Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Leisure Time > Idle Chit Chat!

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 08-16-2004, 04:20 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Horrible Summer

Is anyone else feeling that there could not have ever been such an unsummer summer in history???

I mean isn't this supposed to be the dog days of August???

The forecast is predicting that it is not supposed to get above 84 degrees all week!!

It just seems to keep raining. I drive past the pool almost every day, and if I slowed down a little more I could literally count all the people at the pool every time.

I doubt that the water has been above 70 degs all summer.

The weather is like its cold, its cold its cold, now its raining, now its cold, one day it gets real hot and humid, than it is back down to cold, and more rain, and more rain and more rain.

I think I had one night where I was able to sit outside after dark without a sweatshirt on and be warm. At least other years most of the summer I could sit out after dark and be warm.

Not to mention, my chairs have been wet alllll summer. So I can't sit on them. I will definitely have to look into new chairs for next summer, as the covers do not come off of these chairs. Maybe I will try to get the covers off and dry them, if it ruins the chairs oh well!!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Have to agree about the rain....... Im really getting tired of it.

On the other hand, Im a cool--not-cold--weather gal. Autumn is my favorite time of year. I cant wait for the leaves to start changing colors!!!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-16-2004, 04:33 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ajrsmom
Autumn is my favorite time of year. I cant wait for the leaves to start changing colors!!!!
Alot of the leaves here are already falling. And some trees have already changed color.

My Mom thinks it is because of all the wet weather.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

It has been an aweful summer. Rain, clouds,dreary........

It has feel exactly like a rainy fall day.

We've only had to use the ceiling fans a few times this summer. The nice thing is, the air conditioners have not ran ALL summer. However, the dehumidifier downstairs in the basement runs continuosly.

I love the fall, but I wanted more of a summer.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-16-2004, 04:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Let's keep our fingers crossed that as we head into Sept and Oct, that it dries out so that we can enjoy the leaves! (or what's left of them!)

Over the past 3 or 4 summers I have been so bummed because we live around lilac bushes ( they are my fav!) and when they bloom, it always rains and ruins the blooms,

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-16-2004, 04:54 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I nkow I have high hopes, but I keep wondering if the fall will be more like the spring. Hot, Hot Hot! Remember how warm it was in the spring, I guess that was our summer, and now we are getting a fall in the summer.

Oh, well I will be happy if we have a nice fall, hopefully it does not get too cool, and we can actually enjoy the fall.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I agree.. It's been pretty bleak around here too. I'm not complaining about the mild weather.. it's the gray rainy weather Icould do without. And besides.. it just nevr "felt" like summer to me.

I know I have been an awful lot more depressed this month, and I think it's because of the lack of sunlight.

I am going to try to remember to look into getting oneof those theraputic lightbulbs... the real full spectrum ones that they use to treat people with Seasonal Affective Disphoria... I am definately one of those people.. and I KNOW i don't spend enough time out doors to combat the blues..

And for you, mom2-4 you hve had a hard patch with your dad lately too.. My gosh.. that's enough to bring a season to a grinding crash... I hope that's going better..
Old 08-16-2004, 05:53 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifestar
And for you, mom2-4 you hve had a hard patch with your dad lately too.. My gosh.. that's enough to bring a season to a grinding crash... I hope that's going better..
Well, it is slightly better than the grinding crash we had to last summer. My grandmother(last living grandparent) past away, I believe the second to last week in August. Than the first full week of September, DS was hit by a car, and broke his elbow. (which btw, is still not completley taken care of). Than one week later my sister was hit by a hit and run driver. So needless to say last summer had a grand finale.

But, this summer has just been the pits!! We have one of those pools with the blow up ring(real small). But, it has just been so cold in the water even the kids don't want to get in.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Autumn is my favorite time of the year too!
As for the rain I refuse to complain b/c I have the drought all too fresh in my mind. I swore then that no matter how sick I got of the rain.. I wouldn't complain. What I don't get is now we have a water restriction b/c of TOO much rain! Go figure! LOL

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 08-17-2004, 02:21 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by morelia92
What I don't get is now we have a water restriction b/c of TOO much rain! Go figure! LOL
So you are under the water restriction? I read that somewhere that there were water restrictions due to too much rain. I didn't realize you were in that.