Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 03-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Dancing With the Stars 2007

Anyone else love this show...I sure do. I have not missed a season yet. The premiere was last night and it was pretty good.
Do you have any fav's. who are you rooting for to win????

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Deb,
I had never watched this show before but did see it last week.
I am taking it that one couple is eliminated every week?
I liked it!
My favorites were Cheryl and Ian and Kym and Fatone!!
John Ratzenberger was just out there having a good time! Too bad that they didn't have the same time to practice as the others!
I felt sorry for Billy Ray Cyrus' partner losing her hairpiece by him!!

I think the tall basketball player has potential is he loosens up some. Oh, and Apollo, too!

As for me, I can't dance worth beans!!

hugs, train
Old 03-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Dancing WITH THE STARS 2007

I Havent watched watched it yet as there is always some thing on that my hubby wants to see but I did see it a few weeks ago and thought it was neet. I am getting a tv for my bed room and then maybe I will be able to see it again.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna usuaully every week one couple is eliminated but this season they will dance 2 nights, a week apart and then the first team will be voted off. They will combine the judges score and the viewers score for each week to get a total. the couple with the lowest score will be sent home! I really love to see how much they progress from week to week. I am not a great dancer either but would love to learn!!!

Hugs Debbie

ps after the first elimimation it will be every week that they eliminate a couple

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I really enjoy this show. My dh can't figure out why he likes it but he does. It's a good thing I like it because right now I'm watching it for at least the 5th time. My girls love Billy Ray Cirus because his daughter is Hannah Montannah. We recorded it on our DVR so they keep playing it over and over. I felt sorry for Billy, they said it was too rock & roll and too country. He didn't choreograph it, they tried to make it fun & to personalize it. He wasn't the best dancer, but he wasn't awful, he tried his hardest. Then the wig of the Mullet wouldn't come off, that was hilarious! I've watched the show so much that I keep hearing, "I want my mullet back" in my head over & over. My dd's are even going around singing it, too funny.

Have you gone online to vote yet? I haven't but I will. I like Billy, Ian, & Fatone. I can't remember now if I liked any of the others enough to vote for them. I hope Billy stays because my girls like seeing Hannah Montannah in the audience. Everytime they see here they scream, Hannah Montannah!!!

Have a great day!

Mindy

Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens...Chinese Fortune Cookie
Old 03-26-2007, 07:16 PM

Here are my opinions for tonights show-
Apollo was absolutel terrific
Shandi was pretty good
Clyde, I think he is just too tall to get it right. He was good
Leeza still seemed a little stiff
Ian was really good
Paulina was really goo dexcept on the first dip
Billy Ray has really improved
Laila was perfect
Joey was super
Heather was really really good
John was great
Old 03-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Coll Billy Ray was so much better tonight wasn't he.

My favs are Laila, Apollo and Joey. I am also hoping that John will stay a few more weeks.

I was least impressed with Leeza, Clyde and shandi. I just find the flow is not as good...they all seem like they need to relax a little more yet.

Will be interesting to see how the votes go as some of them have a big fan base no matter what the dancing is like.I put in my votes for the night. You can vote online at the website.

I love watching this show and in a few weeks it will be amazing to see the improvement.

hugs debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-27-2007, 03:07 AM

Good morning all!!

This is truly my favorite show, and I hope that over the last 3 seasons, I have learned to see what is a good move, and what is not.

I didn't like Billy Ray last week at all, but man did he improve for last night's performance. I don't like his partner, she is "mean". Her comment at the end of last season, and her attitude this season continue to be "mean". She is not a good loser.

I am with Deb on all the picks. I wouldn't count Ratzenberger out just yet, he was very good last night. But age and a little ponch in front is going to take it's toll.

The basketball player definitely improved also, but I don't think enough. He might be the first one to go.

Heather Mills was fantastic last night, and that back walk-over was perfect.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 03-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Never really liked the show although I do like dancing...guess I am the only one on here that isn't into it...maybe it is my age but the ladies sure could use more material in their costumes..they leave little to the imagination...
Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I love this show! I agree there was quite a bit of improvement this week over last week.
My faves, right now, are Apolo, Laila, Joey and Paulina.

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.