Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 03-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

NASCAR Bristol Thread

Here is where we can discuss the race or races during the Bristol weekend. My boy isn't too fond of short tracks.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well, Bobby's name is on the entry list for the Busch race. April, sorry, I don't see Denny's name. The time trials and the race for the Busch Grand Nationals are Saturday at 11:00am ET and then the race later.

As for the Cup series, qualifying is Friday at 3:30pm ET. I can NOT wait! I hope Bobby does better at Bristol than he usually does.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Aric Almirola will be driving the #20 for Denny this week DeBora. Denny is not going to be pulling double duty this year like he did last year he said it was fun but it completely wiped him out and he is concentrating on the Cup series and trying really hard to avoid the "Sophomore Slump".
I found the Busch racing series page on Joe Gibbs Racing Online that shows the schedules of whom will be driving the #18 and #20 through out the year. But I love me some Bristol and will watch the Busch series, so maybe you and Bobby will get lucky and I'll root for him lol. In all seriousness I probably will root for Bobby, if Tony is going to be driving for Kevin Harvick I cannot bring myself to root especially if Kevin & Delana's team gets points for it. I am so sick of Kevin's domination in the Busch series I think he should let the up & comings focus on that series and not steal their thunder and run a limited schedule, but that is my opinion I am not trying to knock anybody who likes Kevin.
By the way I e-mailed you back yesterday DeBora, I am throwing a total hissy as my computer pooped out and am on my laptop and its like being in the dark ages compared to my computer it is sooooo slow.

April
Old 03-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

April, I meant to email you back. Between studying and the GKs, I get side-tracked very easy. lol I hope you get your computer fixed soon. We live in a day when we can not do without our computers.

Let's see. How do I break the news to you? Bobby races for Delana in the #77 Dollar General car. I have never heard Bobby comment on Kevin, one way or the other so I don't know his personal feelings about him. Bobby doesn't say anything about someone if it's going to be negative. I have heard him say some off the wall comments about Robby Gordon and Mike Skinner. On the radio, in the summer of 2004, he mentioned something in code about the #97 car of then Kurt Busch, but I think he was talking about Skurt making a stupid mistake during the race and taking himself out. But, I cannot remember exactly what was said now.

I don't know why this year and last year, Bobby started playing some double duty in both the Busch series and the Truck series. He has said, on many occaisions, that he doesn't believe that a driver can be successful in one series while also focusing on another. The only thing I can figure out is something I have heard some other drivers and even a little from himself of getting extra seat time since NASCAR has restricted the practice time and impound races.

As soon as the Busch race is over, I will be driving back to Cruces for school. I want to be back and settled in time to watch the Cup race on Sunday. I will have things to put away and sheets to put on the bed.

My DD will be here soon. I think she and the kids will be going back on Friday, so I will be free for qualifying. I haven't even checked to see if it will be live or taped. If it will be live, I will be online and "watching" will all my lucky gear on.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Is anyone else watching the pre-rce show? That segment with DW as a car salesman was horrible! Sorry, DW just does that to me.

I didn't realize that the Car of Tomorrow (COT) was starting this weekend! I hope Robby has talked to Bobby since Robby loves change and Bobby hates the COT.

I am ready to go racing.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I saw it and as always he irks the crap out of me. Bobby did good in the Busch race yesterday did you watch DeBora? It was pretty cool, I got irritated at ABC they didn't even wait to show Carl do his flip. I am so excited and cannot wait until the race starts.

GO DENNY!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Yes, that irks me too! I didn't find out about Carl's flip or see it until later on NASCAR news. Everyone enjoys Carl winning just so they can see his backflip! (Besides the fact he is such a nice guy!)

Did you hear Mark Martin's comment about watching the race for the first time as a spectator? He said that he would enjoy putting DW on mute! Does he realize that isn't a novel idea? lol

Yes, I watched Bobby yesterday. He almost got a top 10 finish! I know Eddie, his spotter watches him race in the Busch race because, during the Cup race, I hear him talking about what he did the day before. So, I am hoping that Bobby will get out of his rut and his comfort zone and haul it to the win today. The only way Bobby will win will be to get out if his rut and comfort zone.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Green, Green, Green, Green Green!

Go Bobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Go Team 43!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

They're pitting. Bobby's loose on entry but tight in the middle. But, he isn't going to make any changes since it might make it too loose.

Good going Bobby to not make changes that will make your car worse. I bet everyone is watching their water temp and pressure as well as brake usage.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Poor Dale hahaha