Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 12-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Places you couldn't pay me to live

Dubliner's have reason to be cheerful!!
Ireland is the "best place in the world to live" according to the "quality of life" assesment by Economist magazine.
The countries combination of increasing wealth and traditional values gives it the conditions most likely to make people happy, the survey found.

Ireland was followed by Switzerland, Norway and Luxembourg.

Where is a place you could not be paid to live??!!

For me I immediately think of the middle east. You couldn't pay me to live there.
Antartica and Taft, California also come to mind!!

hugs,train
Old 01-13-2005, 12:16 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

You couldn't pay me to live anywhere not near the water.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I agree I couldnt be paid to live in the middle eat either..
Or
places that theres so much suffering like Ethiopia (sp)
Or
all the time COLD places..No way
Or
All the time HOT places..
I like the season change!

Or
any place that has constint floods, tornados, hurricanes,volcanos, earthquakes and that such things!
I like the season change!

Yeah I dont think I could LIVE--visit yes but LIVE NO
in Cali

I guess Im stuck in OHIO!..lol
Old 01-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

You couldn't pay me to live in outer space or under the ocean. Fun places to read about, imagine and maybe visit, but to live there? Nah, I need the sun and warmth.

Donna, that's so interesting about Ireland being picked as "The Best Place to Live." Ireland has sure come a long way to earn this distinction, especially with all the violence due to political and religious unrest that has plagued that country for years. Glad to see that people can put aside or live with their differences, go back to their grass root traditions and make a better world for their children to live in!

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 01-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

where to live

Not to bust any bubbles but you would not want to live in San Diego Ca..houses are now priced at 500's so were looking outside the BOX the thing holding us here now is my d is in special ed and has one more yr at her school and (SHE IS DOING SOOOO GOOD AND LOVES HER TEACHER) any states to consider..my h wants TEXAS but I not sold on the idea
Old 01-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I would hate to live where there wasn't a change in seasons. I actually like living in the chicago area - even in the winter.

amanda in chicago

BD Club
Old 01-28-2005, 09:31 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I must agree bethnic, as a kid my sister was the one who always wanted to live next to the beach. I didn't care, I was even afraid of seaweed. Then I moved away for college at a beach town and learned to surf. Now I can't imagine not being by the ocean.

tig05
healthy traveling
Old 02-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Re: where to live

Quote:
Originally posted by secamom
Not to bust any bubbles but you would not want to live in San Diego Ca..houses are now priced at 500's so were looking outside the BOX the thing holding us here now is my d is in special ed and has one more yr at her school and (SHE IS DOING SOOOO GOOD AND LOVES HER TEACHER) any states to consider..my h wants TEXAS but I not sold on the idea
Aw secamom! Texas is great! The good thing about TX is you decide what climate you like. The state is so big all you have to do is drive a few hours and it is a different climate! lol. Or a joke around here is if you don't like the weather wait a few days and it will change! We have seasons but they are normally in a weeks span! In the past few weeks we have gone from 70 to 30 in one day and sunny to snow at the same time. It is crazy but we love it here. I wouldn't suggest Houston though (no offense, Houstonites) It is very muggy there and makes my hair a mess! lol

If you like the water, move to the coast. If you like the dryland move west. If you like prety country move east. If you like it all move to Dallas. (COURSE YOU HAVE TO LIKE TRAFFIC) but being from Cali you should be used to that.

TX Chef Fran
Old 02-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Albany, NY - sorry everyone! Just don't think I could handle the weather.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The one place I wouldn't live is in Baltimore/D.C. area. Actually we did live there and the crime was absolutely horrendous. I would love to live in England. I just love that place. When we were travelling near Belfast, we were advised not to be there at nightfall. I think Dublin is okay, though, isn't it?