Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 07-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Do You Remember Your First True Love?

I remember mine. I was in high school. I was a band member, he was a football player. We had some really fun times together. We stayed in touch for a long time after he graduated--I was in 10th grade when he was a senior. I even attended his wedding. We dont keep in touch any longer but I think about him once in a while and hope that he is happy.

Who will be next to share a story?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Mine was, unfortunately, my daughter's biological father. We had dated for three years in high school, before I found out he had cheated on me. Kind of hard to stay faithful when you go to different schools across town from each other, I suppose.

I wish I could say it was a happy ending, but it wasn't. The only contact we have are court appearances and him calling our daughter when it is convenient for him.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:46 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Re: 1st True Love

Thank you for bringing up this subject. I'm sure we all have our stories. Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I met "Jim" when we were in high school as well. I think we were 16. He was my 1st "real" date, came to my house, met my mom, took me out to dinner & a movie in his Dads car, as we weren't old enough to buy our own yet. Jim is 3 days older than me, & we're both Taurus's. OOOPS! LOL Well, we're 42 now, but Jim has never married nor had any kids. I married once, 1 child but divorced after only 2 years. Jim has found me over & over, over the past 26 years now, in our lives, at different times, & every time we talk, it's as if NO time at all has passed. We've always lived either across state, or country from 1 another, so we never got to spend alot of time together, but what we did, was always amazing. He had me at "hello". Well, as time went on, he ended up breaking my heart 3 times. Jims parents divorced when he was young, & he always stayed close, even mostly lived with his Mom. VERY sweet lady.
He's currently working on getting his masters degree in special education, & feels he's truly found his calling. I'm a nurse, LPN, for almost 20 years now.
Jims Mom, passed away this month, & after family, he called me 1st. I know how close he truly was to her, & not so close with his Dad, although a nice man. The last time I saw Jim, was in 1997, he showed up, & put a ring on my finger, but didn't "propose", then as always, disappeared out of my life again, until a few years ago, & we've stayed in touch either online, or on the phone. When we spoke after his moms passing recently, he asked me if I was ready to move up north to Alaska, when he graduates in 10 months or so, & for me to be ready.
Jim will ALWAYS be my "1st true love" in my heart, but I'm not holding my breath, as time & distance can be very hard in a relationship. I've always thought of him as my Knight in Shining Armour. So, we'll see, as only time will tell. Thank you for letting me share my story.. Hope you all have some happy ones!!!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 05:41 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

First Love

I met my first love when we were both fourteen. We dated off and on for ten years before we figured out we should get married so it would be harder to break up. We've now been married for 17 years and have two beautiful children. My husband was my best friend in high school and he's still my best friend. We feel very blessed as there are not too many people our age who can say their first love is still their only love.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

His name was Stephen. He was a senior in high school, I was a sophomore. He was a bigtime football player. We dated for 16 months. Then me being young, I started getting curious about other guys. So we broke up. Got back together. We broke up. Got back together. lol. Then we both ended up marrying other people. When those marriages didnt work. We got back together once again. I think we both realized this time around that even though we would always be special to one another ...the fire had burned out. I still see him around occassionally and we chat for a few. He will always hold a very special place in my heart.

If we are what we eat, then Im fast, easy and cheap.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well I had my chance to meet my trus love many times. I dated a few too many boys in my teens!! However, I met Rod when I was nearly 15. We dated for about a year. I thought I was in love, so did he. Can't remember why we broke up?? At 18 I started going out with another guy. On and off a bit, but now, at 40 we have been married nearly 19 yrs. About five months before our engagement we broke up, during that time, Rod proposed. It was a tough choice. Part of what swayed me was knowing I didn't want to move to Saudi Arabia with him!! (He never did end up with that job.) When my now dh proposed, I would have moved to Pluto to be with him!! I guess he really was my only TRUE love!!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

true love

Yes I sure remember my frist love . His name is Frank he went to a city high school . I went to a well you might say a country school . We meet at my cousin wedding. You every heard of love at first sight? Well thats how ours was . We danced and talked and had fun at the wedding . It was getting late and I had to walk home . So Frank said he would walk me home. He did and even went inside to meet my parents. He even ask if we could go out the next night. Of couse my parents said sure. So our dating started that night. He was a senior and I was a freshman . We did alot of different things . Just before school started again he told me he had to go to Nam. Oh I was so up set I cryed for days. We did plan to marry but they took him in the army insted. I didn't not hear from him. One day I called and talked to his dad . He told me he thought (Frank) of me oftened he was sorry how things ended for us . No I'll never foreget him not now not ever he was the one and only love true love I every had . Still think about him often he is still in my heart and soul. Were every you are God be with you my love.
Carol

Old 08-30-2005, 01:59 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Of course, he was two years older than me in high school -- really cute, blonde hair, soccer player and baseball player. We ended up dating for 3 years ~ gosh that was a long time ago
Old 09-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

lol, this is just a vague memory...