Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 07:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

September Friendship Flower

It's time to welcome a new month with a new flowerpot!

In honor of Back to School, this flowerpot has a book.

Keep posting, and keep checking this page to watch our Friendship Flower grow!

Old 08-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

A new thread already. Where did August go? I was asked when I write, most of the time it is late afternoon or late evening when the kids are in bed.
I love big family's. I grew up in one but only my one sister and I have lots of children, the rest have 3, 2 or 1. I have 7 siblings, I am number 5, I have 2 youngers sisters who are twins and a younger brother. My brother is the only boy and he is the baby, imagine how spoiled he was! I can't imagine having less kids now that they are here, would it be easier? Who knows and I really never cared to contemplate it, this is my life I made and I enjoy it. [that's not meant to come out sounding mean or defensive!] Life is good, life is what you make of it and I try to have fun and stay close to my kids. We do a lot together and they do alot together w/out me.
Welcome back to Candy. Where were you? And as someone else asked, how is the weight loss going? You're someone to look up too. My best friend needs to lose about 100 lbs and sure could use some pointers to anyone here who has dieted to lose that kind of weight. I am still trying to lose my 10 and so far I lost 1 lb. Using my grapenut diet..... it's not a fast way to lose weight, I can say that. And I just need to lose my expanding waistline and belly.
Isn't that a cute little flower pot? I wonder what last months flowers were? I am going to go look at them.
Good Evening ladies,
Felicia

Old 08-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello, everyone from the waterworks.

DeBora, how about vendor or retailer? Would they work?

I had wanted 6 kids but was unable to have more. I am blessed with 2 wonderful children.

And one is getting out of the shower so I have to run.

Take care.

Debbie

It is important to follow our dreams as a tribute to those who were forbidden to follow theirs. - Unknown

Old 08-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Nine Year Member

When we were engaged my dh and I talked about 5 but then we reconsidered after how grumpy I was those first 3 months after the babies were born (we have 2 girls) and also my age, dd1 at 33 and dd2 at 36. I bet a large family is a whole lot of goodness and fun! God bless you Felicia!

And DeBora, I too kill off my fair share of plants, poor things! And now that I know they 'scream' I feel really awful when I let it happen. Houseplants for me must be very forgiving.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."

Last edited by ellenmelon; 08-31-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Quote:
DeBora, how about vendor or retailer? Would they work?
I may do a search on those words and see if I can expand it more. Thanks!

Quote:
My best friend needs to lose about 100 lbs and sure could use some pointers to anyone here who has dieted to lose that kind of weight. I am still trying to lose my 10 and so far I lost 1 lb. Using my grapenut diet..... it's not a fast way to lose weight, I can say that. And I just need to lose my expanding waistline and belly.
I have never had to lose that kind of weight. My DH's cousin had that stomach surgery and did well, but I have horror stories from others. I have had the most success the quickest on proper food combining. Try doing a search and see what it gives you. I know that fruits much be eaten alone at the begining of the day to detoxify the body. Everything must be fresh and only eat frozen foods when there is no other choice. Never mix proteins and fats with carbs. The diet has to be 90% water-rich foods. The book that I have, which is not with me, was written by scientists. They studied 2 tribes of ppl. 1 group had zero percent cancer and heart desease and the other had 1%. There should be no concentrated food on the diet either. It is called "Fit to Live." I may be wrong. I don't know if it is still in print, but they do make sense. I wish your best friend good luck.

Ellen, my DH won't even let me touch my roses or any other plants because I am so deadly. lol However, I do enjoy the fruits of his labor! lol
Old 08-31-2006, 05:16 PM

I never got to see the August flowers either. I always forget to look.
I don't need to lose 100 ponds or more but could stand to lose 40-50. I don't want to you-yo diet so i don't even try to lose any anymore.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi all,
first I was gone for what seems like ever because my old computer was going down hill fast and finally the hard drive died. well I finally bought another one and it wouldn't let me do internet or e mail. Kept getting error messages etc. fianlly got it to working properly.
on the weight lose ...I have slowed way down during the summer because I want to live and not just diet,love the picnic foods. But I now have lost a total of 140 pounds! Yeah!!!
For me a diet with restrictions won't work. I have to be able to eat anything. The hardest thing for me was learning portion sizes. Very hard not to pig out on stuff. I keep trying to learn from my dd and my dd in law. They are both thin and eat the good stuff once in awhile and watch other days. Move more. And mainly don't beat youself up over a bad for you meal. The key is have more good food days than bad. I have to live with this forever so I am going to have that occasional cheese cake or burger. Pizza is still super hard not to over eat for me but I mostly go out for it and order 2 slices which fill me up and I don't have leftovers to call to me every hour! He-he Well enough of this , anyone interested in more can pm me.
I still can't walk right and my balance is terrible. I do pretty good indoors but outside is horrible. I push a shopping cart or stroller for balance whenever possible. i have tried canes but I go pretty fast and well they just don't work for me. Guess I will just look drunk till we figure this out. God has kept me from falling . In this whole last year till now I have been blessed and have only fallen once. I keep praying that it will get better.
I have missed everyone more than you will ever know!
Patty,boggz,debk ,debora,coll,ellenmellon,jrztomato,dinsky, fish,mother of 2, sandi, barbszy, bar-bar, oh just to many for me to mention you all..the australian gal, and lots more I can't think of right now. Meg...just thought of your name. love to you all. if I didn't mention your name please forgive this very bad memory of mine, I still love ya all.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Candy
Great to see you! Congratulations on the weight loss: is that what is causing the instability? I love your view on the whole diet/life thing
Wow September is here already. We were asked at work today what activities we have planned for 07 AND 08!!! I am still figuring the rest of 06! LOL!!! Ds got knocked in the head at school today so is home with a headache. Dh and I are supposed to go out tonight, but may stay home with ds (he was going to come, but I'm not sure now?) I'll see what I can work out.
I need to check back to August Thread to catch up on the last few posts! Chat soon
Old 09-01-2006, 03:18 AM

Ellen, what do you mean by plants 'scream'?
Candy, you have done wonderful.
I have lost 20 lbs by watching what I eat. More vegetables and fruits. And only home made bakery. I found that if I ate anything bought from a bakery, I gained. I don't deprive myself of anything.
Talking about large familys, my father came from a family of 14. My mother was one of five. She was the baby. And me? I'm an only child. I had a girl and a boy. My daughter passed away 4 yrs ago this month at the age of 40. My son lives about 1 and 1/2 hrs away and I see him about once a month. We do email.
I have 1 grandson and 1 grandaughter. I do have 3 stepchildren.
As Felicia said life is what you make it. I'm content most of the time.
Ya all take care.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-01-2006, 04:52 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I everyone Love the new flower pot.

wow candy that is wonderful and the way you did it is great thats kinda what i did just started eating better and lost 35 need to loose 35 more and now that we found out dh is diabetic we really have to learn how to eat healthy so i may just loose those other 35 we shall see.

Its chilly and rainy here so not doing much dh and i are going to clean off the porches and get things put away for the winter

Have a great day ladies love ya all

Closed Thread