Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

What is the world coming to?

I got the following in an email and I thought it would be fun to add to it!

Let's see if I understand how the world works lately...

If a man cuts his finger off while slicing salami at work, he blames the restaurant.

If you smoke three packs a day for 40 years and die of lung cancer, your family blames the tobacco company.

If your neighbor crashes into a tree while driving home drunk, he blames the bartender.
If your grandchildren are brats without manners, you blame television.

If your friend is shot by a deranged madman,
you blame the gun manufacturer.

And if a crazed person breaks into the ****pit and tries to kill the pilot at 35,000 feet, and the passengers kill him instead, the mother of the crazed deceased blames the airline.

I would add, if a fast-food restaurant serves a person hot coffee and she is stupid enough to put that hot beverage between her legs and it spills on her skin and burns her, she blames the restaurant and sues them thus winning the case.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

How about -

If you eat at fast food restaurants too often and become obese, it's the restaurants' fault for not offering healthier food.

Kathy
Old 04-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

If you buy a pair of 5-6" high heels...you trip breaking your ankle...you blame the manufacturer of the shoes and the shoe store that sold them to you...
Old 04-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Assistant Moderator

You know the cases/persons being sued for silly things like those mentioned above, no one seems to want to take responsibility for their own actions, or really just not looking where they are walking, they seem to lack plain old common sense.
The real cases are put on hold or delayed for these mad ones.
It's all about "$"

Tripping on the footpath because you didn't lift up your feet blame the council for lack of due care.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

What about, a man was hired to do repairs on one side of a woman's roof. She decided to take a shower or change clothes. The man on the roof leaned over the sun roof that was on the opposite side of the roof so that he could peek at the nude woman and practice his voyeurism. Then, because of his weight, he fell through the sun roof and was injured. Later, he sued the woman for his injuries. He won since he was paid by her to be on the roof!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Assistant Moderator

OMG is that true, man it takes all types LOL unbelievable

Old 04-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I know !
So what are we teaching our kids? Be professional victims? Really sad huh?
I love the obese case! Hmmm is that why I'm so big? I thought it was my lack of self control....imagine that ! LOL

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 04-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

On a slightly different track, but almost as crazy: Maternity hospitals send new mums home on Day two, then government departments spend research $$$ on trying to figure out why breastfeeding is decreasing and post natal depression is rising!
Old 04-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Kids drive at excessive speeds, crash their cars, kill innocent people, and blame the manufacturers of high speed cars!

Gunmen go crazy and kill innocent people. The fault of....states with lax gun laws.

Kids bludge all year at school, cut classes, don't study, fail their exams and sue the teachers.

And kids get into trouble from their parents because they do some seriously bad stuff, and then they divorce their parents for not caring.

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 04-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBora43
I would add, if a fast-food restaurant serves a person hot coffee and she is stupid enough to put that hot beverage between her legs and it spills on her skin and burns her, she blames the restaurant and sues them thus winning the case.
I know this is not what this thread was started for, but I have to add my 2 cents to the post quoted here because it irks me every time I hear it.
Ok, here goes.... I took a business law class a couple years ago and found out the real story about the little old lady and the hot cup of coffee.
The kid working the drive-thru window did not put the lid on the coffee all the way so when she took it from his hand, it spilled in her lap. She had to go to the ER for the very severe burn and asked McDonald's to pay for her medical bill because it was, in fact, negligent on the part of the employee. McDonald's refused so when she hired an attorney, they took to the media and had it spun to look like she was a greedy old woman looking to cash in on her own stupidity.
So there... I got that off my chest :chuckle:

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!