Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 03-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Your personality on family Corner

How are you different..........if at all...........in person than on Family Corner?

I am much louder on paper/screen than I am in person.

I am very shy and quiet.

How about you..........

peace, train
Old 03-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna, you brought up an interesting topic. I am actually taking a personality class this semester. I will be writing a paper during spring break on 3 perspectives on personalities. I really don't know how I come across here versus in person. But, my favorite viewpoint of personalities is the 4 greek humors started by Hippocrates. Here's a site in case you want to take the test yourself. It also lists the strengths and weaknesses of each personality. I am 63% Choleric, 20% Sanguine, and 15% Melancholic. Of course, I am 0% Phlegmatic. My guess Donna is that you are mostly phlegmatic. Here's the link in case you want to take the test: http://www.oneishy.com/personality/personality_test.php

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DeBora, do you use the MBTI in your personality class? If you're knowledgeable about that, I'd love to see what you think my type is, based on what you see here. (Then I'll tell you how I've been testing lately!)
Old 03-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Yes we have discussed the Myers-Briggs test that you are talking about. I am very familiar with it. However, most people have a difficult time understanding it--I do not know why. Barb, what was/is your score on it?

Old 03-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I scored differently back when I was a college student....but ever since I started working and then became a mom, I have scored ISTJ. Very strong I and J preferences (well, the I was always a strong preference!) As a student I was scoring INFJ.

I'm not sure why it's hard to understand. I think it's a very useful tool for knowing how you tend to "operate" so that you can use your strengths to your advantage, and try to develop your weaknesses.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Barb, I am a bit surprised that you are introverted. I believe that people can be very different in front of a computer than they are in face-to-face situations.

For those of you who want to take the test and find out more about your personalty, here's the link: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

I am an ENTJ. I too scored highest on Judging. This means that I am extroverted, intuitive, high in thinking skills, and high in judging. Does that make me bossy? LOL

For those who want to get involved in some actual psychological experiments here's the link to a university that my teacher gave us to go to: http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/index_surveys.shtml. They have several types of tests such as testing to see if you can spot a fake smile, what does your taste in art say about you, and memory tests. There are so many to choose from. Of coourse, it is located in the UK. Have fun!

Old 03-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Here are my test results:

43% melancholy
30% phlegmatic
20% sanguine
8% choleric

hugs, train

Old 03-16-2006, 07:39 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna, I am not surprised that you are basically a melancholic/phelgmatic mix. I am a bit surprised that you scored higher on melancholic than phelgmatic. I bet you have lists and charts for things. You problably cry with your friends when they tell you a terribly thing that happened to them. Melancholics tend to be sensitive and loyal. Phelgmatic (my DH is 100%) tend to be easy going and relaxed. They avoid conflict at all costs. However, I would never want to make one mad though. They don't like to be around a bunch of people. They have only a very few friends--if any--whom they are very loyal to. They roll with the punches, so to speak. The sanguine part of you likes to play! You want to have fun! Since you are so high in other areas, my guess is that you may want others to be in charge of the party or the fun, but you definately want to enjoy it.

Did I explain you fairly well, Donna?

Old 03-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Here's mine:
Melancholy Strength:8 Weakness:11 48%
Phlegmatic Strength:2 Weakness:5 18%
Sanguine Strength:4 Weakness:0 10%
Choleric Strength:6 Weakness:4
Old 03-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

LOL Barb. I figured you'd score high on either Melancholic or Choleric since you score high on the J on the Myers-Briggs! LOL