Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 03-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Red Hat Clubs

Do any of you have these "Red Hat Clubs" where you live? Do you know anyone who is in the club?
They are a social club for women over 50 and they wear purple outfits and outrageous red hats, hence, their name!!

I have seen our local group here and there at restaurants and other events and they are always having such a hoot!!!!

Now, as for me, I am not old enough to be in their club but I thought maybe Kellydid and Raggd3 could enlighten us!!! teeheehee!!!

hugs, train
Old 03-24-2005, 02:12 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

We just started one in our little city a couple of months ago. If you are under the age of fifty you wear lavendar clothes and a pink hat. We get together once a month and have lunch and a meeting. The group did a little craft for Easter and we took it to a couple of nursing homes. The smiles on their faces was something to remember. We are talking of taking local trips, having a slumber party, etc. We have a lot of fun you should give it a try. Diane
Old 03-24-2005, 03:12 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I didn't know about the lavendar clothes and pink hats, but that sounds cool! I've seen the red hat ladies a lot, and they do always look like they're having fun! Thanks for sharing about the pink hats!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

We are still learnig about the Red Hats. As of yet we have not join the society, we still have new women joining every month. We don't want a big group, we just want to keep it simple. Some of the groups have taken trips to Europe, whoa too high for me, lol.
The ladies that are under the age of fifty are called "Ladies In Waiting". It's something to look forward too once a month; go out have lunch and fellowship. Glad I could help. Diane
Old 03-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I have contacted a couple of local groups BUT to date no one has responded to me. I would not want to be in a big group either. Never been a hat person but once in awhile would not hurt me lol
Old 03-24-2005, 04:29 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Now Trainlady, otherwise known as Mom, I think we need to talk!! Alot!!!

Let me first thank the little birdie who told me about this post! Thank you very much, I'll take it from here!

I, first and foremost, do not wear purple! Secondly and most importantly, will not in no way, shape or form, wear a hat!!! I don't care what color it is!!!

Thirdly, yes I may be a touch over that year of 50 but, ya see, in my head and heart, I am only about 28 ! So, I listen to my head and heart......therefore, I do not qualify for the group!

Now, my big sister, however, does! She's alot older than me! So, she's the one we need to turn to for info on this! She's such a classy, intelligent, graceful, friendly, wouldn't do anything in retaliation! person....I know she would help you out!

Love to all,
Nancy
Old 03-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Nine Year Member

Since turned 50 last year I've wanted to join one of the 'Society' groups. I emailed a couple of the local groups and finally got an answer after 3 months from one of them-but their monthly meetings are when I'm working. I may just have to start my own group and be 'Queen Mother'.

Now I love purple-in any shade and red too!! I like hats, but they don't like me.... the only hat I can wear that really fits is a ballcap.
Either my ears are too low or my hair is to thin to hold up a nice hat.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have also seen the Red Hat Society in our newspapers, and yes, it seems like they're having such a good time. Just today, we went to the mall, and I saw some cute jewelry for the ladies in the red hats and purple outfits. I don't know too much on everything they do, but they meet once a month, is all I know about it.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I just wonder WHO that little bird was!!!!!!

Now, Nancy, I think you would look real perky in purple and so cute in a big red hat!!!!
And raggd would be adorable, too , you cute little ladies!!!!!!!!

hugs, mom!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Nine Year Member

Red Hat Society

I have alot of friends that do belong to this group. They do raise funds for charitable groups. Everyone has a good time and makes new friends.
Click on this site to see what they do.
_________
Sueanne
http://www.redhatsociety.com/
Attached Images