Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ohhhhh, Sandie! My sides hurt from laughing so hard. That has to be one doozy of an embarassing moment. Heck, I'm embarassed for you! this is tooooooo funny!

love ya, cyn

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 04-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

oh Sandie that was just too funny!!! Yet I can see myself doing the same thing!!!! Thanks for the giggles and putting a smile on my face!!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Cyn and Deb, Yes I felt like an idiot,What Cyn I have to embarass myself to get you to post? LOL, only kidding,I just havent seen you posting much, hope you are doing okay, are you selling any crafts.
Deb how are you feeling, hope the weather is getting warmer up there for you all,I was talking to my gd on the phone last night and they all just got back from Disneyworld(it was school vacation last week) anyhow she told me she got to meet 'THE REAL Goofy, not the fake one, I cracked up she sounded so excited about it.Now this week their school has what is called, No TV Week, parents have to sign a paper saying the kids wont watch tv for a whole week, and will read more, and they have a list of books, well she (my gd) is having a fit, she was telling me on the phone, and she said "grammy this is just torture, we cant watch anything on tv for a week!
Have a good night
Hugs Sandie
Old 04-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

ohhh Sandieeeee

buahahaha! I'm laffing so hard that my dd is asking me "what? what mom?" lol.....

I wish I was there with you....then we would have been rolling on the floor laughing ourselves to oblivion...lol when you said they must have thought you were on drugs.....it made me think of myself how I have thought the same thing when I do something so crazy and embarrassing....and lol when you said "you mean nobody has had an embarrassing moment since January...."

Sandiieeeee.....oh my .....you gave me a good laugh.....
now let me tell my dd the story...hahaha...no don't worry I won't use your real name...hehehe

hello Cyn and Deb! I have got to think of some embarrassing moments because I am sure I have some and I just can't rememeber because my mind is still on this ....

Last edited by LovedMom; 04-26-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:09 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sandie you do come with a warning sign don't you? Danger!!!! Girl I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. I am still sitting here laughing. Only you! I swear, you really do get into some predictaments! OH MY! wait I gotta stop laughing.....

Ok I'm under control. Well you have given me a great belly laugh for the night! Guess it's up to the rest of us to come up with an embarassing moment really soon so you won't feel so lonely!

Love you,
Nancy
Old 04-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Sandie I haven't been posting much been too busy and tired too sit here, but happened to check in on this thread from my email and read your post. OMG!!! Girl! That is soooo funny, now that its over its always more funny. What did DH say? They always laugh the loudest at our misadventures. Bet you had him in stitches. Thanks for sharing with us. You can tell us anything you know.\

Take care

Hugs Carolyn

Old 04-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Okay who's gonna go next,I want to laugh at someone else!!
Carolyn dh just said"how the heck did you manage to get the card stuck, and when I told him I put it in the WRONG slot,thats when he really laughed,because he said ,thats as bad as when you put the dollar bill in the change machine on the bus,(Ive taken a bus twice, and the first time instead of putting the money in the dollar thing that grabs the dollar I squished it "very neatly I might add into the change shoot,the bus driver had a fit,because now change couldnt fall in, and yes the bus was a few min late all day because it had to be fixed, she called on her cell and a maintainence man met her at the next stop, I totally forgot about that until dh brought it up.
NANCY It was so GOOD to talk to you last night, I was so surprised!!! Now you have to tell the story about trying to unlock the wrong car, that was really funny!!!

Hugs Sandie
Old 04-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

buahahaa

"I squished it very neatly into the coin thingy..."

buahahahaha....sandie you are killin' me (figuratively speaking)
oh my sides.....

made me recall when I became like a maniac on my bus ride...I was new to Hawaii...this was years ago and I was taking the public transportation (The Bus) in Kaneohe (Cyn...am I evoking memories?) and I needed to stop at the Windward Mall and I totally did not know where my stop should be as we were going along the strip of road by the mall...and if I miss it then I could be let off quite a ways away and then perhaps even go all the way around the island which is a looong trip, that I did not intend to take ... so I eyed the red lever beside my window in front of me and I was sitting at the front seat near the bus door...anyway, I panicked when I realized we were passing the mall a bit further and I reached for the red lever and pulled with all my might (it was the emergency lever for the windows in case of an emergency!) and I went "stop the bus! I gotta get off!" lol....that bus driver pulled over right away and let me out for sure...it was hilarious because it was such a quite ride and I was like this little petite, quite lady on the bus, and when I just jumped up and grabbed hold of the red lever and began yelling stop! stop the bus...I gotta get off!...I think the bus driver was startled...needless to say I made sure I located the bus stop signs along that strip of road and there were two so now if I ever use the Bus down that way I will get off at one of those locations...lol or I could just ask the bus driver to drop me at the mall and he will take care of me....hehehehe instead of pulling the red lever...
word of advice the red lever doesn't work ...it's the "cable lines" as I call them that are strung along the side of the bus and you just reach up and pull and you should hear the ding and the light comes on that someone has requested a stop....buahahaha!
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have two that I found to be the most embarrassing moments ever in my life. #1 When I was preggers w/last child & looked like GreenPeace would be there any moment to resuce me from being on land, I was pumping gas & all these cars & trucks were honking , yelling. whistling etc-wow what a bump for my dumped ego...I still had it at least from behind, yeah right, my shorts had split right down the middle & you guessed it they were seeing bikini underwear The last one was I was on my way to Key West to finish up a job unexpectantly, I stopped and used my cell phone it has internet links on it so I try to find a motel that will take a person w/a dog. Found it perfect, called family let them know the name etc. When I get there it's wee hours of the am & I pick up a few brouchers & find they have a live web cam a the hotel I'm staying at so I call family to say to go online at a cetain time & I will be in front of the camera sending kisses to all-parents, kids, dh, dil etc...I just didn't keep reading where it said that it was an alternative lifestyle motel & clothing optional so imagine my red face when here I stand waving & blowing kisses to all & two naked me walk right in front of me & the camera & behind me (I hadn't been paying any attention) was a dock full of lawn chairs with nude men & women....yeah, just a little Needless to say there was a
going on
Old 04-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sheila....thanks for the laughs...oh my godness those are both too funny. I would have been 20 shades of red if the first had happened to me!!!! I love the second story....too funny that one definetly sounds like something I would do!!!

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson