Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 10-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Well!.........Since you asked! He is THE MOST beautiful baby in this whole world of course!! I am just in awe of him! I didnt realize that he would be the focus of my time like he is.
He lives one hour from me in Kent, which I know you know where that is....to me, its traffic city to get there and with me having great fear of freeways its sometimes difficult for me to see him as much as I really could since an hour isnt that far away on the freeway. Luckily hubby is on his umteenth retirement so we go up there alot. I have the pleasure of watching him every Monday and Fridays as she is kind of going to work part time. She wouldnt be working if he had to go to Day Care at this age. She has nothing againest Day Cares as I had one most of her growing up life, but she didnt want him going at this young age yet. So it works out well and I LOVE being with him all day!

Ryan Matthew was born July 18th..7 lbs 6 oz and 21 in long. Her labor was OK as far as labor can be OK! So he just turned 3 months and he is 20 pounds! I told her that she had better get some low-fat milk in those boobies of hers! But he will start to plateau since he is sleeping through the night now and that cuts out 2 feedings.
He is a very happy baby and not fussy at all.all he demands is to be fed and diaper changed. He likes other people as he goes right to them and does his "Ham" smile to reel all those ladies in!
His wife-to-be was born today by the way! My daughters best friend just had her baby girl today so we have an arranged marriage going on here! She is adorable too!

This is my first grandchild so I am in 7th heaven. Its amazing to look at my daughter and try to remember that he is hers! It just seems too unreal!
He is a big giggler! He gets giggling and then he giggles at himself so it gets very contagious! And his tongue is a very fasinating thing to him right now too...he will copy you if you stick your tongue out.
Im so glad that I am close to him in milage...alot of my friends that are first time grannys are miles away from their grandkids...That would be horrible now that I have spent time with him.

You asked! You got it! But I will send you pics of him very soon!

Thanks for asking...and how have you been? Lot of camping this year?

I taped wife swap last night as I bowl on Wednesday nights and I am going to go watch it right now. I even got hubby watching it to where he is busting at the seams to tell me what happened on last nights show but I wont let him since I havent seen it yet!

Take care! Hugs....Nancy...bowlergrl2000
Old 10-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Congratulations to you, first time Grandma Nancy!!! You sound so very happy and I am happy for you!!!!
I have missed you around here but now I know where you are spending your days and that is definitely where you need to be!! Enjoy your precious grandson!!!!

Yep, going camping one more time, leaving Friday as a matter of fact!!! We are pretty much all packed, just have to buy the food on Thursday!!!

Thae good care of yourself!!

Hugs, Donna
Old 10-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

The situation you described Trainlady is pretty much what I would dread. I love my two kids with all my heart. Having more than 3 sounds like something I'd have a hard time handling. I'm someone who needs time for myself and get grouchy when I haven't had any for a while. My sister lives in a town with a population of 1000 and although it's beautiful out there, I can't help but feel isolated. I work fulltime and even on weekends I need to get out of the house even if it's just for a drive!

KDavis, I feel you are a very courageous woman! I wish you all the best and hope you get a break once in a while.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:38 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have a few friends that wanna swap with me, as I am normally online and laid back kinda person. Partner normally does the housework and I sit here all day lol.

Since I have visited my parents I don't sit here hardly, I have been busy with xmas shopping as well now.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I doubt that they would ever agree to have me on the show! I don't think they could find anyone to swap with ME!!

No sane person would step into my shoes even for a day!

I would like to think if they did find someone crazy enough to swap with me, it would be someone with a maid, cook and her own personal massuese (sp???) !!!
Old 01-31-2005, 01:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Boy Trainlady! It has been awhile! I was looking at dates on here and has time flied! But with the holidays inbetween doesnt help..no time! But now things should be settlin!
I read the posts with the moms with young kids and babies and I think.WOW! I cant remember what it was like to have no time.but even I now with my kids out of house.........no Break moms! There is still never enough time even with them gone!
You just find other stuff to fulfill those empty nest syndromes!
I feel I am busier now than I was with kids at home.
I had more time on here when they were home cuz I had to be home..now that they are gone.I am gone too! LOL!!!
I have to busy ever minute of day and most of that now includes being with the grandson which is out of town so thats a 12 hour day for me to go see him! So that takes 2 more days to make up for that one day to spend with him!
So it never ends girls!
I would love to have a 48 hour day then I would get a heck of alot more done as you can prob see what time it is right now...its 135am! And I finally got to sit down and read email.....
so just a lesson to all moms with young kids..the days never get any longer no matter what you DONT have around the house!
Our work is NEVER done!
Luvs & hugs to all!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Gee wizz, I thought I had an idea of who they would swap with me, but I am so unique that I don't think they'd want me on the show!
I am not currently working due to a health issue, but it doesn't allow me to have disability payments (even if I did want them) nor does my family income allow me to get unemployment (which I don't want either). I do a majority of the housework, or at least I did when we were in a house, but not the windows, and only a fraction of the cooking (very small, esp where we're at now). I do take care of the cats, err cat needs (one passed away near the end of Sept (2103)), and a majority of the time I take the cars in for maintenance / servicing. I have taken care of my family (ies) children off/on over the years as a free sitter, and some of their pets, and I have worked in retail, office, floral, and classrooms. And I spend allot of downtime in the room on the PC. I did go in the pool once, but then I felt icky afterwards, and I did try the gym for about 30 minutes until the woozy's came to play. There are afew malls near me, but I prefer the internet free game rooms and social sites to spending money for more stuff we either don't need right now, or would just be added to the storage unit(s) later. I like to garden, read, board games, and crafts...no yard, no deck, and everything else is in storage (since the end of Sept (2013)). I do have a plant which I rescued from my MIL's after her passing in 2011, but that doesn't need much love and attention either.
Any one wanna swap with me?
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 10-25-2013, 03:31 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

With any luck, my Wife Swap replacement would be a woman who is either a mother or someone with lots of experience caring for children, is strict with a no-nonsense approach to child-rearing, and isn't afraid to lay the law down and get things done.

As for me, pairing me off with a family with babies and young children would fit perfectly, along with a home that is well-maintained and clean. Unfortunately, I see myself getting tied-down to an older and grown family, with a house that would make me cringe and shudder... i.e., messy, dirty, unkept.

Fun to think about!