Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 10-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Wife Swap

Who would they "wife swap" with you!!??

If you have seen the show, I am sure you have thought about it!!

They would probably swap me with a family with a lot of babies.....triplets or something..........and lots of older kids, as well!! The house would be isolated in the country, with no TV, no computer and with no downtown coffeehouse nearby and I would lose my mind by the end of the day!!!

Who would YOU be swapped with?
hugs,train
Old 10-11-2004, 07:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Mmmmm

Probably a urbanite with no kids, that works in a skyscraper, lives in a city loft and works so much she doesn't have time for kids, pets and her hubby is a stranger who shares the loft with her.

I don't live in the country but live in a suburb and live pretty simple.

TX Chef Fran
Old 10-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hmmm
Probably some rich wife with kids who is really snobby and doesn't have many friends...Doesn't spend time with her kids much less her husband.....
Someone you take a look at and think; oh how sufferable she is...
and frowns upon being frugal and recycling and going to kids functions...

Old 10-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Nine Year Member

Probably someone in worse financial shape than we're in right now, with 5 or more kids of various ages. I wouldn't mind being in the country, that's where we are now. But it would probably be in a neighborhood of close houses, no yards and nosy neighbors-which I wouldn't actually mind (the nosy neighbors, I mean).
It would also probably be during the winter and I'd be swapped into a blizzard for sure!!!
Old 10-16-2004, 09:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I don't know who I would be swapped with but if anyone would like to swap with me I would be grateful..... I have 10 kids from ages 16 to 5.... A house that I don't think has ever been spotless and laundry that is never done... Plus a DH and a dog, a cat and 8 birds.... Live in small city and in a neighborhood where you don't trust your neighbors very much.... Sound like fun to anyone?

Old 10-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I would like to be swapped with a real princess.... someone who sits around doing nothing but primping herself, shopping for herself, and is all about herself. The only reason I'd want that is my husband seriously thinks I'm high maintenance which couldn't be further from the truth. Honestly, if I were any more low maintenance, I'd be a man!! I would just love for him to see the other side!

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 10-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

KDavis1387,
First of all, WELCOME to Family Corner!!! We are glad you have found one of the best places to be on the web!!!!
Please go to the "Introduce Yourself" thread....if you havn't already and tell us about yourself!! I am going there next to see if I missed you !!

10 children!!!! YOU would probably be the woman I would be swapped with as I have none!!!! LOL!!!!

Nice to meet you!!!!

hugs,train
Old 10-20-2004, 04:06 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

They would swap us with the AMISH because we're pretty high-tech!
Old 10-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Trainlady!
After reading the Intro to this on the main page...I knew it was you that sent that in! Because of the coffee shop part of it! LOL!

I watch that show with a passion! Love it! The one with Jody the "Millionairess" was good! That really helped turn her around, as far as taking better care of her kids as spending more time with them. Did you see the update after the show a couple of weeks later? They both learned a great lesson for their selfish lives. So at least the show did a good thing.

My luck I would be sent to a town with NO bowling alleys! Talk about going nuts then!

Take care and I am still around! Just busy thats all with bowling season here again.....and my new Grandbaby! He is soooo adorable! Ill send pics soon!

Hugs to all....bowlergrl2000
Old 10-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hey there, Nancy.....(bowlergirl)!! Good to see you!!! You remember me well and my love of coffeeshops!!!

Well, I know the gist of the show............which is how I thought of the question.......... but havn't really watched it regularly!!!

I was just thinking of you yesterday so it was especially nice to see you here today!!

tell us about your new grandson!!!

hugs,Donna