Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 11-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Where to get sigs for yourselves! Let's go shopping!

You may have wondered where can you request sigs made for you. Well there are many different signature artists out there and there are several links I can share with you. And if you'd like to share what you know please do. Enjoy shopping for sigs!

Old 11-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My first share!

This is a forum of many different things and I love it's Creative Arts forums. Please be advised that you must create an account first with them. Do not worry, you can start with the FREE account which is called a DelphiBasic. You may not have access to some of the other "forums" because they only accept upgraded members. But that's no problem because even with the "basic" membership you are able to view so much and thus can request a lot more. So here is the link to the famous "Delphi Forums" below:
http://www.delphiforums.com/
1)Create your FREE account
2)Make your username and password
3)Log In
4) Choose Creative Arts from the list of
forums.
5)To the right will be the different artist
group forums. Click one of them! For
example:
The Enchanted Signature Collection
6)It will take you to that forum where you
can make sig requests by posting in the
individual artist's folder.
Let me post a seperate post about how to view things while you are inside a sig forum. See the next post please.

Old 11-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

How to navigate in a sig forum.

Okay, let's say you are in a sig forum and if you look at the top bar there is a list that has "Start" "Message" ..."Webpage"
Click "Messages" and that will open up the some folder headlines like "Most Recent Adoptables" and "Snagables" and even individual sig artist's folders with their names:
All you would need to do is click the heading and see what comes under the folder.
Artist's adoptables are artist's sig designs.
And you know what "snaggables" would be for.
You can "post" when you click "Post New" to post/share your own snaggables etc.
Now in some forums you will have artist folders headlined and it is where they want you to "post your sig requests" in that folder. A sig artist's folder heading will most likely have their username and you can "post" your request in their individual folder.
Hang on for my next instructions on where to "view" the artist's sig designs or artist's "adoptables".

Last edited by LovedMom; 11-20-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Where to view artist's adoptables.

You are in a sig forum and the above list has "Start" "Messages" ... and "Webpage".

Click "Webpage" and it should bring you to the artist's own site and albums. There will be links to the artist's designs. Please read the rules of request as most artist allow one request at a time.

At times you may come across a sig forum group that has no "webpage" so you just click the "messages" and it should drop down a list of headings wherein you can click and view artist's designs. There will be directions as well on which folder to go and place your requests so read the "start" page in all sig forums you go into ok.

Old 11-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

In DelphiForums make sure to visit these sig forums:

"The Signature Café" * Designers At Heart * Creative Signatures
You will eventually have a list of forums that you have visited and liked and they can be added in your own "My forums" list so that you can easily go into them.

If I think of other details to share I will, otherwise please try it out and let me know how it goes.

In your membership preferences is where you can change your email preference and add your own signature to be worn and other things that you can tweak for yourself. We will go into that a bit later when need be.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Lita, Amanda has given her approval!

Thanks,
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 11-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lita..this is so great..thanks for sharing..you are a sweetie..I went there and set up an account and even ordered a sig...now will wait and see if I did it right...
I used an old id that I haven't used in ages..so you won't find me under Jrztomato....
I can pm it to you if you like

Last edited by jrztomato; 08-06-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh Margaret! I am happy for you!

That is fabulous! Go for it!
They will email you their responses. Usually there is a "Greeter" that will let you know that they got your request and are passing it on to the artist for you. The artist will also email you. Yippeee!

Thank you Tami! I am so glad!
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Lita..I did get the emails..now will they email me the "picture" or will I get it on the posts on the forum?..when it is done can I save it my regular way that I save the ones I snag or do I have to copy and paste it to my sig. box on fc?....
Old 11-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Super questions Margaret!

An email will reach you with a link to the artist's post and on the post is your sig. It will be an attachment at the bottom of the post. You click on the attachment to view the sig in it's actual size and from there you can then right-click on it and save to your 'puter. Or the artist may just have the sig posted in it's original size not as an attachment and thus you can right-click on it as well.

Your idea of copy/paste to your signature box is possible but you do need to save your sig in your 'puter or in your photobucket account, wherever you want to have it for safekeeping. So if you copy/paste you can still right-click on the picture right there in the sig box and save it.

I do recommend that after you have picked up your sig, meaning you have saved it on to your 'puter, that you would hit "reply" and post a "Thank you" message to the artist to let them know you got the sig picked up. They need to know so that they can have space to post other sigs for other requests. Especially when a sig was an attachment.

You just made me think of something else I wanted to mention. But let me get this out to you first so you can read it.

Good Job Margaret!

Hugs, LovedMom