davidson, who has filled in, in the past, for Barker. Anyone but Rosie, her voice tends starts to grate on one's nerves when she gets loud.
Maybe they should do audition week like they did with Regis and Kelly? Just a thought

Lizajane
Old 07-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

As far as I am concerned, NO one can take Bob Barker's place! If that loud mouth were put on, I would be through watching the program. Who, in the world, even suggested her in the first place??

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well, apparently this is a non-issue now since Rosie said she would not be willing to relocate to do the show, and the show is not willing to relocate everyone else to accommodate her.

I do think a comedian would be great on the show. You can't take Bob Barker's place, as Blondie said. If they want to keep the show they will have to "reinvent" the host.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It should be intersting to see who ends up replacing Bob Barker.Thank goodness it won't be Rosie.

Mish