Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 04-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Your Personality

I would like to ask everyone's help for information for a paper that I am writing for my personality class. I will not be using your names. I may use your gender and maybe what counrty you live in if you do not live in the United States.

I need to know what your personality is (melancholic, choleric, plegmatic, and/or sanguine) Then, I need to know if your personaly, in your opinion, is the same online--like here on FC, or different than you are face-to-face. For example, if you are shy and nervous around people face-to-face, are you more relaxed and open and talkative online?

I would appreciate your information. I will not remember those who gave me theirs on another thead, so it would be helpful if you reminded me of your traits again. If you told me that you had a mix that I said wasn't natual, that is okay as it will go along with my theory.

Here's the link to the test for those who havn't taken the test yet or want to take it again: http://www.oneishy.com/personality/personality_test.php

Thank you for all your help!

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DeBora, my score was Melancholic (48) Choleric (24). I think that online I am more flexible, kind, patient than I am "in real life." But in both places I enjoy helping others, learning new things, helping people learn new things, keeping things organized & under a system (though I don't always follow through on it).
Hope this helps!
Age 40, female, USA

I gave my age because I thought that might have some bearing on things. 20 years ago I think I might have answered some things differently! Different circumstances, etc.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks Barb, this is exactly what I want. It is also helpful that you also told me how you are the same in real life as you are online! Thank you! I figure I will work on my paper Easter weekend.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Forgot to add--I am much more SHY in real life than I am online.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am Sanguine (38) Choleric (28) which pretty much describes me in real life as well as on this test. I took this same test 15ish years ago and my numbers were similar.
Female 44

Let us know how your paper goes. It's been fun following along on the other thread.

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Nine Year Member

Equal amounts of sanguine/melancholic for me. Just as careful online as I am in person with meeting new people. After awhile, the sanguine begins to come out. BTW I tested gender neutral on those other tests (but I prefer a masculine look).

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 04-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I really appreciate this everyone! I will begin thinking about reworking on my paper after Wednesday when my heavy exams are out of the way!

Also, if anyone has any ideas for a name for a personality theory that includes these traits, genetic and hormone causes, and socialization causes, feel free to share them. The teacher told us, just recently, that she wanted our own personal theory (no problem for me as I have been studying it for over 25 years) and a name for it. The younger students have no clue what they are going to do. I am used to teachers or professors giving me a list of criteria and how the paper will be graded. She keeps adding what she wants when I had her information. I think now she has given us what she wants.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Old 04-10-2006, 03:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DeBora, why not call it the "4 Humors in the Cyber Age" or something? You have built upon a theory that existed, added your own spin. You want to honor what was there & acknowledge your original contribution.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:21 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I like that except that the theory will also include aspects of genetics and hormones, as well as the way we are socialized influence our personalities. So, I want something that brings the essence of these 3 areas.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I think I was a melancholic choleric...........
I am very shy in person but only in groups, not one on one. I do love to plan parties though, my shyness disapears there. And I have given talks on infertility and can do so without getting TOO uncomfortable but typically am not a speak in public sorta person.
My husband is tons more shy than I am. Like today, all the demonstrators were marching by our house (I estimate about 5,000 participated) and I was out there waving my flag getting them to yell Si Se Puede.............and then was there when they got back form thier march downtown giving them high fives and saying good job!! Mark just sat in the back watching me and , well, he must think he has a crazy wife!! No, he already knows that, LOL!!
So...................I AM shy depending on the situation.

hugs, train