Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 12-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

The Strangest/Wackiest Things of 2006

Hi Everyone...

I thought I had heard it all...well I thought I had until today...While reading MSNBC on the internet I came across an interesting article...A woman in Colorado is selling Snow,yep Snow on Ebay...okay now I have heard it all...lol

What are some of the Strangest or Wackiest things you have seen or heard in 2006...share them here...
Old 12-31-2006, 10:36 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I think one of the most shocking was the freak accident that killed Steve Irwin.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Yes I agree with you on that one...

Here is another,A 67 year old mom gives birth to Twins...a woman in Madrid Spain has given birth to twin boys...
Old 12-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

There was a woman her age, give or take that gave birth a few years ago, accept she didn't have twins.

There was a man in Germany who sold his step-daughter's dog for beer. That man has a problem.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

read this just before coming on FC tonight..thought it meant 4 legged dogs..until I read it...
Dec 29, 7:51 PM EST

Iowa man lands in double-dog trouble

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- As crimes go, this one was for the dogs. According to police, James Clay had the munchies early Friday morning so he headed for the hotdogs at a local convenience store. Although his craving appeared satisfied, there was a little problem - he decided to overstuff his bun.
When he went to the counter to pay, the clerk noticed Clay had jammed two hotdogs into his bun, camouflaging his snack under a pile of condiments.
It apparently wasn't the first time Clay had tried to double-dog his bun, so the employee called police.
Hunger was the least of Clay's worries when officers arrived. He was wanted on a warrant for failing to pay child support.
Clay was being held at the Polk County jail under $59,230 bond

Last edited by jrztomato; 12-31-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:05 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

He just couldn't lie low could he? lol

Old 01-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
I know that Christmas is over but I received this today and I think it is funny, so decided to share it. You may get a smile from it too.

Gold, Common Sense and Fur

My husband and I had been happily (most of the time) married for five years, but hadn't been blessed with a baby. I decided to do some serious praying and promised God that if He would give us a child, I would be a perfect mother; love it with all my heart and raise it with His Word as my guide.

God answered my prayers and blessed us with a son. The next year God blessed us with another son. The following year He blessed us with yet another son. The year after that we were blessed with a daughter. My husband thought we'd been blessed right into poverty. We now had four children, and the oldest was only four years old! I learned never to ask God for anything...unless I meant it. As a minister once told me, "If you pray for rain make sure you carry an umbrella."

I began reading a few verses of the Bible to the children each day as they lay in their cribs. I was off to a good start. God had entrusted me with four children and I didn't want to disappoint Him. I tried to be patient the day the children smashed two dozen eggs on the kitchen floor searching for baby chicks. I tried to be understanding when they started a hotel for homeless frogs in the spare bedroom, although it took me nearly two hours to catch all twenty-three frogs. When my daughter poured ketchup all over herself and rolled up in a blanket
to see how it 'felt' to be a hot dog, I tried to see the humor rather than the mess.

In spite of changing over twenty-five thousand diapers, never eating a hot meal and never sleeping for more than thirty minutes at a time, I still thank God daily for my children. While I couldn't keep my promise to be a perfect mother; (I didn't even come close!) I did keep my promise to raise them in the Word of God.

I knew I was missing the mark just a little when I told my daughter we were going to church to worship God, and she wanted to bring a bar of soap along to "wash up" Jesus. Something was lost in the translation when I explained that God gave us everlasting life, and my son thought it was generous of God to give us his "last wife."

My proudest moment came during the children's Christmas pageant. My daughter was playing Mary, two of my sons were shepherds and my youngest son was a wise man. This was their moment to shine. My five year old shepherd had practiced his line, "We found the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes." But he was nervous and said, "The baby was wrapped in wrinkled clothes." My four year old Mary said, "That's not 'wrinkled clothes,' silly. That's dirty, rotten clothes." A wrestling match broke out between Mary and the shepherd, and was stopped by an angel, who bent her halo and lost her left wing. I slouched a little lower in my seat when Mary dropped the doll representing Baby Jesus, and it bounced down the aisle crying, "Mama, Mama." Mary grabbed the doll wrapped it back up and held it tightly as the wise men arrived. My other son stepped forward wearing a bathrobe and a paper crown, knelt at the manger and announced, "We are the three wise men, and we are bringing gifts of
gold, common sense and fur."

The congregation dissolved into laughter, and the pageant got a standing ovation.

"I've never enjoyed a Christmas program as much as this one," Pastor Brian laughed, wiping tears from his eyes. "For the rest of my life, I'll never hear the Christmas story without thinking of gold, common sense and fur."

"My children are my pride and my joy and my greatest blessing," I said as I dug through my purse for an aspirin.

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 01-01-2007, 05:51 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

that was cute Marj...I could picture the whole scene as I read..
Old 01-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We had two fires on our street in two weeks. Across the street and three houses down our neighbor was trying to start a car in his mother's backyard one afternoon. It backfired and caught on fire. My parents had just gotten home when it happened. So my dad helped the shaken elderly woman get out of her home and safely to another neighbors home. I called my parents to see if they were ok because the firetrucks were in front of their house. We heard the explosion but thought it was our neighbor Frank shooting squirrels again.

The next fire broke out in Frank's work shed early one rainy morning. The couple live across the street from us and one house over. Frank was probably up to no good. He was in his work shed at around 5:30 am working on what? I don't know and he wouldn't say. He didn't turn off his equipment or the lights before he went inside his home. The next thing he heard was an explosion and smoke coming from his shed. My dad heard several explosions and came running down the street barefoot. He thought it was at our home. He stopped Frank from going into the burning shed. Frank was rude to my dad and told him he needed to go home because there wasn't anything he could do.

We live in the city in a safe neighborhood. But it's common to hear gun shots. We know Frank shoots the squirrels and then burns them. He'll be the first to tell you he does it. But I don't know what the other neighbors are shooting at. At first when we heard something that resembled gun fire we stayed inside away from the windows. Unfortunately we live near the interstate and 18 wheelers make noises that resemble gun shots. The noise is muffled due to the other houses and trees. We've gotten use to it believe it or not. So I don't worry about it as much any more.

That's why I didn't think the explosions we heard were fires that broke out. I truly thought they were guns or a vehicle backfiring.

We have several police officers that live near us in our neighborhood. They ride down our street frequently.

It's also common to see a firetruck in our neighborhood because they make timed practice runs.

There is an assisted living house behind us and a few doors down that has an ambulance called to it at least once a month. And our neighbor directly across the street from us has cancer. He has had an ambulance called to the house several times as well.

It's amazing to see what one gets use to. I feel like I'm almost desensitized.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I was watching the Boston news tonight and a woman gave birth to twin boys,one born December 31st,2006 and the other being born January 1st,2007...

The twin born on Dec.31/06 was the last baby born in that year and the twin born on 1/1/07 was the first born in the new year...