Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

November Friendship Flower

Welcome to November!!!! Less than 2 months till Christmas. In Canada November is a time for remembering our fallen soldiers who have fought throughout the years and are still fighting for our freedom. November 11th marks Remembrance day and the wearing of the poppy. In the United States it is also a time of Thanksgiving as our neighbors prepare their tables for the Thanksgiving feast. In Australia they begin enjoying the warmer days as summer fast approaches. Here we are making sure our shovels are out and snow blowers are working as we await the first snowfalls of the winter season. So whats up in your neck of the woods this month????

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Felicia great to have you back great pics from your holiday sorry for the mess that your dogs left as a homecoming present!

Sorry have not been around much I am still not well. Iam still on clear fluids...tried to have some toast but just goes straight through. I don't feel too bad just tired now. I go back to see the doctor tomorrow and see if they can do anything more.

Well take care everyone and welcome to November!!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

November is also a time for us in Australia to remember the fallen soldiers and the wearing of the poppy on November 11th.
Today is a beautiful spring day, a bit cool this morning but this afternoon is a lovely sunny day, AND NO WIND. We had a reasonable amount of wind over the past two weeks but it is gone now. I have done some spring cleaning today - some windows and door tracks that seem to collect dirt from outside - not only dust. The spring flowers are looking beautiful.
Time to make the puddings and cakes - we still have hot Christmas dinner even though it can be 100 deg.
Deb -Hope the Dr. can help to clear up your problem. lol Marj

God is silently planning for you in love, for it matters to Him about you. Zeph.3:17
Old 10-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

November is a busy month for me, I have 3 birthdays the first week. The 2nd, 3rd and 7th! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, I am cooking for my family but then going to my Mommy's house to celebrate there with all my siblings.
I am sure this month will bring some more cold weather and maybe even snow. I guess I better get my bum outside and rake those leaves that were all over the place when I got home. I pulled in and said who dumped all these leaves in my yard?? I had raked before I left.....
I hope everyone had a super Halloween. I had to work but my oldest daughter took the younger ones out along w/her son Maddic and they looked so cute. Then she took them to eat at Friendly's and get sundaes. She's a good big sister. [she happens to be a waitress there] So they had a great night.
Felicia

Old 10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Wow,where did October go to??? Strange that it is November already.
We had no kids come here for trick or treating,snowing to hard and so cold here.Just the right time for me to hibernate along with the bears.
Debbie I hope you get better really soon,and thank you for the patch,my friends hubby is going to love it.So far I have gotten him 9 patches.
Debbie have you gotten any snow in Southern Ontario yet???
Very cold here tonight and still snowing.Time to get the winter coats,boots,hats,mitts and scarves out.
And only 55 days until Christmas,wow.I don't know where this year has gone.It sure went by me awfully fast.
Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:08 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I am glad that November has arrived! It won't be long before I have a week without classes and I will get to play with the grandchildren. I was going to do something simple for Thanksgiving, but my DS said he is coming and my DD and her family are going to be there for a part of the time. So, I may either make a pork roast or get DH to smoke a brisket as I am getting homesick for Texas food again.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Mine starts early in the morning before I have a 2 hour break before 2 marathon, 3 hour classes in the evening for which I don't get home until 9pm. Wednesdays are so long. I am hoping I can get out of one class early so that I can come check on Bonte. lol
Old 10-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Nine Year Member

We didn't have too many trick or treaters this year. We actually had candy left over. My DD volunteered to come over and pass out the goodies in her gorilla suit. She bought a really nice one last year. It was a big hit. Some of the kiddos were pretty surprised when our door opened! lol

Fish, I am wondering--Who are you most upset with, the doggie or the DD who was babysitting? I feel for you. Having to replace a couch is MAJOR.

DeBora, I didn't read the book for years. My DD had said it was really good. I don't know why I didn't, as I still enjoy children's books very much. I have talked about that one so much I may just have to read it again.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

November is busy here too. We have dh's bday at the end (23rd), nephews birthday on the 16th (I think), nieces wedding celebration this Saturday, Melbourne Cup Day on Tuesday. We don't go to the Cup (a horse race), but enjoy the day off. Dd is singing at a wedding on the 11th.
Right at the end, 26th, our Church has it's large Children's Celebration. This is a great day when families come to Church, see the kids perform and then have a lunch and play afterwards. It's a fun day, but very busy. I guess that gets me ready for December which will also be full on! I love the activity and just wish I could find some of the energy I wasted in my younger years!! LOL

Debk, hope you are feeling better.
Felicia, welcome back.
DeBora, enjoy your spare time. Hope Bonte and Poncho soon love each other!
Theresa. Laura. jrz, Sueanne and others ~ Hi. Chat soon.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:02 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yay, I caught another thread that is just starting!!

I caught this thread at the begining and I caught the What's for Dinner Thread. I am so proud of me!!

November should be a fairly quiet month for me. Not that any month has been quiet recently. But, December/the end of November will be busy for me. As baby is due at the begining of December. And all but one of my baby's have come early. A Thanksgiving baby, maybe???

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:27 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Nov. is busy for me also I have a couple of birhtdays but Thanksgiving is a busy holiday for me..my husband's favorite because it hasn't got commericalized( I know I spelt that wrong) We always invite a ton of ppl to eat with us which I love cooking for that many. Last night was the first yr we had more than 2 trick-or-treaters to give candy too lol but we moved to a busy street in town. I had my husband give out treats and he really enjoyed it I was surprised because he doesn't do things like that. Then after we had went house to house Emily and I went to the school for there party. The Lions club puts on a fun one they give treats but the best part is the old fashion games they play...like peanut roll (where you roll a peanut accross the floor with your nose) 3legget race and a sack race . Emily had a fun time. Well gotta go and get her up for school you all have a good day.
love,
Rosey

Closed Thread