Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 01-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Assistant Moderator

Things you've won

I've just read my local newspaper where last week I entered a competition for a BBQ. I won 1 of 3 BBQ's they are little disposable foil ones costing, if I'd bought it $7.95.
Have you won ever anything, big or small, and what did you have do to win the prize?

Old 01-19-2006, 04:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
The only thing that I can ever remember winning is a battery-operated, #24 Jeff Gordon kid car--one with pedals that my son could sit in and drive. K-Mart was having a drawing and I entered it--then forgot all about it. One day I got a letter in the mail saying to watch for the delivery. Sure enough, it came that same night via UPS. This was almost 7 years ago, lol!

He was thrilled with it.

I'm really not lucky when it comes to contests and drawings.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I won first place at the County Fair a couple years ago for the writing contest!!
The topic was "what I like about my town."

hugs, train
Old 01-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I've won some lipgloss, bodywash and a purse from a couple of magazine contests. All I did was fill out an online entry form!
Old 01-22-2006, 07:46 PM

I went to a Longaberger basket bash and won a basket, didn't have to do anything since the ticket was given to me. Last year I bought a Longaberger ticket (that goes with the PA lottery drawing), I won a basket. The ticket cost me $5.00, the basket sells for about $60.00.

Coll
Old 01-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

$500 for Best Buy

You know how at the bottom of receipts to some places they have a survey you can do online? I always do those and it paid off. I was home on maternity leave with my daughter and FedEx came with an envelope I had to sign for. When I opened it there was a BESTBUY gift card for $500!! I was like okay there must be a catch (since I am a skeptic) BUT there was no fine print, no paperwork, nothing. Just a a piece of cardboard with the gift card on it and CONGRADULATIONS on it.

IT WAS AWESOME!!! My husband and I went and got a video camera and everything to go with it (bag, blank dvds, etc). We use it all the time with our now 2 year old and we would have never gotten one otherwise.

THANKS BEST BUY!!

TX Chef Fran
Old 01-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Only one one time at anything...Burger King had a drawing for a large cooler supplied by Pepsi..said Pepsi on it and a beach towel and holders for soda cans and Pepsi 12 pack..that was in the 70s and I stil have all of it except (of course) the soda...

Old 01-23-2006, 07:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I've won a couple of things, but nothing "huge". A 100pc megablock set which my 3yo LOVED ! A CD & some lip blam....
If you wanna win you gotta play, right?

Old 01-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Assistant Moderator

Wow all winners prizes are varied, good to see what's out there.

.... and you're right you've got to be in it to win it!

Old 01-24-2006, 02:49 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This is so funny, I was just telling my DD the other day that the only time I ever won anything was when I was about 13.

A grocery store had just renovated, and had prize drawings. The grand winner was a $150 grocery shopping card. And guess what. I won it!

Of course only being 13 there wasn't much I could do with it. So, I gave it to my Mom, and she bought all our goodies for our week long summer camping trip at the mountains with it. So in reality, I really benefited from it.

Boy, what I wouldn't do now for a $150 grocery shopping card!! That would come in real handy.

I bet to this date a 13 y.o. would not be allowed by law to win a prize like that!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!