Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Leisure Time > Idle Chit Chat!

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Your First Teacher

Do you remember your first teacher? If not, who is the first one that you do remember? Did you like him/her?

Who was your favorite school teacher and why?

hugs,train
Old 10-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The first teacher that I can remember her name is the second teacher I had for 2nd Grade (we moved in the middle of the year). Her name was Mrs. Cox. She was downright mean! I did NOT like her!

In elementary school, my favorite teacher was my 3rd grade teacher, Miss Gay. She later became Mrs. Johnson but that was a couple years after I had her. I was in her very first class she taught after getting out of college! She was such a great teacher with a big heart!

In junior high my favorite teacher - also my all time favorite teacher - was Mr. Cuellar. He taught history. He was so much fun! He took us on field trips to all kind of historical places. He expected us to learn but he made that learning fun! He never slacked on the test giving! He had the BEST wife who went on field trips with us when we didn't get enough parents to go. I even started babysitting for he & his wife about two Saturday nights a month when they had "date" night. He made such an impact on my life in so many ways.....in his marriage, I saw the kind of marriage I wanted to have...he made all of his students believe they could do anything they wanted no matter how daunting it may have seemed. He is the one teacher I wish I could track down and say "Thank You" to!!

I hate to say this but in high school, my favorite teacher was my Spanish teacher.......because she was so naive and.......well she appeared to be "dumb/dingy". She was so easy for the class to play practical jokes on...and I hate to admit that some of the pranks we pulled were kinda mean. No, we never did anything that physically hurt her. And as kind hearted as she was, she never told the principal on us or ever gave anyone detention! She is the one I would like to find and apologize to!
Old 10-16-2004, 05:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My first grade teacher was Mrs. MCloud, I remember thinking she was beautiful and so kind. So of course I wanted to be a teacher. She was also my oldest daughters 1st grade teacher.

My fave teacher was Mrs. Garrett, she was my 4th grade teacher but she always talked and joked with us after we were in another grade. I remember she always said the "Learning was as easy as falling off a log backwards"

Our local paper did an interview with her recently. She is 90 and was a teacher for 63 yrs. It was nice reading about her memories of all those years.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:23 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I remember most of the teachers I had in school. In kindergarten my teacher's name was Mrs. Stacey. She was nice and I remember liking the pretty dresses she wore every day. I remember a lot about the classroom and that we had to partner up for reading and share our reading books. (Dick Jane & Sally, Tip and Mittens etc.) I can remember the playground we had for recess too. We had swingsets, junglegyms, and a baseball field. We spent a lot of time jump roping and running around. Most of the teachers I had growing up were wonderful. I actually had some of the same teachers my dad had when he was in school!!! Guesss that is part of growing up in a small town.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

This thread is right "down my alley". I loved and admired my 1st/2nd Grade teacher that was in Blessed Sacrament Academy in Birmingham, Al she was Sr Mary Consolata later changed back to her given name which was Mary Agnes. I kept up with her all thro' the years from where ever I lived and thro' her moves from this convent to that convent. I lost her 3 yrs ago she was in Lafayette, LA at that time in a Nun's Nursing home. I have a pix of her taped her on my monitor and look at it all the time and thank her for all the love and guidance she gave me over the years. She and my beloved Mom were just a month apart in age. Both are gone now.

In high school (we never had middle school in those days just grammer and high) had several teachers I liked and Admired but Mr John P Baldeagle was my all time fave. He was a former Indian Chief Souix. Also falling a close second was John Pinkowski whom we called Pinky but not where he could hear us. LOL and at my last class reunion he was there and I told him of that and he laughed and said he knew it all along but since it was not a BAD name he never let us know. He was a great teacher too.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My first grade teacher Mrs. Wilson. Oh how I loved her. She was so wonderful. She was very tall or so it seemed. Made even taller be her beehive hair do. And never owned a pair of pants in her life. She made me feel so good why we were going through really hard times after we lost my Daddy. Maybe that is why I remember her so well.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

my kindergarten teacher; only remember his first name...John...

He politely dragged me away from my parents as I was screaming at them for leaving me; calling them abusers...lmao ...I was scared to death...
he calmly took me inside and was very patient...after that I had my first crush; and couldnt' wait to go paint and draw and be with my teacher...
hahaha....
Old 10-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

What a great question! It was very nice to read all those memories!
My first and my favourite teacher was Mrs. Galina Alexandrovna - for three first grades of elementary school. She made me feel special, she would always encourage me, and she was fair. She was a bit on a strict side - but just enough to keep discipline for out class of 40 students or so.
A few times I sent her greeting cards for Teacher's Day, and she even came to visit me once or twice when I was maybe 25 or so.
She had a very high award in Russia for teaching, and she was just classical First Teacher!
Old 10-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

I remember my Kindergarten Teacher Miss Lowery. She was great!But my very favorite teacher was in High School he also was the Freshman Softball coach Mr. Kopko he taught wood shop I did not take that till my Junior year but he always let me come down to his room when ever I need to talk. He was a great teacher and he is still teaching. It amazing how they touch are life.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My first grade teacher was Mrs. Lenihan. She used to give out red tongues for talking in class! We would have to have our parents sign the tongues and return them to the teacher the next day. I got them a lot!

Years later, when I met my husband, he brought me to meet his best friend and her mom. Boy was I shocked to come face to face with Mrs. Lenihan! I still see her around all the holidays because her daughter is my sons' godmother.

Missing my Mom...1/15/07 ~ 1/15/16
Nine years without my best friend

**.ƸӜƷ**