Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 10-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I saw that PurseBrite advertised on TV and thought it looked cool, then I looked for it online. Then I saw it in the Sunday coupon inserts for considerably cheaper and still I just "thought about it."

Then my sister-in-law did something SO incredibly wonderful for us and I was wracking my brains for a gift to say "Thank you" and it hit me, the PurseBrite! She's as bad as most of us here, carrying all kinds of stuff around! The one in the paper was $12.97 with $3 shipping, well less than the TV and website. I ordered two, one for her and one for myself. If I don't like mine, I will give it to a friend.

My (grown) daughter thinks I just need to pare down what I carry, she uses this teensy purse 1/4 the size of mine. But she doesn't NEED all the junk I need!

One of my students got me a new purse for Xmas and it had a mini-purse in it. You put the Crucial Stuff into the mini purse. Then when you're going into a restaurant or store, you just grab the mini and leave the big one in the car! It holds my cell phone, checkbook, credit-card-holder, ONE pen, change purse, and a squeeze bottle of stevia (sweetener), a Listerine PocketPak, ONE tampon, keys, and that's all there's room for. How's that for narrowing it down to Life's Necessities?

This is the same student who, when she learned that I didn't carry Kleenex, bought me a 12-pack of mini-Kleenexes and now they are a necessity.

I'm getting better, I really am. Used to be Ms Let'sMakeADeal, too!
Rani
Old 10-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

If I don't like my PurseBrite, I will give it to a friend.
~~~~Can I be your friend??? Hint Hint Hint...

My daughter doesn't NEED all the junk I need!
~~~~~I'm with you.
One of my students got me a new purse for Xmas and it had a mini-purse in it. You put the Crucial Stuff into the mini purse. Then when you're going into a restaurant or store, you just grab the mini and leave the big one in the car! How's that for narrowing it down to Life's Necessities?
~~~~~~~~~~~Sign me up for one of those. I actually carry an empty purse in the trunk of my car so I can put my necessities in it. You have such a thoughtful student.
~~~~~Be who you are, that's what makes you you.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:33 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

OK, I have to ask??? What's a Purse Brite

Shelley, I've got a wheelbarrow you can borrow to put that purse in. LOL WOW gal, you sure know how to fill one. You must have well developed arms nd shoulders.

I used to carry a lot (I thought it was-til I saw yours) but with my back problems, I've pared it down to a small wallet and brush and pen.

Maryann

We learn lessons in the school of suffering
that we can learn in no other way.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

[quote=Raggd3]Shelley, I've got a wheelbarrow you can borrow to put that purse in. LOL WOW gal, you sure know how to fill one. You must have well developed arms and shoulders.

LOL! You crack me up. I can't stop laughing. But I might have to take you up on the wheelbarrow offer. LOL! Most of the items are in different size change purses. The pens, coupons and hair brush are loose in the bottom.

Y'all have a great night.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

www.pursebriteorganizer.com

The ad in the Sunday coupons was considerably cheaper than that site. I have seen them on eBay and also As Seen on TV

Michelle, we can be friends, but I think I have another friend who'd be here before you!

Rani
Old 12-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I usually have my PDA, a brush, my check book and credit cards, ID, a compact mirror, my keys and some pepper spray.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Boy compared to most of us you don't have any thing in your purse mine is full of lots of things which Ihave already said on here.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I like to keep things simple. I'm still trying to figure out how to carry all of that without a purse lol
Old 12-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

LOL when you learn that let us know
Old 12-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Assistant Moderator

I used to keep my PDA in my bag but once I went to use it and the battery was flat, it lost memory and I had "fun" getting it all back and working right, (even with the computer back up) now I just use pen and paper as my mobile phone has most if not all of the info that my PDA has. I do play cards on it though