Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 01-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The Apprentice: Magna vs. Net Worth

Anyone else watching? It has become almost a ritual in our house for DS # 2 & I to watch this together every week. (I let him stay up past his bedtime on Thursday night to watch it) Sometimes others join us and sometimes not (like tonight).

So, any thoughts?

I think Magna think they are way more superior than Net Worth. I am hoping they get knocked down a notch tonight.

Is Danny for real with that leisure suit? PLEASE don't tell me they are becoming fashionable again!!! And him feeling the need for a team SONG???!!!

Okay, commercials are over - gotta get back to the television!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 04:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Magna lost !!!!! YES!

Let me just say that I have nothing against anyone that attended college as I did too. But they just grated on my nerves last night! Hopefully, this humbled them and now they'll get better.

BTW - could you believe the nerve of that guy on Net Worth who actually asked Donald if that story he'd heard was true or not? I'd heard that story too but I had always just assumed it was an urban legend.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Cindy,

I watched last night too. I think it will be a good season. I too was thrilled when the net worth team won. They just seemed to have things together. The other team , magna were so full of themselves and I am like you what is up with that Danny???? Weird if you ask me.

Looking forward to next weeks episode,

Hugs
debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-16-2005, 09:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Last Thurs Show

What were they thinking last Thursday with the commercial for the soap, both teams were bad but the magna team with the cucumber and the gay guy thing was such poor taste, they should have been embarrassed to even show it.I was glad Kristen got Fired because I did not like her anyhow, she was so snotty to the other girls.
Hugs Sandie
Old 02-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I agree Sandie I thought it was terrible...no humour to it at all. I was also glad she got fired....I did not want to have to listen to her the rest of the show!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My DS and I are really enjoying the show. We sit there and try to figure out who will win and who will get fired.

I think it's a good lesson for him; we talk about attitudes, and the way people treat each other, and who works hard....all of that.

Part of the problem with stacking up people just out of school against people who are in the working world is that you are pitting experience versus book knowledge. There is no balance in either case. But I think experience will ultimately win out.

How bad is that for a teacher to say?!! I just think that people with only an education--no broader experience--will be handicapped by that. I worry about college students I know, whose parents are totally paying their way. They don't even have "summer jobs." So they get no taste of things outside their own little world. I don't think that's a good thing or that they are being done any favors.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well Magna lost again, but it was pretty close,I really thought the one that said she could get a casting director right away was gonna fall flat on her face though, and asking them to pay was a turn off too! I agree Barbszy as far as college students who have everything handed to them vs the ones who are working,my dd worked her way thru nursing school,with 2 kids,and Im so proud of her, and she also was at the top of her class,and now has a great job. On the other hand I have a niece who had EVERYTHING paid for plus living expenses and "extra" money,and
once she got out of school,she was totally overwhelmed,trying to find a job on her own with no help,(and maybe she is an extreme)
but she ended up getting married and pregnant because I honestly think she just didnt know how to cope,so now here she is with a (beautiful baby I have to say) and a college degree shes not using and a rocky marriage to boot!

Hugs Sandie
Old 05-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I missed the final show where Donald made his decision between Tana and Kendra.

I was pretty sure it would be Kendra but you never know. Of course it was on the news the following day. I think she will fit in well with the Trump organization.

I was disappoined in Tana...i had liked her through most of the show but she became more of a me person in the end and she did not do very well on her final task in my opinion.

So what did you all think???

Should it have been these two or were you rooting for someone else???

Hugs Debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I was all for Kendra.
I thought Tana had a lot of good qualities but she did get annoying toward the end; she was much less helpful and more for herself, and I think Kendra as a younger person would be a better fit for the job--she could be "groomed" for the role she was to play. Tana had more experience but she wanted to do everything a certain way. I think she & Trump would have clashed with that mindset.
Deb, I think I have a tape of it if you can view American VHS....want me to check?
Old 05-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Barb

thanks for the offer but that is okay, I saw a few highlites on some of the talk shows the following week. I was just glad to hear it was her and I agree with your saying she can be groomed. I too think Tana and donald trump would have clashed heads.

So will there be a new season of this show too???

Hugs Debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson