Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 10-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

What kind of car did you learn to drive in??

Do you all remember when you first learned to drive, and you thought it was just the GREATEST?I was talking about this with someone the other day. What kind of a car did you learn to drive in.? I learned in my dad's 1965 Mustang convertible(his baby)and one night when my parents were out my girlfriends and I decided to take it out, and we ran out of gas!I never told my parents the story until I was married!!LOL

Sandie
Everybody needs a little tender luvin Bear!!
Old 10-15-2004, 06:32 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

lord

My ex boyfriends white truck , what a loser, lol
Old 10-15-2004, 06:35 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

hey

Jeff got the tape Sandie lol your package is going out today lol and so is my SS lol, Just when you think men dont think lol they pull a fast one and surprise us lol
Old 10-15-2004, 06:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hey there,

Hi renee and Sandie!!!

I learned to drive in Jeep cherokee but it was the old big , huge ugly cherokees in the 80's. Just about took out a telephone pole the first time I tried to tun a corner!!!LOL It was awful orange and brown in color. Thanks for the memories!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-16-2004, 04:28 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Deb..we had a big jeep in the 50's..called it the jitney bus..

BUT ..are you sitting down younguns...I learned to drive on my Dad's 1938 Dodge...with "4 on the floor"..lst, 2nd, 3rd and reverse.....

my first car (in l947) was a 1942 Plymouth..still have a picture of it......

Old 10-16-2004, 07:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh Margaret do you have a way to post the picture. I would love to see it. I learned to drive in a 1964 Ford Falcon. Loved that car.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I learned to drive a stick shift on the back roads....hills and all..lol In an old pickup my dad made me drive....ouch...

Sam
Old 10-16-2004, 12:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, let's see how my story competes for the worst. I was born in 1965 & I learned to drive in a 1965 VW van. I had to put a San Antonio phone book (or 2, I can't remember for sure.) behind me in order to fully depress the clutch. Actually I did practice in a vw bug, but the van is what I drove. Also 2 blocks from our house was a stop sign at the top of a hill. You learn quickly when you have that kind of obsticle.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I first started leaning to drive in the 4th grade, and my grandmother was going to teach me... I had trouble learning the clutch... and she knew she was going to get a different car and it was going to be a automatic.....

then when she did I would sit back behind the wheel thinking I was SO BIG...

my very first car was a 64 Nova that my dear step dad gave me.. in the 71 or 72. OH I love that car... My son loves the old Nova's now....
Old 10-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I got my learners permit when I got married in 1968-my husband taught me to drive his 1967 Cutlass Supreme Olds. Then when I was 21 in 1971, I got my real license and he traded the Cutlass for a 1970 VW bus-I had to start all over learning to drive a stick shift. I think everyone should know how to do a stickshift. It makes driving fun.