Bachelor an officer and a gentleman - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 04-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Bachelor an officer and a gentleman

Is anyone else out there watching this seasons bachelor?

I know it is a ridiculous show but it seems every week I find myself tuning in. I think I just can not believe that these peole would put themselves in this situation where they can be hurt and I find sometimes degraded by there behaviour. It always amazes me that a girl can be so upset after the first night to be leaving where she does not even know if her and the bachelor have a connection. I am amazed this show still runs since i think the only successful union has been Ryan and Trista.
Any others thoughts on the show?

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

deb

I watch it all the time, but I have two questions. One is how can anyone get to know another person well enough in such a short time to be sure it's the right one to marry? And next, I don't go for the night in the special suite. Supposing that girl is not the one who gets picked later, and the one who does wonders how far things went with the first one?

Also, the behavior of some would be enough that they would not be chosen, and so why are they really there if they don't care enough to behave like a lady? The one a couple weeks ago was something else. She talked like trash when she had to leave. Could anyone picture her as the wife of a dr.?

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Blondie I often wonder the same thing....of course if you look at all the shows only one relationship has ever evolved into more and that was Trista and Ryan.
I think the special suite is kind of hooky too...although I guess if you had any morals you would just spend it getting to know one another and not just for the #[email protected]$.

I think that is why I watch Blondie is that I can not imagine anyone getting as upset as some of these girls and some of the antics they do are way out there.

I watched last night and I had the final four picked that he choose. I am wondering if the final 2 will be Bevin and Tessa or will Bevin being divorced affect his feelings towards her. I don't see him with Amber and Daniele.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

deb~~~

I like Tessa. I hope he chooses her. The other one you mentioned with Tessa is too "pushy", I feel, and she just irritates me the way she manages to "take over" when he is with another girl. I also feel she just plain wants him, and that is all that matters to her. She doesn't seem to respect anyone else's wanting a turn to talk with him, which seems to leave a number of them with no turn alone, if any.
I don't care for the others you mentioned, either.

He seems to be a very decent guy, but I still wonder about that night in the suite. If things get too hot, and they give in, yet he doesn't choose that girl, how would a different choice feel??

I know what you mean about only Trista & Ryan. Are they still together? The whole thing is too fast to KNOW you love someone, and those who have decided to give a ring, and not marry until they spend some time geting to know each other first are the smart ones. Don't you think so?

I suppose some girls like the idea of being married to a dr., and the presige, and money that go with it is part of what drives them, too.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hey Blondie I still think it is going to be Tessa or Bevin as the final 2 with him picking Tessa.

Did you watch it this week......I thought he was smart to let amber go. I still am in awe of how they think that this is the real world and that they are falling in love???I think everyone just gets caught up in the whole thing and sometimes being sent home is more a blow to the girls ego. Don't get me wrong I love to see a good love story but am a skeptic when it comes to falling in love this way. Next week should be interesting...do you think all the girls will take the suite with him???

Hugs debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bachelor

Debbie~~~

I hope he picks Tessa, too. That girl is so attractive, and when she is wearing a gown, and her hair pulled back, she just looks elegant to me. More important, I believe, is that she has not gushed all over him, and was honest enough to tell him it takes her time to get to know people. I would think he would be drawn to that, because it really takes some time to get to know another person, that he would feel more secure that she is more serious about such a decision and not jumping into it without thinking.

No, I wouldn't say this is the norm for people falling in love. It must be overwhelming to have to spend such a short time with so many of the opposite sex, then have to eliminate them before choosing "the" one. There is bound to be some hurt. I keep telling
myself it is a program for
entertainment, because I never
have known anyone who was in
such a position when it came to marriage.

I did enjoy seeing the one family show their family togetherness, though. That would be something that would
count a lot with me.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I hope he picks Tessa, but he has had a "thing" for Bevin all along. I am thinking that it is possible that her being divorced, might cool that relationship. If not it will be Bevin (I think).
Old 05-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I kind of think he will pick Tessa too but no "accounting" for the human heart.

Happy Mother's Day to all
Old 05-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I really hope Andy picks Bevin, but I think he will pick Tessa. I know the show is edited, but I think Andy is so boring. I've known many Navy doctors and most of them had much better personalities--but they were all married, too. Mary and Byron live in Tampa and are supposed to get married this year, I think. They met on the Batchelor or Batchelorette.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Tessa seems more honest for him. She wants to go slow and should (even w/reality TV). I think he'll choose her because he keeps coming back to her when she was shaky about staying and all the drama.