Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 05-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Dear Mr. President by Pink and Indigo Girls

I just heard an incrediable song that moved me to tears... It is a song call Dear Mr. President by Pink and the Indigo girls.. Wow. I would love to hear your thought on this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDJ3cuXKV4&eurl
It is really a look at the true state of the union as seen by the average american. I am not looking for a Bush bashing thread, just your honest thoughts about this song. I have always loved Pink, but she has moved up 3 places in my heart!

God Bless America... We need it!
Old 05-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I have never really listened to Pink before. I like her voice.

As far as the song goes, I dont really agree that the President should be soley bashed on all of the topics that she touched on. To me, there comes a time when people are still responsible for themselves. By far, I do not agree with everything that our President has done during his time in the White House..but, like I said, I dont think that he is soley responsible for some things either.

Personally, I bet she was trying to gain more attention with this song than anything.

JMO though

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I like your thought..

I think she was responding to all the things that he says... as it seems without thinking. I think the point I feel so forcefully is how can a Dad can take away his daughters rights to choice and his thought on gay rights.. from a man that has had is own sorted past.. you would think that would make a person more tolerant and open minded.
It really has a few points, it has just gotten me thinking about the impact of my views on others. I am not the Prez... but I am a mom, wife and friend. People do listen... even if it is only me speaking.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

For Mothers day my kids took me to see RV. It was a funny moivie. The whole family gave it a laugh.

This be tree
Old 05-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
[quote=BellasMom I think the point I feel so forcefully is how can a Dad can take away his daughters rights to choice and his thought on gay rights.. from a man that has had is own sorted past.. you would think that would make a person more tolerant and open minded.

[/quote]

I couldn't agree more with you. Once he became President, he took this religious stance that Im not convinced he actually fully believes in as much as he wants people to believe he does. I am totally against his beliefs on these two subjects.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-18-2006, 04:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I was just thinking

Is there a place for this im our world right now, when our country is at war, shouldn't we stand together 100%? Isn't songs like this seen as weakness to the outside world? You know they love our media (movies and music) even if they hate us.
Just a thought.
I think it is a great song, but not sure if it has a place.. ahh.. who am I to say whether or not it has a place. It is just that this song makes me think. It has been a long time since I have come across a song that did that to me.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I came across this song last week and it blew me away. I agree that not everything bad that has happened in our country is the president's fault, but this administration is the most corrupt I've seen in my lifetime and they hide behind religion to make people keep supporting them which is absolutely infuriating to me.
I don't know if Pink has a hidden agenda behind this song, but I think it will have a positive impact on young people who, in the future, will vote based on what they believe and not because that's the way their parents vote. That's my 2 cents

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 05-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thumbs up Dear Mr. President

I agree with your thoughts on the song. Maybe not all of the subjects are applicable, but the song in general does make you think about certain things, doesn't it? As for me, I have always voted for who I believe in for me and my family, not who other people want me to vote for. The song speaks volumes.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I listened to the song. It did have good points and she sang it with such feeling.

I don't think the songs given an Anti American feeling or that we are not united, to others. I think it shows that we do have the freedom to express ourselves.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~