Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 02-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Patti, you aren't kidding that married lady is rude! Honestly, I am not pro-gay, but to treat people, gay or straight, that way is uncalled for. One would think that people would be more willing to meet all different types of people if they are willing to go on a program like this. And that married couple's family. I am only 41 minutes into the show, but there has been nothing but argue, argue, argue. I am with the lesbian woman who is staying with them. I would be "very uncomfortable" too. I don't think I could deal with all that tension, griping, and yelling.

That family seems very unhappy.

The married lady is now complaining about the Hispanic housekeeper. She is so narrow-minded.

I don't think I could handle being in a family that is so very differernt from mine for an entire week.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Sorry for the b2b. I hope I remember to watch next Friday night. I will have to set a reminder on my PDA. I can not believe how rude that married lady was. I wonder if that husband was not only compensating for a low self-esteem, but also because he didn't have any boys and probably wanted some. They usually show both families as having "issues" and I wondered why they didn't show the lesbian couple's issues?

Anyway, next week should prove interesting.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Nine Year Member

How about how the father kept asking his daughters to ask the lady about her spouse! He is as mean as his wife is. How he yelled at his daughter on the soccer feild and didn't even stop when she hurt herself.

His wife is horrible. I couldn't believe the way she acted the entire time of Friday's show.

Just putting in my two cents.....

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 02-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I couldn't believe all the name calling that goes on between the parents & the sisters. And when the parents were calling their daughter "fatty" when she was playing soccer I wanted to jump into the tv. That's always been a pet-peeve w/ me. My Dad told me I was fat quite often when I was young so I know what that does to a kid. I wasn't even fat, I remember when I was in 7th grade I thought I was huge - I was 5'4' & 120 lbs, I think I wore a size 7...I would love to be that "big" again! Your parents are supposed to be your biggest fans, not your biggest critic. I'm wondering if the parents (and the girls) will learn anything from being on this show.

Have a great day!

Mindy

Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens...Chinese Fortune Cookie
Old 02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Yeah, that family was horrible. I feel for their children.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yeah I watched the end of this one and I think the Mom n dad are changing thier attitudes.
I couldnt believe how they treated thier kids!! WOW

And to say that Pepper had a birth defect cuz she was gay!! OMG!!! The things that lady said Im sorry I think i woulda slapped her upside her head a few times!! She needed a HUGE REALITY CHECK!!

And then said she felt uncomfy at the party bcuz Pepper told her friends about her thoughts..How did she think Pepper felt in her own home when she was saying the stuff she was to her!! WOW!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I think there was more going on with that lady than her outspoken opinions about homosexuals, Hispanics, and people with birth defects. She seemed like an angry person. She got angry when she saw the Hispanic woman cleaning the other lady's house. It was like she took it personally. She also seemed like she had never been around anyone except her own kind so she had no social skills when it came to being around people who are different. She should have been willing to encounter different types of people and undergo different types of situations if she was to go on that show.

Betty, have to applied to those shows yet? lol
Old 02-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yeah I agree..

She def. had some serious problems. She really needed a wake up call and then the fact that she was scared to go home cuz they wouldnt want her backl! that right there woulda said DING DING DING in my head if I was her!!

I get so frusterated when i watch the shows..I guess I wont understand unless I go thru it myself..but dawg gone it...you KNOW your goin to somewhere new and oposite of you, they ask you on the interview where you would NOT liek to go and what would you have a problem with so LIST it then and there..other than that if you dont then your willing to go ANYWHERE they put you. And they are goin to put you in the VERY Opposite of what you are. So Im sure that i would get put with someone whos not like me at all. Thats the chance your taking to be on a show as this is! DUH!!

I mean what do they expect to get, the life of luxury?? Cmon..what kinda show would that make for?? Not a good one!

So im expecting the worse if I go lol

I did apply to Wife Swap...we did everything they asked and sent the tape in and she said there was NOTHING on the tape. It was blank. So Im not sure what happened. We decided not to watch it before we sent it in because we KNEW we would of edited it, and we didnt want that..Now I wish we would have so we coulda seen it was blank! But I am down and determined to do this! I will try again and again until I get on one of them!

Im actually thinking of trying out for both of them and see what happens! Ive submitted emails to Talk Shows before as well! I guess Im just a TV star wanna be! lol
Old 02-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Betty, I just HAVE to ask. How did you answer those questions that you just listed?

When I watch Judge Judy and notice that people are geniunely shocked when she is so blunt and everything, I wonder if they ever watched her show before they agreed to go on it? I wonder that especially when they are obviously wrong and I know they are going to get their heads bit off! lol

Since the tape was blank, I wonder if you had sent it with, "VHS tape" written in red on the package? I wonder if something in the process of scanning and stuff during mailing erased the tape?

Old 02-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I just preyyy much told them that I wouldnt like to go somewhere that they are just so rich and snobby. and iw oukdnt be comfy where I didnt understand what they were saying.

As for everything else I dont think I would be "afraid" to go anywhere they would send me. Ive been around gays, lesbians, mixed races, interracial couples...I really am not a judging type of person "UNTIL" i get to kno you and have proof that you are what I say! lol

Dont get me wrong I wouldnt mind going to a richy home where id get pampered and treated as a queen!Or to be able to go on a shopping spree and buy everything I wanted with no price limits and worrys.Or they had a massage therapist!! OOOO Yeah!! Were talking good there!!

But Yeah I just think that they need to be open and know what they are getting themselfs into before they go on the show, esp if theyve watched it before!! I mean Im sure that I would have some issues and WHAT the heck moments too IF i get pickedQ thats what its all about!

I would hope to be able to bring some light into my home and the home im sent to. Thats what its all about a learning expierience to better everyone!!

And yeah I WONDER if thats what happened too?? I dont know! I know that I will def make a copy this time and make sure theres something on the tape before i send it out!