Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 04-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

How "dumb" is that?

We have all heard the expression "how great is that"..well thought I'd start a thread where we could post all the dumb things that we do.. whether it is
from old age, or being distracted by kids or spouses, or just having so much on our minds that there isn't room for all of it...for example..I shop with a grocery list..my usual habit is to come home throw the list on the desk, update it and put it back in my purse..last week I didn't do that so I bought eggs twice..18 in a pkg..a lot of eggs..so today I did a dumb thing...
I put six of them on to boil..since it was quite early and I don't eat for the most part until around 10 a.m. I came in on the pc...smelled a sort of warm smell coming from the kitchen..yup..the water was all cooked off and the eggs were a hair from being burned..thank goodness for the sense of smell or I'd be house hunting..lol..
do you have something to share..we can always learn from the mistakes of others so the first one is...
1..don't put stuff on the stove and leave the kitchen.....
Old 04-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I guess it is safe to say that I am the only one doing dumb things today...
so..
2..I just went to the post office to mail 3 pkgs...came back to post the expense in the computer and noticed that the first item went to CT...no no no..I didn't send anything to CT..checked my address and lo and behold the first number was to be a 9 not a 0....duh..called the p.o. and she corrected it..glad I found it right away or this swap would have been out in cyber space for awhile....I was lucky the mail bag hadn't left yet...so lesson no. 2 is don't run to the post office until you check your typing....
Old 04-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I can match your kitchen escapade.

Yesterday I made tortilla sticks with leftovers from dinner. I stuck them in the oven to broil them for just a couple of minutes and FORGOT about them!

Yep, I am thankful for my sense of smell as well. They gave new meaning to "blackened" food. LOL!

What a wasted of food that was!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-21-2007, 02:39 PM

I'm known for putting something into the oven and forgetting to turn it on.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Assistant Moderator

I'm always forgetting that last minute thing to put on the table, I find the garlic bread still in the oven the next day ... I do it lots ... still!

Coll I did that yesterday, my oven has one switch for the temp and one switch for the appropriate element I switch on one but not the other and my dish to be cooked is still stone cold!

I put a load of washing in the machine, come to hang it out and find I never turned the machine on.

I go to rinse a something off in the kitchen sink, turn the tap on and it spurts straight into a spoon sitting in the sink and water goes everywhere LOL, what a mess that was as there was tomato paste in the spoon, yik!

Oh no I definately have my moments, not always some one around to see my stupid acts, everyone thinks I'm so contolled if only they knew LOL

Old 04-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

This morning I went to sit out on the back deck and didn't realize anything was off until my neighbor starting laughing and asked if I was half asleep...forgot to change out of my jammies...how dumb was that...just told the neighbor I was making a fashion statement...

I have burnt water in a pan Margaret...nothing else in the pan but the water,forgot it on the stove and needless to say I was outside and didn't know until I came back into the house...

I blew up a turkey once...lol...
Old 04-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I want to hear this turkey story!!!

WAY too often I load up the dishwasher, put in the soap, close the door and walk away. Then in the morning I wonder why I still have a machine full of dirty dishes
Old 04-22-2007, 10:41 AM

Theresa, I'm always running around outside in my jammies.

I wanna hear the turkey story too.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

How "dumb" is that

I am always putting some thing on and forgetting to turn it on or forgetting that its on so just call me forgetful. I want to hear about the Turkey story too.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

some days I make a pot of coffee but lots of days I make instant.
yesterday I put my second cup of water in the microwave...this morning I opened the door to put my first cup in and there was yesterdays cup sitting and waiting..
when I make a pot I have taken my second cup and forgotten to turn the maker off...have done that more than once....
Name:  cupcoffee.gif
Views: 65
Size:  14.3 KB