Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 12-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The largest family?

I am wondering which member on Family Corner comes from the largest family?
I know it is not me. I have only 2 siblings. Do you think it might be you? Do you have, say, more than 6 siblings?

I went to school with a family who had 13 children!!!!!! I suppose they ate dinner in shifts or something, I don't know!!!

hugs,train
Old 01-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

5 sisters & 2 brothers (most married with kids). There were 35 of us at mom's house for Christmas. Plus, my son brought a friend who has no family - wanted him to experience a family Christmas. . The guy was so overwhelmed he had to go take a nap!
Old 01-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I had 5 brothers and 1 sister, so t here were 7 of us. Only have 3 of my brothers still living, and me (so far).

katsgram
Old 01-23-2005, 05:44 PM
kellyandkids

My parents

I have only 3 kids. In our town everyone has 3 or wants 3 and some have 7 or 8.

But my mom had 10 and dad had 9 so I have 27 cousins on each side. That just blows my mind. Or course I might have lost track of a few. Actually my brother, my only sibling, was the last and I know that on Dad's side all 27 were born in a 25 year period Dec 9th, 1941 to Dec 9th, 1966. Only 2 were adopted.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My DH has 5 sisters and 2 brothers. Both parents are still living. 40 Grandchildren and 37 Great-Grandchildren with 2 more expected this year(so far).
My side much smaller. I have 2 Brothers and 2 Sisters. 18 Grandchildren and 7 Greats.
DH and I have 2 Boys and 2 Girls ourselves.
Most of family(both sides) live in the area so we are very busy doing family things.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I think that so far I have everyone beat? I have 5 brothers and 5 sisters. The oldest is a half sister, who I felt was always just a sister like my others who was my dad's daughter, but not my mom's, even though mom treated her and her children like they were hers. I have one brother that was accidently shot and killed by one of his good friends when he was 14. This was before I was born.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:27 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

All i have is one brother. I am glad I wasn't born into a huge family but I would have liked one other sibling.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Large Family

My ex-father-in-law is one of 13 kids. My ex-mother-in-law is one of 25 kids....all single births but half of them died before the age of 5. She is from Brazil where they do not know what birth control is and because of poor living conditions that is why many of the children died at an early age.
E-Ma to 3

Look to the future, because that is where you'll spend the rest of your life. ~ George Burns ~
Old 01-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Looks like momofjems wins!!!!
Wow, what was that like having that many siblings growing up??

hugs,train
Old 02-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I wish I could say it was wonderful growing up in a large family, but I don't really remember that at any one particular time were we all together. I will say I was a spoiled rotten child and hated sharing my mom with her grandchildren, especially the ones near my age. Some of the older siblings would leave their kids with us for a bit during the summer, and it was fun to have someone my age to play with for a couple of days, but beyond that, they were invading my territory and my summertime with my mom.
It really didn't hit me how big of a family I came from until my Mom's funeral, when several of us had to sit in the side pews with our families. I have a sister that has 7 children, and I don't know how she does it, they are all there every Sunday for supper. That is all her children and their children, one of the girls has 5 children. They all live in the practically the same town or at the most 1/2 hour away. My family was all over the country when I grew up. My oldest sister moved to the same town I live in about 15 years ago, and it has been a wonderful experience getting to know her. She took care of my Mom the last 2 years of her life, pretty much not being able to go anywhere, because Mom didn't want her to go. My oldest dd would help take care of her, and would sit with her so my sister could get out once or twice a week. I went over almost everyday, and I don't think I missed a day the last few months.
My Mom had this wonderful talent of making us feel like we were special, that we were her favorite, so I guess that is how I felt like it wasn't a big family. My Dad was a hard worker and even though we didn't have a lot growing up, we knew that Dad would provide for us and we never went without those things we needed. I never felt like we were poor, except for one brief time, when my friend moved into a brand new home and they had paneled walls and ours were not. I thought only the rich people had panel. Now I have panel, and it is because it is a prefab home. I hate panel! Give me white solid walls! Easier to decorate with...lol.
OK, so far I win the biggest family award, so what's my prize????
Oh all the love from everyone of my family members. Thats a wonderful prize. I haven't always appreciated all of them, but like I told one of my sister's kids once, your friends come and go, but your family is forever. Love them, someday they will become very important to you. This is the sister with 7 kids and they are all there for each other.