Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 10-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

"Lost" anyone?

Has anyone been following this new show? I really like the idea of being stranded on a beautiful island but of course, it would have to be with the right people and there wouldn't be any mysterious animals knocking down trees making me think I'm going to be its' next meal.

At first, I thought of Blue Lagoon, then I thought of the children's show about a modern family lost among prehistoric dynosaurs and then I thought a bermuda triangle theme???????

What do you all think?

My FC Member Awards!
<hr height=3 color=green width=95%>

Curious?
Old 10-09-2004, 04:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm just not sure. I love how they are going back and showing their stories. I thought at the beginning it had something to do with the dog but we found that out. This week will be good it looks like they find out abut the prisoner.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Assistant Moderator

Yes, I'm hooked on this show... I'm thinking they are somehow caught in the Bermuda triangle

I also love the way they go back to each character and the plane,

I like to know what the girl that was the prisoner done...

I was so glad I was home when this past week came home, I was teasing with John and told him I loved him, but if for some reason that the Tv was broken at the hosp. I was coming home to watch this show.. So Yep I'm hooked...

I keep thinking about the girl that is pg, soon there be a little baby on the island with them....

They need to be thinking of making shelter.
Why didn't they take that bear and skin it, and take the meat where they would have food for some time?

and then the radio that been playing for 16 yrs.... goodness gracious now is that woman on the island, was she capture, what the thing there?

they can take this movie on for a very long time and make it go into so many directions.... But I just love this show... and so does John...
Old 10-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I just saw the preview for the next episode this Wednesday. Oh boy, now we get to see a little more of the older gentleman with the scarred face who found the dog. It looks like he's good with knives?!?!?! He looks a little sinister. And there's going to be another encounter with the "animal" thing. oooooooooooo!

Nothing better happen Wednesday night to make me miss it.

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 10-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Assistant Moderator

I am wondering about this guy too... He has a lost look in his eyes to me... yet he seems to be nice... and that was so nice of him to find the dog for the little boy but made it look like the daddy did by waking him up to let him know about the dog.

that was a nice thing....

thanks for letting me know about the upcoming show..

do you have a way to tape it in case you not home?

now waiting for Wed...
Old 10-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Dh and I just got hooked on this show(we usually dont like the same shows)I missed the 2hr. premiere, than they played it again last week and we both really liked it. The 2nd one with the flashbacks I liked because it seems like now you are starting to get to know the characters.What is that thing prowling around in the woods? I as so afraid it got the dog, and was happy to see him safe!!
Sandie

Everybody needs a little tender luvin bear

I just changed my avatar , now lets see if I did it right.LOL
Old 10-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Assistant Moderator

wasn't ready for it to end. tonight.
Glad they gave the memorial as I think it was the respectable thing to do..

but boy I thought Mr Lock was dead, still wondering what this creature is.

still don't know why they didn't kill the polar bear back when they killed it, they were not thinking...

who is this mystery man, is it in the dr's mind or is he somone else on the island?

that girl that was the prisoner boy she is a little tough woman.

the druggy wonder what going to happen to him when he runs dry.

still so many qustions. stay tune for the next one...

waiting to hear your comments.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:16 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am also hooked on this show. I cant wait till the next week to see what happens. I hope this stays on TV as it is new and exciting. My husband likes the show also, but he was busy watching some other show downstairs and missed the first half. Then I had to put my son to bed and recorded the last half. Saw it this morning. It was real sad to see and hea the names of the people that didnt make it.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I thought Mr. Lock was dead, too. This island holds alot of mysteries but it also has proven very lucky for some of the survivors. Mr. Lock can now walk!! You're in a wheelchair one minute, survive a plane crash on what is now appearing to be a mysterious island, and now you can walk? Maybe the island is somekind of way-station on the way to heaven?

Mr. Lock says that he looked into the soul (?) of the island. Maybe what's knocking down those trees is not a creature but a time wrinkle or a worm hole or something like the "ribbon" in Star Trek:Generations (where Captain Kirk and Captain Picard meet). What do you guys think?

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 10-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Assistant Moderator

at first I was remarking to John that it didn't make sense as Mr.Lock was't it a wheelchair at work, then John informed me that they never shown pass his chest.. then it hit me. Oh that why the other guy, think his name was Randy was telling him to get real or something alontg that line as he cannot do that..

that the reason, he was in a wheelchair...

remember how he felt it was his destined to go on that spiritural walk.... well maybe the reason he felt so strongly about it because he was hoping he could walk again....

if that the case then his destined was NOT to go on that trip but to be where he at... on this island...

that was why when he felt down he was so shocked, his mind was telling him one thing maybe that he couldn't get up to walk, ban then it hit him, this was his destined.... that driven force that gave him that extra wind to get him and keep going.

YES, Cyn. I was thinking something along the same line about the island...

there was a movie that was called (it right on the tip of my tongue but my tongue not working ) ????? and it was a time warp thing when the people was running from something... and it was destroying things in it's path....

so I think you might be on something there about the island and what this thing is...

Who do you think this man is that the dr is seeing? any ideas???

could there be other survivalers from the plane like Rose mention???

I'm most of the time not that BIG on mystery... but this one I'm hooked line and sinker. I can't wait till Wed. night for this to come on.... I could watch this every night...