Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 06:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

December Friendship Flower

Ho Ho Ho

Wow can you believe that it is December already! This is the month that winter begins and for many of us that means snow and cooler temps unless of course you live in Australia where Summer will be making an appearance. December is the time many of us celebrate the birth of Jesus . It is also the month that many children look forward to a visit from Santa and his reindeer. I can not believe that we will be ringing in the year 2007 this New Years Eve.
So what are your plans this month? Do you have any special traditions you carry from year to year for the holidays? Do you have a special family recipe that just has to be made? Will you be celebrating at home or taking to the road or airways to meet up with loved ones? What ever you do I hope all of you will be truly blessed this season and surrounded by those who love you.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna Marie glad you had a great getaway! I look forward to seeing all your pictures.

Theresa so sorry to hear about your eye. Will the cyst eventually go away???? Is it really painfull??? Hope you can get some relief soon. Still no snow here!!!

Marjekas Theresa lives in northern Ontario, Canada same province as me....she has lots of snow and we have none yet!!! Of course that will change soon!

Donna hope you feel better soon!

Hubby came home tonight and the military may be sending him back over seas in August to Afghanistan for 6 months. Means he would not be home for Christmas......so need to make sure this one is good family time just in case. Will have to wait and see.

Well best get busy.......kids are off school again tomorrow. I have a quieter day though so for that I am thankful. Today was major busy and rained all day!

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 11-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Wow December already,where did November go,is it just me or did it seem to go by really fast?

Debbie sorry to hear your hubby may be sent back to Afghanistan.Make every day count,I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don't send him back over there.You are in my prayers.

My eye is worse now,more infection set in and I have to wear a patch over it at night,really burns and itches and wish it would just go away.

I can't believe you have no snow yet Debbie,we have lots and I don't mind sharing it with you,lol.

Donna hope you feel better soon,get lots of rest.

Hope everyone has a wonderful December.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Subscribing.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Nine Year Member

Karen .. The baby is beautiful. So happy for you and your family.
Donna .. Hope you feel better soon no fun being sick.
Debbie .. Hopefully the war will change and He does not have to go back.
The weather has been beautiful in the eighties. Next week should be a little cooler but no snow. Mom is enjoying the beautiful Florida weather.
______
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Its down to 23 degress here with a light layer of snow.Suppose to clear up tomorrow.I hope so as the christmas parade is Saturday that dd is in. I got to get started buying gifts I haven't even bought any.Have a good night!
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Quote:
Have lots of snow now and crap on a cracker we are getting more by tomorrow,anyone want some??? I don't mind sharing the snow with anyone,lol.
You keep your snow! I live in the desert for a good reason. I hate the cold and I hate snow even more. However, it is currently 28 degrees here. Brrrr!

Donna, I hope you get to feeling good soon!

DebK, I am so sorry about Mike. I know you will enjoy the next few months while you have him home!

Buddy, I wish there was something they could do for your eye now! Keep us posted.

Well, I have an exam tomorrow and I need to go study now. I hope everyone enjoys their TGIF!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Nine Year Member

How pretty the lighted garland is at the top of the page!

While we sleep tonight, December will arrive, wow already and across the world it is already here.

Did some online shopping today. My resolve to let hubby do it all fell through as work overtook our plans. We did agree though on what to get and most of it will not be on foot so that is good. He provides a good balance to my rudderlessness.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 11-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Nine Year Member

Mom2-4 on the new He's beautiful!

All you people with the Quit being so stingy! Gimme some!
Right now it is 11:15 and the temp outside is 61! It doesn't feel very wintry around here

Train I hope you feel better soon.

Debk hope hubby doesn't have to go back. Maybe they'll change their mind about sending him.

My mom and I went to see "It's a Wonderful Life" at the movie theater here last Saturday. All we had to do was donate a non-perishable food item for the food bank. As we were leaving the theater, I noticed they collected 2 & 1/2 (55 gallon) drums of food. We're going this weekend to see "Miracle on 34th Street" (the one with Natalie Wood). Then 2 weeks after that Mom, hubby and I will see "White Christmas" . Next weeks' movie is "The Grinch". Hubby is going to see that one alone. It's a nice inexpensive way to see the Christmas classics on the big screen. And you see things you never saw before. Like in "It's a Wonderful Life", Mr. Potter has a metal skull about the size of a fist on his desk! I never saw that before!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

subscribing

Closed Thread