Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 04-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I don't really know of some of the bands specific names.

I do not like rap at all and prefer not to listen to heavy metal either.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 04-09-2005, 06:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

You know who else I don't like? Bruce Springsteen! I'm probably the only one who doesn't. I just can't take that extremely raspy voice.

Oh, and I do have a cell phone. This is one thing I really do consider a necessity because I am "out and about" a lot, so when my boys are in school, I want to be reachable in case of an emergency. I also worry about the car breaking down in the middle of nowhere. AND, I do travel out-of-state a few times a year.

~Melanie
Old 04-09-2005, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Lol I don't drive so no break down fears for me. And my children are all out of school and the grands are their responsibility. BUT I do share the house with one of those kids of mine and she would call me for no reason/any reason that cropped up in her mind. When are you going to come home etc. When I get out I want to be "free" hope that makes sense and does not upset anyone.

I don't like Heavy Metal music either only soft rock and I do LOVE most country music. Now can not handle too much Blue Grass at a time lol. Happy listening to all
Old 04-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I do like Country too...but not "Twangy" if you know what I mean.
I Love Shania Twain....And I like Alan Jackson, LoneStar(Saw them in a small concert!), Kenny Chesney, and few others thats in my grey matter right now!

I dont really need a cell phone either, kind of....It would be nice when I am on the road alone...but that isnt very often at all,and hopefully that is just during the day time.
My kids are also grown and my hubby is retired and at home 24/7(dont know if that is good or bad yet! LOl!)
Of course my girls have cell phones and they are the ones that did make me realize that I do like Country music....they didnt grow up with it at all. I wouldnt have a computer if it wasnt for them...I fought it for a long time til I got my oldest daughters hand-me-down to play with and of course finally broke down and bought me a new one!
Well that subject probably belongs in one of Donna's other forums! Ha Ha! So Ill try and stick to the one at hand!

She really does make you think though doesnt she!
Ill have to go to car and bring in my CD's so Ill know who I am talking about as far as who I like and who I dont!

I am going to say that I broke down and bought Ashlee Simpson's CD, just cuz it was a very good price on here somewhere,....and surprizing! Its actually very good! You can understand the words and the music isnt bad to listen to!

I think I saw another forum where you can say who you LIKE in music! I didnt go into it but I bet that is Donna's too!
Luv ya Donna!

I am finding out that I like some bands that I didnt think I would like just cuz of their names...but listening to them on Regis & Kelly, The View, or Ellen.....They are bad once you give them the chance! Like the "BareNaked Ladies"? They are 1/2 bad at all! Why they have to have so stupid of names is beyond me...you would think they would have more first time listeners if they had a decent name! If my kids came home and said they wanted to buy that album just by telling me the name...I would have said...NO Way!! Funny! Now they tell me who I should buy and not buy!

Have a great rest of day!
bowlergrl2000

PS...If it wasnt for Donna's forums...I wouldnt have met so many great ladies with so much in common! Like Donna for example....she is from where I live now!!
Thanks!!
Old 04-09-2005, 03:59 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Tiny Tim. ugh! I know I am showing my age but even now when i hear him sing tip toe through the tulips it makes me feel like someone scraping fingernails on a chalkboard.
but other than that i love most kinds of music.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I can not stomach Tiny Tim either ugh and then some. My sis in law lives in Olympia and so did Pop till we lost him last month. Also don't like Willie Nelson even if he is country lol
Old 04-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I really dont care much for country music except for a few greats like Willie Nelson, Johhny Cash, Merl haggerd, I also can't stand Celine Dion's vocals, tho I admire her as a caring person & what she does for others. I don't like death metal, & stuff you can't understand the words to, when you know they are trying to speak english. so most rap is in my not with my ears list, I have tried to listen & most of it sounds like the "so called artist" is trying to recruit the kids to sell drugs & get shot at because its a great way of life, crazy stuff.

I am also NOT a fan of Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen, I have to change the chanel when I hear them as I feel like I'll get physically ill. I have walked in then right back out of restaurants that are playing twangy country music or folk music. does anyone else do this or am I nuts-o?

Old 04-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Below are a list of groups I don't like. I mean I would listen to them but not buy the CD or see them in concert.

The Who
Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
Old 04-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I can't stand Reba Macentire, (sp). And I can't stand Naomi and Wynona Judd.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I like Reba and also the Judd's. I also like Johnny Mathis BUT can not stand to watch him sing weird I know lol