Night owl to early bird - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 07-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Night owl to early bird

I start the early morning shift at Denny's tomorrow! I am a night owl though who is going to have to get used to going to bed early and getting up with the birds!! Remember my last job...it was working overnight and sleeping days!!!!!!!
I like the "idea" of getting up early....having my devotional time and reading the paper, etc, before going to work. "Liking the idea" and "Getting up" are two different things though!!

So , to all you early birds out there..I am looking for your inspiration!!!
Tell me why you like getting up with the birds!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, I know YOU are NOT an early bird Barbar, LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

hugs, train
Old 07-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm also learning to be an early bird, but here it's mid winter! Thankfully we are having a mild winter and there hasn't been frost on the car yet! (Our last place had a double garage) But, I too need inspiration for the early morning thing!
One thing to say, train, COFFEE!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 06:43 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have always been an early bird. Thank goodness by dh is too. I feel that I get more out of the day if I am up early. Now sometimes I do like to sleep in (like if it is a rainy day and a weekend) but I work and am up at 5:30. It just takes a matter of time to get used to but you will enjoy getting up.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have no problem getting up early, not as early as dh, he is up before 7 every day!! I will get up with him, but its the REALLY early 3:30 am on the weekends that kills me, I might as well not go to bed lol, this is because those of you who dont know, as a hobby dh collects and sells fantasy knives and swords (Lords of the Rings, etc.) and he sets up at a flea market almost every weekend, we leave here at 5 am, but in order for me to be ready I have to get up at 3:30, dh gets up and jumps in the shower and is ready at 4:45 lol!If I go to bed too early those nights I cant fall asleep anyhow and end up watching tv in bed until I start to fall asleep and by then I only end up getting 2 or 3 at the most hours of sleep!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:57 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have always been an early bird since I was a kid -- always the first one up. Now it is so bad that I wake up at 5:30 for no reason! It is so annoying -- everyday this week it has been like that. I really dont sleep that much which is not a good thing -- does anyone else have that problem?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I am an early bird. DH is an afternoon person. He functions better after 3pm and poops out by about 10pm. Train, I know what you are going through. Some semesters I have had classes that didn't end until 9:30 pm! This semester, my classes will begin at 8am and end at either 10:30am or 2:25pm, depending on the day. Of course, this is just GREAT for me! Good luck on the job! I know it's difficult making the adjustment.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:01 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Ackkkkkkk!!! Day shift!!!! Bah Humbug!

LOL, train, I WISH I had some words of wisdom for you, but I've pretty much worked nights, 12 hour shifts for the past 20 years, until Feb. of this year when the little unit I was working on closed & we were given one WEEK to find another job within the hospital. I transferred to surgery to train as a scrub tech. ACKKKKK, days, 8 hour shifts! I felt like a VAMPIRE! LOL I've recently resigned from that job & hospital, & once again am back on nights, which I dearly love. It is so HARD to adjust, for ME anyway, seems like you're either a "day person" or a "night owl"... well one vote HERE for the night owls!!!! Good Luck in your new job!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I too am a night owl. I hate school year cause I have to get up early. During the summer break , DD and I stay up half the night watching TV. Thats gotta stop soon though.

If we are what we eat, then Im fast, easy and cheap.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Assistant Moderator

Donna, my sweet friend,
you know what kind of night owl I was... when I kept the gd's last yr and the other kids I was doing for child care, I had to get up early and the night stuff had to come to a end. Or should of. I know there was times, when I just couldn't sleep.
In due time I did make it to the getting up early and now still in the routine.
Thank goodness.

It takes time to get used to that transition... make yourself go to bed early, like making yourself do alot of things. In due time, it sort of happens.

don't take naps in the day as I learned that it makes me want to stay up late at night, no coffee or any other caffine drinks late afternoon and evenings, as this will also keeps your from going to bed like you should

I would set my alarm much ealier than I should of been up to help me to get up when I should. For it would take me a spell to wake up and get up.

Of course with the girls it was this was for even the weekend.

I once in a while sleep late, but with No a /c the heat wakes me up now

whateve you do I do hope it will help you to wake up and learn to go to bed early.
I guess if I see you on the computer pass a certain time, I will pm you to tell you to get to bed. LOL

Old 07-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have always been a morning person..once I am awake I can't lay in bed...start thinking about bedtime around 9 but most nites it is 11 before I actually get to sleep...