Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

October Friendship Flower Thread

Well welcome to October and the beginning of shorter days and cooler nights. The time when leaves change color and children get ready to take to the streets in costumes and fill thier bags with candy. In Canada October is also the month that we celebrate Thanksgiving. So what are your plans for this month?

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

In October we are in the middle of springtime. The gardens are a delight, new growth and lovely flowers. We desperately need rain. The country is so dry. Our Village Open Day is to be next Saturday, we have stalls, a BBQ lunch, A Vintage Car Display, Afternoon Tea, etc. and it is a great (but tiring) day. Also Hemlynne's daughter, (my granddaughter) is to be married in North Queensland. I will be at a wedding paty nearer home on 4th Nov. The sun is shining and it is very warm. Happy day to all. Marj

God is silently planning for you in love, for it matters to Him about you. Zeph.3:17
Old 09-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Hi can anyone post on the October friendship flower thread???
Old 09-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes it is open to us all. Love your pot Deb. I was in bed and could not sleep so here I am nothing new about that huh?
It was a bit chilly here in house this morning so put on my duster and then later a light sweat suit. It is suppose to be in 80's tomorrow. Guess that is today since it is already Sunday huh? Steven is sleeping over here tonite since his Dad is picking us up for church.
My eyes are soooooooo tired but can not get to sleep yet so will check more mails here and then try again. Have a good Sunday all
Old 09-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

PattiG,I hope you can get some sleep soon tonight.

October,wow hard to believe that it is here already.
This is a busy month for me,DH's birthday is the 13th,my best friend Monica's is the 18th and my DS's in the 24th,with Thanksgiving in there some where.
I love Thanksgiving with all the trimmings
and fresh baked pumpkin pie,a time for family and friends.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi BuddyBeanieBaby! Sure, anyone can post here. It's just a fun, chat-about-anything kind of place.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Thanks Teresa, yes got to sleep shortly after I went back to bed sometime around 1.

I have several B'days this month too, 11th is a very dear friend Gloria use to be my back door neighbor till I moved(been friends since Oct 68), and on 16th is Suz's (she and I go off together as often as possible) and mine is 17th, 18th is a bit of a sad day for me as lost my Otto that day in '95 (Suz and I try to get together and go some where for the 3 days) and 28th is my foster daughter Stacie's day.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Quote:
DeBora it turns out that mom's heart sometimes beats to fast even when she's asleep so the doctor put her on some new medince we hope that will take care of the problem as she high risk for any type of operation so we won't do none unless thats a last resort. She may also have to have her pace-maker redone as it is rihgt under the surface of her skin so that you can see and feel it otherwise it works fine. So we are take it one day at a time with mom. Thanks for asking about her though.
Nell, that is good to hear. My 4 legged baby, Jet-Bo is on meds to regulate his heartbeat and he wasn't supposed to live past a month and it has been over a year later. I am sure your mom will do well.

Quote:
Hi can anyone post on the October friendship flower thread???

Buddy, we always welcome new people to post here! Jump in and join us! We'd love to hear more about you.

DebK, try not to kill our flower this time, okay? I am sorry. I just couldn't resist! lol

We had to dump our black water tank yesterday. I was telling DH about what some of you, I think it was Ellen or Felicia, about the movie RV with Robin Williams. Anyway, he starting laughing because he HAS seen it with his co-worker and friend, Dave. He said at work he is teased because he actually did what Robin Williams did in the movie. When DH moved my RV from one place to the one that I am currently at, he left a cabinet door open when he moved the slide in. Of course, the slide busted the door. He had his coworker fix it, who does wood work. DH said it was just in the movie. Those of you who saw the movie might get a laugh out of that. After DH told me that I decided that I am going to have to see the movie. lol

Well, I am enjoying what little time I have with my DH. He will leave today after the race to go back home. I am not sure, but I think the next time I see him will be when he comes to get the boys to take them to Texas to my in-laws so they can babysit while we go to the races! I cannot believe that it is almost time for us to go to the races. Well, I hope all is well with everyone.

I forgot to tell everyone that my battery got recalled on my computer. I sent off to have it sent to me. Well, my neighbor noticed that a package was on our back porch and looked "weathered." I decided to call Dell and, as usual, couldn't get through. DHL evidently delivered it and just set it on our back porch, which we NEVER use! It is of NO use now that it has been in the weather for who knows how long. I am not going to tell Dell that I even received it. I need it BEFORE my NC trip and I am going to have them send it to me ASAP to Las Cruces via us post office to my addresss here. Btw, I did get a mail box here for when I need to get mail.

Last edited by DeBora4BobbyL; 10-01-2006 at 04:45 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy October everyone !
October for us is the beginning of craziness
My best friend's bday (4th), Mine & My SIL bday-21st (same day too), Also my Grandmother on the 23rd..
Halloween of course, which is a BIG DEAL to my 3 3/4yo...
It's not always the coolest weather here in FL, but it is much nicer
It's also planning for bday's for my boys.. They have Nov bdays 7th & 17th.. So I need to start planning for 4yo & 1 yo bday parties.

I cannot wait to see the flower bloom !

I hope all of our Canadian friends enjoy planning Thanksgiving... It's such a wonderful time of year.

Debbie,
Thanks for the October flower pot...

Old 10-01-2006, 05:45 AM
Nine Year Member

I am planning a Halloween party this year at my house. It's usually a my friends house but she just moved yesterday and now has no yard. So now it will be at my house. She's going to help plan it.
Mine & my husbands birthdays are both this month. Mine is the 28th & his is the 29th. The Halloween party is actually going to end up on his birthday.
I'm also the Halloween committee in the PTO at my son's school. I'll be running the Biting for Apples game booth. We're going to hang apples from a string and the kids have to bite them, or try to. I've done this at past parties and it's hilarious!

Closed Thread