Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lita

I missed your post.......

Now after reading it I am sitting here laughing!!!! Thanks for sharing......helps brighten my day!!!!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

It really taught me very important lessons-read everything thoroughly, stay completely aware of your surroundings and unless you do all the above NEVER tell anyone you will be on a web cam-my kids still laugh about, my dh has the picture, and my dil have yet to bring it up, my parents, well they know me well enough to expect the unexpectant
Old 04-28-2005, 07:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Very funny stories Sheila, now I dont feel so bad, you sound like me, you just "innocently" have these things happen to you, LOL!
Lita TOO FUNNY!!! Now I very EASILY could have done that one too!!The time I was on the bus I couldnt even find the thing to say you want to stop,luckily someone else got off the same place as me so I didnt have to use it.I found out after that you push the white plastic bar next to each seat,its was like a doorbell, but to me it looked like a night light for when it gets dark on the bus.
Okay who's next!!! Nancy tell your car story!!!

Hugs Sandie
Old 04-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks for all the laughs. I wasn't going to post but....

Well you know the spin tupperware things you can order? Well I ordered one and got one for free. Well my friend was over one night and I told her to take it.

Well we go back to her house and we are taking it out of the box and putting it together. I notice that the large containers are missing. So I grab my cell phone to call my dh to find out where they are.

Once I call, I ask Where are the big ones? What big ones? I say you know the big ones.

Well a little giglle and I hear "Lady I don't know what size you are looking for, but this is Brian" I was soooo embarrassed and said I am sorry and hung up.

So when I finally composed myself I called my house (right number this time) but still asked to speak to Dan. (my dh)

Last edited by Boyz&me; 04-28-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

You gals are too funny. I am cracking up here. Sheila how awful for you though.
Sandie I have rode the bus once in my adult life and that sounds like something I might try to do. They could have a sign in bright red letters right in front of my face and I would still get it wrong. I get so nervous in those situations I do not pay any attention. I can not even imagine how upset the bus driver must have been.
Lovedmom I can imagine your frustration.
Riding the bus is an experience all its own. Thank you for sharing
Hugs, Stormy
Old 04-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Boyz&me......too funny....If that had been me I would have been so embarassed!!!! Good thing he has no idea who you are though!!!!

hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

boyz&me that was funny

gave me a good chuckle....lol when you called dh you had to verify it was really him by name....hahaha....where are the big ones hun?....oh my! okay now.....I will try to get this out of my head....I am still smiling.... BIG! hehehee

Sandie, lol on thinking the button is a night light....hahaha...for those lonely drives on the bus at night I guess....hahaha....they should think of doing something like that like the ones in the airplanes...hahaha.... a little night light for reading...lol....and then blast a really bright light when there's unruly travelers on the bus...okay okay, I will be quiet...you can see my mind is going on overdrive here...

love you gals, you have a nice weekend if I don't get to see you on the posts between now and another embarrassing moment....

hugs and smiles and big laughs are the greatest...ohkay and kisses too....okay bye-bye...before I ramble on an on....what is with me today? it's FRIDAY, atleast for me it is for another 12 more hours!

Attached Images

Old 05-03-2005, 07:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hieveryone!! I didnt think Id be back here so soon, lol, but I had to tell you what happened to me at the bank awhile ago.
I mentioned on another thread that we have been having a problem with crickets, well dh took care of them, and we havent seen any,(until today, LOL) I decided to change purses this morning so transferred all my things to another one, and my first stop was to the bank. Well Im standing in line ready to get my checkbook out and just as I get to the window ,yes you guessed it, a CRICKET, A BIG one jumps right out of my purse!!! I scream, the teller screams and the security guard ,well, I thought he was gonna shoot me!!All of a sudden we hear a "thud" and the woman in the next window over dropped a phone book on it, so much for the cricket!!! I just said Im soooo sorry,and we all were laughing but I wonder what they said when I left??LOL
Hugs Sandie
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

What a hoot Sandie!LOL At least if I carry my critters somewhere by mistake they are too small to see easily(little tiny ants). It's a wonder the guard didn't attack you!!! My goodness!!!!LOL
Old 05-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle lol

I wonder what the cricket was thinking! I better jump for it! and lol ended up dead by a good ol'reliable telephone book...hehehe!

the little critters that my son brings in the house are these little creepy crawly things...millipedes I think...I don't know what they are called but they are not centipedes...they curl when you touch them...they are in the -pedes family anyway...lol
Attached Images