Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 04-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Craziness! - Pa. Man Kills Girlfriend Over Sandwiches

Okay...I'm sorry to post another article, but I had to share this with someone.

Apparently a guy in Pennsylvania threw a microwave at his gfriend and then beat her to death after she refused to heat up their sandwiches...can you believe that?

http://tinyurl.com/gbkzr
Old 04-19-2006, 03:22 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I hate to say it, but, I think it must be something in the air in PA!

Just in the last six months right here in Lancaster county we have had to separate incidents of killings. One of them the worst in history in Lancaster county!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 04-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I can not help but wonder if this man has an impulse control problem, or worse. He says that he went to get help, but then came back and drank a beer after he felt that she had no pulse? He says that he didn't mean to kill her, but after throwing her to the ground, he smashes a microwave on her and then he beats her? Sounds suspicious. I can tell you this, if he doesn't have an impulse control problem, he's researched it before he killed her. The reason is because if he killed her out of a rageful situation that wasn't planned, then he'll get 2nd degree murder instead of 1st at the very worse. How much you wanna bet? Sad that people are this way.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

'I didn't mean it'!!
When do people begin to take responsibility for their actions? I can't believe the amount of excuses to get away with own mistakes! I get so cross with my own kids as I try to teach them that whilst they may no have intended a particular outcome, the actions that led to it were wrong in the first place! eg. I didn't mean to stain the carpet! No, but you are not meant to have drinks in that place! Therefore the stain that is there IS your fault!! (A simple example, but all I can think of late at night!)
Old 05-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Mu hubbys neice had the neighbors granddaughter pinned up against the truck and punching in the stomach...She is 3 and 1/2 yrs old...The neighbor is only 5 yrs old...bIg difference.Her excuss...was the same..I didn't mean to do it? Than she went to tell her mom after she came to pick her up.That they were having a punching contest.......and her mom believed her......Can you imagine where she is going to be in a few years? It doesn't look pretty now.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Quote:
When do people begin to take responsibility for their actions?

I totally agree. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't take responsibility for their actions. It's always their parents' fault, societies fault, the fault of alcohol, and so on. Part of the problem is that our criminal justice systems allows it! How many people who have been convicted of DUI more than one time are back on the streets with a driver's license? I would have sympathy if a person was kidnapped, held down, had alcohol poured down their throat, and the only means of escape was a vehicle. But, how many people do you know have been arrested for drinking and driving after they were forced to drink alcohol?

Meg, I don't know what the law is like in your country, so I am speaking about the US.

I think we need to hold people accountable for their actions.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I don't think it is much different DeBora. And of course, if you had a troubled childhood, then there may be an excuse, or maybe if you were bullied, or maybe your dad died, or didn't like you or left the family!! It seems that when someone CHOOSES to act in a way that breaks societies standards, there is an excuse from their past and so the sentencing is easier!
Strangely enough, if we look at the problems today and go back to the ten commandments, we find pretty much the same laws are being broken!! Maybe it is true that 'there is nothing new under the sun!!"
Old 05-19-2006, 06:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

This is scary to me. The choices that we all make, even who to go out on a date with, can be a fatal choice. Do you think this poor woman thought when this man asked her out for coffee that he would end up killing her? It is incrediable to me. My heart bleeds for this woman, and the millions like her in our world. All to often the one person that is supposed to be on your side, endsup being your demise. I am going to call my hubby and tell him, I LOVE HIM.
Have a great day.. and choose wisely!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Meg, I know that some countries have stricter laws than ours, but I wasn't sure about yours. I remember years and years ago when a older US teen when to an Asian country (I want to say China) and committed an act of robbery or stealing or something. In that country his crime was punishable by caning! I remember when people here were shocked because that "poor boy" was beat with a cane! I want to say that it was a senior trip. Anyway, years later he went back and did it again!!!! This time, it did NOT make headlines when they caned him!

My thoughts were that people shouldn't visit other countries if they aren't willing to either go by the rules or take their punishment. I have heard that the Asian country will never allow him back in their land again. I also heard that he is now in prison or jail or was.