Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 01-28-2004, 06:06 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Newbie

jns131 where do you get this infromation?
Old 01-28-2004, 06:22 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

Days

Here is the link:
http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/comngo.html

Scroll all the way down to goings and keep going until you see it.
I was hoping they'd send Belle and Shawn to Africa and remove the teeny bopper scene. Those two look more like they belong on Passions then on Days. IMO.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:47 AM
Friend of the Family

FamilyCorner Newbie

That doesn't say Marlena is leaving only that her contract is up in August!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

Marlena

Go back and reread the last 4 of my posts. I never mentioned Dustin's site, I mentioned SOD. They mentioned that they would be thrilled to renew her contract in August. I am hoping that they don't. Because that would send a strong message to our nations youth that killing is ok because you can get away with it. Especially when it was said more then once in Tuesdays episode that the killer will get the death penalty and Corday stated and I quote, "Marlena will be of sound mind while she is doing the killings." That sends a message to me that they better kill off Marlena. The copy has Marlena's pic on it with a mask. I never like her and/or her character. She is a B* with an attitude. Now I am hearing John does Kill her. So, for now, I watch and wait. Then I am going to backlash Days into cancellation if I have to to make then own up to that killing 10 people is wrong. Off hi horse. Watch todays episode. It'll show Marlena killing off Tony.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:38 AM
Friend of the Family

FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you for your response. I do intend to watch today.
It does upset me that they are killing off so many of the older characters! I guess they have to do that to deep the cast down though.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:47 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

Days

It was mentioned by Corday back in November when it was Cassie's turn to be axed that either he make some serious cuts to the budget less Days gets the axe itself.
Mickey is gone as well. It was stated that it was his health that he either quit or put his life in serious jeopardy to continue Days. He knew that he couldn't because Days was going to need the only lawyer in town to defend the killer and also to sue whoever needed it. The replacement starts Monday. Mickey and Grandma Horton are the last of the original characters that started with Days back in 1965. Once Mickey is gone, Grandma is the only one left. She has asked out of her contract, which is life long, but she states she is tired and wants to enjoy the remaining years of her life with her family. I feel Days will do what it can to accomadate her. She has also stated that she would love it if the Killer got her too. It won't happen because you'd see a serious backlash of Days viewers if it did.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Friend of the Family

FamilyCorner Newbie

Yes I knew Mickey was leaving. It sure will be weird to see
someone else playing his character. I have watched the show since it came on (off & on thru the years) and it is sad to see so many of the characters leaving.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

Sleeping Beauty Theory

OK, I have searched and searched the internet to figure out why Marlena is doing what she is doing. According to Corday it will be something that has never been done before. The one thing I missed and I guess a lot of people have missed and some have seen is this. What happened when she held the pillow that Stephano gave her? She pricked her finger. Putting her into a hypnotic trance. But this won't bring back the last 8 people knocked off. She won't kill off her daughter because her daughter hasn't figured her out yet. But yet Hope will and Doug has seen this killer.
New confirmations are as follows. Corday said he would put Doug and Julie on recurring status and not kill them off. He renigged his offer and will kill off Doug. Putting Julie on recurring status.
Hope will also figure out the killer and she will become the next victim. Shawn will be put in the line of fire and John will figure it out quickly to save the children. I really don't see Marlena's 6 digit figure being renewed in August. Corday says he would be thrilled to have her renew but if they do? Then it goes without saying. They'll play it out from her on death row. If not? Then I say its time to boycott Days.
Also, I really did not like the way Victor went out. They could have done it better. He had a bad heart. Why this way? So they could blame Nicole for all the killings and make it look like Victor is one of the victims. I loved Victor and am finding Days less and less desirable to me to watch. I now watch from the computer and only get up when it is interesting. Sad to say, they should of cancelled days last September when they had the chance. Seeing all these great characters being killed off isn't what I like seeing in a great soap like this. I'll watch on my days off and when I have time. But I for one am going to become an ex days watcher. I hope they kill off Marlena and if not? Then I'll sue to have Corday removed because he is advocating violence on television and glorifying that killers will get off. Even if it is only a soap.
I had to vent. Off soap box.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

Soap Net

I am watching all 5 days right now of DOOL. Through cable on Soap Net. I was also told Monday thru Friday, EST time at 7. I am liking this. What a way to get caught up.
So, what is everyone's take on Alice being the last and final victim? I am not surprised. She has been wanting out of her contract for a while. Especially since they have been killing off everyone. Enjoy the coming week. I heard its going to be another killer.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

The Killer Revealed

The killer is non other then Hattie. Ken Corday wanted us to believe it was Marlena all along but it wasn't. Celeste feels Marlena's hand and says she is innocent. On April 9, John realizes who the killer really is and reveals her as non other then Hattie Adams. Also, Stephano is alive has orchestrated the whole thing. I am also hearing Marlena does die and becomes Hattie. Interesting twist of events folks. I can't wait until then.