Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

May Friendship Flower

Welcome to May. April showers bring May flowers so I picked a flower pot with some pretty flowers it. I hope the snow is now gone for all of you on this side of the world and for our friends down under may you have a beautiful fall . Any special plans for this month, do you do anything special to prepare for the warmer months? This is usually the month I spring clean my house and yard. Next week hubby and I are taking a trip to New York City , anyone else have any travel plans this spring? This month we will also celebrate my daughters birthday Did you know our site mom Amanda also has a birthday this month!! Make sure to send her some wishes on the 4th . Whatever you have planned this month may it be a great one

Hugs Debbie

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-01-2007, 04:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ellen glad my dumping buckets made you laugh although there was not a lot of laughing going on here...LOL We were going to take Jamie to the ER last night but held out an an hour later he perked up and drank something. He was very close to being dehydrated. Today he seems much better but I am still keeping him home to make sure he has his strength back.
Grandma comes today. she will be watching the kids while we go to New york City. I am getting excited. should be a fun getaway for hubby and I. We are meeting up with Val Thursday night.

Well best get busy this morning lots to do, the sun is shining and I need to stay in and disinfect the house for a bit before venturing outside to enjoy the warmth of the sun. We cleaned house this weekend but with Jamie being sick want to make sure all the bathrooms etc have been redone. Don't want anymore sickies here!!! LOL

Anyways hope everyone has a great day

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-01-2007, 04:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi!

DebK, I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip! Wish I were a little closer to New York (and not so afraid to drive there!)

Lynne, I think the "Recipes and Cooking" you clicked on was for the SheKnows website group. This site is associated with SheKnows in some ways. But that forum you wound up in is not part of FC. Glad you found your way back here!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Name:  violetgm.GIF
Views: 4058
Size:  35.1 KB
Happy May Day to everyone.....
beautiful day here in sunny Florida..will go up in the high 80s again..no in sight until Saturday now...hope we don't have any fires because of it....
need to run out for another rx...dropped off the script yesterday...then should run and get some post cards as I am out..other than that it will be a quiet day..need to do some weeding..but will see how hot it gets....
have a wonderful day all....
Old 05-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Assistant Moderator

Margaret, was watching the Today show this morning and saw that Florida was getting some very warm temps (80's) and I thought of you. Right now I would love temps like that but remind me I said that when it is hot and humid here in July!

DebK, I hope you have an absolutely wonderful trip!! And I hope your ds is fully recovered.

The sun is finally shining here again. It seems like it has been ages and ages. Dh does not get home till quite late tonight so I get to slack off a bit on dinner - spaghetti or something the kids and I like that dh is not too fond of. Yesterday he told me he is going on a motorcycle trip. He has been going for the past 4 years but told me this year he was not going. All winter he said he was not going and even repeated it again last week. Then yesterday said he was going. I am just not a happy camper. Long story. Oh well. Hope today I can get all the dks outside to play and I can get some yard work done. Have a great morning!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 05-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
DebK, have a great trip. Hope the kids are all ok for Grandma.

Barbszy, I think you may be right, and I'm glad I wound up back here too, I felt like a foreigner over there!

Margaret, your weather sounds beautiful -my sort of temperatures. But we are still desperate for rain.

Sammi, do you ever go with dh on his motor bike? Or do you get equal 'time-out'? Or are you like most of us and life just goes on??? I don't mind if dh wants to go, but he never does.

Have a happy May-Day, girls.

Hugs

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 05-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good Morning All!

It is supposed to be around 90 here today with lots of sun. I need to mow the yard and maybe work in the gardens. Depends on how fast it warms up. I don't think the humidity will be that bad today. Tomorrow will be a carbon copy so I will be outside again tomorrow. But I love it.

DebK, glad Jamie is better. Have fun in NY.

Well, I need to scoot. Jamie needs to get to school.

Take care all.

Debbie

It is important to follow our dreams as a tribute to those who were forbidden to follow theirs. - Unknown

Old 05-01-2007, 06:17 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good Morning to Everyone!DebK glad to hear Jamie is better, Have a great & safe trip to New York! Just wanted to pop in & touch base with everyone.Have a great day!
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Goodmorning everyone the sun is out and its a wonderful here in WV I hope all of you are haveing a great day

Old 05-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello everyone~ Just popping in to subscribe..

Hey Barb, If you'd like to meet me in Rockland on Thurdsay , I'll drive you into the city. I have no problem driving in Manhattan I do it often. ... We can work out the logistics. You can spend the night.. drive home Friday.. Whaddaya say? Can we do it? Yes we can!

Closed Thread