Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.80 average.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Handedness

Which are you? Right handed or left handed?

It is said that peple who are right handed think with the left side of their brains and viceversa.................

I am ambidexterous which probably explains why I am out of my mind most of the time!!!

LOLOL!!!!!

hugs,train
Old 04-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Until I was in 2nd grade I was able to write and do everything with both hands.

Then I met up with the teacher from H**L! She swatted my left hand every time she saw me writing or eating with it claiming that I was right handed and should be using my right hand.

My parents let her get away with it because she, the school counselor and the principal convinced my parents that it was in my best interest.

After that, I never tried to use my left hand for anything that my right hand could do since I did not know how future teachers would react!
Old 04-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member

I am totally riight handed. I cannot write at all with my left hand.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 04-02-2005, 03:26 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am right handed, though if I have to I can write with my left hand. Which I had to do when I was in fifth grade and broke my wrist.

Abear, the same thing happened to my Mom, but, at that time it was unacceptable to write with your left hand.

And, I could always tell when my Mom changed one of my kids diapers(cloth diapers). As the pins would be funny.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:57 AM
mundaremom

beftie at times

I write with my left hand, but can play baseball with either, I golf and play hockey with right handed equipment. Go figure. I use to be able to write on the chalk board with my right hand but haven't tried it for a long time. My dad had an aunt from the old school and wanted him to make me use my right hand. But he didn't.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:32 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Left handed, but I use right hand to cut as there were never left ones available!
Old 04-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I am right handed but was left handed and they kept making me use my right hand and that is why I think my handwriting is so crappy. My children are all right handed but had one of them been left I would not have bothered them. Steven my g-son here can do anything with either hand and his mom (my dau) and I leave him alone. For sure if he ever breaks one arm or the other he will still be able to do what he needs to do.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I am right handed but my youngest son used both hands equally to write, eat, draw, catch a ball or whatever he was doing. We left it up to him cause I though it was pretty cool that he could use both hands equally. When he hit 5th grade he started using his left hand a lot more and now uses his left hand 90% of the time.
mouse
Old 04-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am righthanded, although I started out with my left hand. My mom did not want me to be lefthanded, so she made me righthanded. I can still do things with my left hand and writing is not hard, per se, just have to concentrate a little more. My oldest son is lefthanded and I let him be. My youngest is righthanded, although he will use his left sometimes.
MidnightAngel
Old 04-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Like several of you, I was originally left-handed, but it was looked down upon when I was little, so my mom trained me to use my right hand (though she didn't swat me). I didn't know this but all through school, I always thought I was a little strange. I mean, I had a really good logic sense (math is my strong subject), but I had an incredibly imaginative mind too. Years later, my mom told me that I was really left handed and it all made sense after that.

My sister is 3 years younger and by the time it was time for her to write, the trend was to not force kids to write in a certain hand. So she remained left handed and very much the creative side, no logic sense whatsoever.

I've got a 4 year old son who seems to be more left-handed but he also uses his right hand a lot of times. My daughter is 2 and she seems to use her right hand more. I'm just going to let them be.