Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 05-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Stars and diets

I was reading through an US Weekly at the doctor's office the other day and it was showing different actresses who have lost weight or maintained a very tiny figure for parts in movies or television. It's amazing to think about what these people have done to look this way for their career. The pressure they must face must be pretty difficult to deal with. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel that sorry for the folks, they are making millions. What do you think about how they treat their bodies and what they have to do to make it in the inustry?

All also, on another note, I saw that NCMEC is holding an auction coming up and Orlando Bloom is auctioning off his mini-bike. Anybody know what a mini-bike is?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Re: Stars and diets

Quote:
Originally posted by WGDad

All also, on another note, I saw that NCMEC is holding an auction coming up and Orlando Bloom is auctioning off his mini-bike. Anybody know what a mini-bike is?

Here is some info about pocket bikes/mini bikes

Pocket Bikes are designed in class and style of a “mini-motorcycle.” Its well-built aluminum frame gives it a sleek look of a racing style bike. Top speeds range from between 34-45 mph, depending on the weight and height of the rider. Mini bike is a fully functional scalled sport bike. Lots of fun for the novice to the expert rider.

Mini-bikes and scooters related phrases are Fast Bikes, Super Bikes, Gas Motor Scooters, Go Peds, American Chopper, Electric Engine Scooters, Electric Scooters, Mini Choppers, Motor Scooters, Jet Scooters, Wholesale Mini Bike Xcooter Scooters, Electric Motor Scooters, Gas Scooter, Pocket Bikes, Small Bikes, Mini Pocket Bikes, and other bikes and scooters. Our on-line store makes it easy to purchase not only mini bikes, but gas scooters, electric motor scooters and accessories. These mini bikes and scooters are quality engineered and are known for their durability.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks for the info. Who knew? Don't think I've ever seen one of those bikes. I'm going to have to look it up on google and see if I can find some pics of one.

Anybody know anything about this auction that is happening?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Here is a picture of a higher end version.

The cheaper version were really popular where we lived in Pa. I cant understand why any adult would want to ride on such a small bike????
Attached Images

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Forgot to say that this one was going for $2400.00

I dont know about the auction though.........

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

That's funny. I can't really picture how big it is though. hard to tell.

I found this on the auction:

article on auction

I'm going to ebay to see if I can find it. See what else they are auctioning off.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Well, looks like there a still some items left. That mini bike ended up going for $1,000. There's still a few things on there that might interest me.