Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 04-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Quote:
And I have given talks on infertility and can do so without getting TOO uncomfortable but typically am not a speak in public sorta person.

Does it depend on how prepared you are as to how comfortable you are? Also, are you bolder online than you are in person? THanks!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh yes, most definitely. I could NOT just get up in front of a group and start talking. I practiced my talk for HOURS!!!!

I am pretty bold as far as being crazy, having fun. I am NOT bold at all when it comes to sticking up for myself. I get my feelings hurt way too easily. Always have.

Donna
Old 04-11-2006, 04:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DeBora, what Train said made me think of something else.

I am a teacher by training but I find teaching absolutely EXHAUSTING. It is very hard for me to be "on" in front of a crowd all day long. But for a long time I worked as a tutor for children who were homebound due to illness/injury, and I could teach them for hours & feel energized at the end.

I love being in a choir and playing an instrument at church, but I HATE to have to sing alone. I can do it and have done it but I much prefer singing as part of a group.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I will be compiling this information into my paper as data sometime this weekend. I won't have any people here as everyone will be in Texas and DH will have to be at work. No racing, so I'll get a lot of work done. LOL

Thank you for your help!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DeBora just took your personality test. Here are the results.
Melancholy Strength:6 Weakness:10
40%
Phlegmatic Strength:4 Weakness:3
18%
Sanguine Strength:5 Weakness:5
25%
Choleric Strength:4 Weakness:2
15%
40 yrs old in the northeast usa
To describe my personality I would say very responsible, growing up in large family then having a large family I know no other way. Moody at times, sense of humor most of the time, can be a loner or life of the party depending upon my mood.
Fish3711

Old 04-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Felicia, thank you! I won't say anything about you being moody in case you are in the mood to throw something at me! LOL

Would you guys mind adding how your personality is different or the same online than in real life, so to speak?
Old 04-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Kelly Your personality is Melancholy Choleric

Melancholy Strength:5 Weakness:7 30%

Phlegmatic Strength:4 Weakness:5 23%

Sanguine Strength:5 Weakness:2 18%

Choleric Strength:6 Weakness:6 30%

DeBora, I think my personality online is much more reserved than in real life. I express myself with lots of body language, facial expression,tone of voice, etc. I have a dry sense of humor and love a good joke. My siggy is an example! Online it is so much harder to express myself than in real life. Hope this helps you some. Now I'm confused! LOL

Kelly
TN, USA

Last edited by kellygirl64; 04-11-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Nine Year Member

just took this test, I'm Choleric Melancholy
melancholy-strength,6; weakness,8-35%
phlegmatic-strength,2; weakness,4-15%
sanguine-strength,4; weakness,1-13%
choleric-strength,8; weakness,7-38%
I've always been an introvert, my dh is an extrovert. I've always been real shy with people I don't know-although I try to make myself get out of my 'space'
I like to be 'in charge', but I can give it up too-except where my family is concerned.
I feel like I'm a bit more outgoing online than in person, but alot of times I don't post when I want to (answering questions or giving advice) because I feel like it won't matter or might upset someone.
I'm the oldest in a family of four, I'm 51.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Pam, thank you so much for this information. I will be writing my paper this weekend. I wish I knew how to share an entire huge paper online or I'd show it to everyone. I will be glad to email it to those who are interested when it is completed.

Pam, do you find that when you are working with people, that you expect them to do things the right way and to do them efficiently? Do you tend to be hard on people, but hard on yourself as well? If you tend to be hard on people, do you tend to be easier on them when you are online or do you just not say anything because you know that it'll come out harsh and then someone's feelings would be injured?

Don't feel that you have to answer these questions too.

I plan on writing a section on how the Internet affects the personality. This is an area that definately has not been studied to my knowledge. But, it should be. This isn't a study by definition, but it will add some flavor to the paper.

If anyone "sees" Meg around please remind her about this thread. It would be nice to add a number for some data for outside the US. I also plan to go through the other thread if I have time and catch anything there that I didn't get here.

Thank you all for you time and participation!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I am writing my paper. However, I am not sure if my theory is too long. I have the name of my theory as: Genetic Hormonal Conditioning Typology theory. Since my theory states that we are born to certain traits, then our traits are genetic. Hormones affect them as men behave differently than women who have the same personality due to hormones. Plus, the way we are conditioned in our societies alters our personalities. For example, a choleric raised in the UK might behave a little differently than a choleric who is raised in the Middle East.

Does anyone have any ideas for a better name? My DH totally likes this one, but I think it is too long. If I could buy a vowel, I might be able to make a word out of it.

Here's my introductory paragraph:

We meet people everyday when we go to work, to school, shopping, church, and so on. We cannot avoid meeting new people. However, people arenít as complex as many think. Psychic companies stay in business by understanding the organized structure of the personalities people display in their behavior and language. In order to appreciate this, one must know what a personality is. Personality is a stable amalgamation of inborn traits that are displayed through a personís emotions and behavioral patterns. There are 4 distinct personality styles or a combination of any 2 that a person can have at birth that continues through his or her life. These styles are obtained through genetics and are affected by sex hormones. Furthermore, the individualís uniqueness is also altered somewhat by the personís atmosphere due to cultural conditioning and experiences. This is the Genetic Hormonal Conditioning Typology theory.