Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 03-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

HELP-What do I do?

This kind of goes with the working forum; I currently work for the local county gov, in all environmental issues, per dr. it's killing me I took an $8.00 hr cut in pay for this position because of benifits, dh company does not offer any so I am responsible for the entire family...Recently ddil recieved a promotion where she works, & her GM asked if she knew anyone who could take over a financial analysis position & of course she said me, that I had been an office mgr for almost 30 years, admin assist, acct...etc.; it was to be a part time job, making almost double what I make here. Since I only work 4 days a week M-Th 6 - 4:30 Fri & Sat are open, keep in mind we have 3 in college. After the interview, I was set up to come in for training the following Fri, after the training, he pulled me aside & asked how much would it take to keep me full time Needless to say the salary is almost triple what I make & yes they have benefits too/ 90/10; I have to give him my answer I think by this Fri. The one thing that has bothered me is the inconsistancies. I was told to be there this past Fri & on Thur nite ddil said that GM needed to talk to me, I called the office left message w/the girl who is training me/she's leaving never recieved a call back. Went in at 7:40am Fri to find out that she wasn't working that day, & was told that she should have told me the nite before. I was to run the office alone on Sat but received no call to confirm so I didn't go-it's a 45min drive one way. This is a very reputable company....I was told to come in this Fri and frankly I don't know what to do. HELP
Old 03-31-2005, 08:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am sorry that no one posted a reply....even mine may be reaching you after the fact.

Honestly, I think this is a decision you must make...perhaps with the help and support of your DH.

I think you have to evaluate all that you will gain by taking the new position....and anything that you might possibly lose.

Trust your gut feeling.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks Abear, for a while I thought no one even cared. It's a tough decision at 45 to leave one job for another. I drew up a proposal that I will present to him tomorrow & we can discuss on Sat. If he can't meet my pay agreement, then there will be no decision necessary. Thanks again
Old 04-01-2005, 05:46 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Sorry, I just found your post. I believe that if the company is reputable, then you need to talk to them face to face to find out what happened. Maybe she did not get your message. Since she is leaving she may not care very much either. Talk to your DIL also since this was her old job. If you can make more money, good(or better) benefits, then weigh the pros & cons to see which job is better. Like the 45 min drive(gas prices). I understand about the kids in college I have 1 & it is not cheap.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi ! I hope you get this message before you leave.

Good Luck and know that you have been in my prayers to make the decision that is right for you & your family.

Please keep us up-to-date!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 05:23 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Well I worked there Fri & Sat 8 & 9.5 hr each day. I gave him my proposal w/conditions of no wait period for health, 401, ie all bennies, he said he really didn't see a problem w/it. Apologized for ALL my inconviences, aplologized to ddil for berating her for relaying messages that he had not recieved from the other op mgrs. We had a long discussion Sat, we also discussed the fact that I wanted to be cross trained so that should someone be out sick or vacation no crisis will occur & he then requested that I be his personal assistant as well. He left yesterday for a conference & will present this to his boss (our District Mgr) for final approval through the corp office. I will know for sure on Fri. (4/8/05) Keep fingers crossed. We are talking a difference of 16K to no less than 41K a year to start. Sheila
Old 04-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Great news I would cross my toes too if I could for you!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Im just finding this as well. Sounds like everything is working out for you! I wish you continued success.
Sounds like you might have a job that a lot of us would like to have.

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!