Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 10-10-2005, 06:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow, alot of gabbin going on over the weekend,lol, I still havent caught up, but whats with the Alligator at the door Margaret????? In answer to DebK, and Debbie about our bed we LOVE it, I cant even say it was worth the extra money, because we paid the same for this bed as we were gonna pay for a matt and box spring from,Serta, just like The Bionic woman says in the commercial. My parents ,after seeing ours and trying one out in the mall, are getting one delivered sometime this week, and now my dd and hubby want one,of course in dd's case I told her to tell her father (my ex hubby) thats what she wants for Xmas,(believe me he can afford it),lol. Its STILL RAINING here, has been since Friday, there are some parts of the state that have flooded out, one town in particular, and I just saw on the news some houses that were lost, and one young couple, drowned in their car, I knew it rained heavy Sat night, but I never thought it was that bad.I feel so bad for all those people. We are gonna have rain until wed or thurs according to the weather report. Well FIL, is all moved from Florida to Ohio, to my bil, and his GF's house, and he isnt too happy about it, I dont know if they will be able to keep him there, dh was talking to him last night, and he said, he wished he had gone into the retirement assisted living,and just stayed in Florida. I pretty much stay out of it, its between, dh, his brother, and his dad. The irritating thing is dh's brother used to live next door to fil, in Florida, but because his GF is from Ohio, and wanted to live there, he moved there,and right now thier relationship is on pretty thin ice, so if they end up splitting up which is a good possibility, than fil and bil, are stuck in Ohio where they no nobody and fil doesnt wnt to be there anyhow. Now his home and bil's are already sold so they will have to get something else if they move back to Florida, which is what we have a funny feeling is gonna happen, like I said I try and stay out of it, its way too confusing,lol. Well since its rianing out and I dont want to go out in this today, guess its a good day to tackle the desk Im refinishing, I found this "old" desk with a roll up top, for a "steal" at the flea market, and all it needs is to be sanded and refinished, dd has wanted one for a long time, so Im gonna surprise her with it when Im done, I wish this desk could talk, lol, I bet it would have a pretty interesting story, Im not great at "dating" antiques", but there is a stamp on the bottom of this with a barley visible date of 1925 , so it seems like this must be 80 years old!! It was found in a barn in one of the apple orchard farms, that is now being made into condos. Have a great day all, send some sun and crisp fall air this way!!!

Last edited by sandieluvsbears; 11-15-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Botox working on migraine & a new grandbaby on the way

Just a quick note to let all know that the Botox is working on the daily migraines & my ydd is blessing us with a new . Tooooo excited & happy for words. Dh insisted that instead of she & her df rushing into getting married right away instead of next winter when they had planned to, for them to wait until after baby is born (my insurance will cover it), she can continue working on her degree and they can stay with us until after the baby is born & they are comfortable handling things on their own, then off they go. He explained that the financial burden & stress would be hard on any newlyweds, much less ones expecting a baby, and since Liz is our baby (though she is his dsd-you would never know) she did not need any extra stress on her, that school & pregnancy should be her main concern, not worrying how they are going to pay this bill or that. Besides, her brother & his wife lived with us for 6 months after their baby was born, using the excuse we need someone with lots of experience to teach them how to take care of an infant & ddil is a perfect mother, so really no help was needed, but it did give us plenty of bonding time with our dgd & now that they live next dr. it's really going to interesting with two of them yippeee.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

[QUOTE=jrztomato

The gator pic was taken by my neighbor's friend at the friends's house..We don't have them here as we don't have the water for them to hang out in...[/QUOTE]

Sandie ...it is a real pic....
Old 10-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Quote:
DeBora..why are you calling him a "dumb dog"? Poor little fellow...we are all praying for him .....
Sorry Jrztomato. I guess it is difficult to read sarcasm when it is in words. The "dumb dog" comment was my sarcasm toward people who do not see animals as a part of a family, that when they are ill, hurting, or dying, their owners grieve for them as much as they grieve for a child, a husband, or even a very close friend. He is still playing, whining, and all the other things that he has done in the past when he didn't have health problems.

I just got home from my extremely difficlt mi-term exam. I am still trying calm down. I do believe that was the MOST difficult exam that I have ever taken. I am now going to wind down and take a nap. I am also going to watch TV and NOT even think about school until this afternoon when I have to tutor a student.

Sorry about your DHs family Sandie. Congrats on the good find on the desk.!!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

DeBora I am so glad to hear Jet Bo is doing better. I for one am a pet lover and understand when people say Well it is only an animal. Well to me they are my family very close to both DH & I. we glad the test is over try a nice cup of tea and relax hon.

Bar Bar yes I can see your print LOL. John was on 81,s before having heart surgrey then the surgeon put him on to the 325,s watch I will get that straigten out when he goes back this week or I will call the heart Dr and the Dam will break. Cause I think it is the asprin on the stomach if they are sure about the ulcer we will see.

Sandy where is the ark???? Yes they said we got 7.75 inches of rain here in the Mid Coast and Linclon county has been badley affected (that is where we are. I see your area got hit bad too. Well it is rainning here but not as hard we have roads that collasped and flooded streets especialy the road going out of here but DH got through it okay. Thank god we live at the top of the street and not the bottom.

Well hope everyone is having a nice holiday. Later,

Old 10-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Pinkie Winky He made it ladies!

The children and I had to park at the hotel nearby and then we went to the beach and waited 4 hours for dh's canoe to come in. They has met with some 8 -10 feet waves that made them flip over two times and they were exhausted, but they completed the race and it was the best thing to see them coming in. We made the loudest cheer and I ran straight into the water getting all wet just to embrace my dh! We had the lei's and the kids were in the water too hugging their dad! Only my dh and another man have been on long distance races before and the rest were novices. So it was exciting for all the supporters to see that they never gave up!
Just one thing that I regret and that is that I don't have a camera and could not capture the moment. I know that there were others taking pictures but still.

My family had called that same day that we had the incident and they left voice messages saying for me to go back and then there was one saying do I still want their support for the race or not, and this was in a joking way, and then my sister said sorry for her mouth....etc. but I have had it with her disrespecting me. I just feel like this time it is different for me. I never returned their calls because I figured if they really wanted to support they would come anyway. And they didn't, so hey, we had enough support from the church people anyway.

I love your orange or was it lemon tree picture Sueanne that is just so fruitful. I would be over also with a basket in hand as well...lol. I miss that about growing around my childhood neighborhood where there alot of fruit trees and generous neighbors including our own yard that had alot of fruit trees; mangoes, guavas,papayas,mountain apples, lemon, orange, and other fruits.

Thanks for the encouragements ladies.
Sonya, I did remember the leis and he did arrive safely. Thanks.
Connie, no truer words have been spoken about setting boundaries and about how to keep on in life despite those who delight in our setbacks and tend to want to keep pulling us down.
Bar-bar, I see your picture and then a bear with pumpkin blinks in its place. I finally get my new picture of the kids and I on my end now. I can see it! Yes!
Margaret that picture of the Alligator knocking at the door is hilarious. Well, I guess it can be scary as well...lol, they do have longer fingernails than I do...

We had a potluck get together right after the race and there was a lot of great food so we brought some plates home. There were people there that offered free massages, the local kind, called lomi lomi, and underneath the tents you could see some men already getting serviced. These are all people from the church and family of the canoe paddlers and our church had 6 canoes represented in the race which equals over 60 men.

I massaged my own dh at home and I know he will be feeling the ache for several more days but I will massage as long as it takes. I understand why they offered the lomi lomis because that length of a race does take a toll on one's back.
Anyway, thank you so much and dh was able to get half-day off today so that he could rest a bit so I will be dropping him at work soon.

Attached Images

Old 10-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks all for the wishes for my Mom. She is doing fine. They did break a blood vessel during the surgery but when we went back to the Doctor it was already 20/25.

Today I took DD and had her ears pierced. She was a trooper and did not flinch. She did not like everyone watching her have it done though. We went to Claires and their chair sits in the doorway to the store. We even met one of her friends who stayed to give her support.

LovedMom - glad your dh finished the canoe race and what a welcome he had!

DeBora - I hope you did well on your exam and that JetBo continues his improvement.

To everyone else have a great day!

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 10-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning all..

Robin... glad your Mom is doing fine.

Donna-Marie..have you thought any more about FLA.? I'm sure there must be subsidized housing here also..Do you rent or do they help with your mortgage payment..you said that you would "sell" and move so wondered if they helped with mortgages..I have a neighbor who could use the help..As for your other belongings you could get your son to drive a uhaul down for you..you wouldn't have to deal with the cold winter...

Prayers for all who are in need of them...
Old 10-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

friendship

Hi Lita ,
I can see the picture of you and both your children. They are so cute . Love the picture. At the end of this is a little some thing for you.

HUGS
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, Just popping in for a quick hi,yes DonnaMarie, its still raining here too,lol. The poor people up in the Keene area really are getting it worse than us though,I thought for a bit earlier it was gonna let up and 5 minutes later it got sooo dark, and than started pouring again. Robin I must have overlooked, about your mom, hope she is doing okay. Well just looked at the clock and I have to go and take some clothes out of the dryer, and hang them real quick so they wont need ironing, (I hate to iron). Have a nice day or I guess I should say night, now.

Last edited by sandieluvsbears; 11-15-2005 at 03:55 PM.