Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 08-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Commercials that you really like?

Its hard for me to find a TV commercial that I really like.

One that makes me laugh is........

The LUVS commercials that say " With your first child you buy the best of everything......... Then with your second child you LIVE, LEARN AND THEN GET LUVS----Isnt that the truth!! That pretty much puts life into perspective for me, lol!

Any other favorites out there??

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-16-2004, 05:42 AM
Nine Year Member

I just love the commercial for the Dodge Durango. It's the commercial where the mom, dad and son are driving and the mom is talking about all the inside features of the SUV. Then when they get home, the dad is holding the boy and opens up the hood and tells the boy that the only thing he needs to know is that it has a hemi. Then he asks the boy if he can say hemi. I think it is so cute when the boy says it.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-16-2004, 05:59 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I like the (I think its a coffee commercial). Where they are singing about a guy going to work, got his tie, got ambition, something about being supervisor.

And the song is to the tune of "Eye of The Tiger".

If you knew my son you would understand why I like that commercial. My oldest DD and I say that is Kevin!!
Old 08-19-2004, 07:47 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

I like all those AFLACK commercials with the duck- he gets so frustrated at the people!!
My husband and five year old son get a big kick out of the Immodium (I think, it's Immodium) commercial where the woman is getting her groove on in the music store, when all of a sudden..... she waddles off to the bathroom. Not a very nice thought, diarrhea, but it's a cute commercial!

I love commercials that make me laugh!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Favorite Commercial

My favorite commercial airing now is the Dairy Queen commercial where the guy is licking the beaters and gets his tongue stuck!! The screaming and horrified look on the wife's face is hilarious!!! Then he goes to Dairy Queen cause it is safer!!

My all-time favorite (that isn't being shown anymore) is I think Chevy for one of their vans. The parents are riding in the front with the mother reading while the father is driving, with the kids all in the middle and back seats...very quiet!!. There is total silence in the van when all of a sudden one of the little girls starts laughing. The kids are watching the videos on a DVD player that comes equipped with the van. The laughs of the kids are just so darned cute!!! That is why I like that one.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:08 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ohhh, yeah I liked the DQ one where the lady is blindfolded and trying the new ice cream. And she really likes it and tries to get away with the blindfold on and runs into the glass.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I love any VW commercials out there. I think they have the best music in ther commercials.

My all-time favorite, though - is the one where the guy is raising to a church to interrupt his true love from marrying another guy - then they run off together. So romantic!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:13 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I like the cookies and M&Ms commercial, where the kid took all the cookies and M&Ms. He is ripping up the box and telling the dog to stay. Then he starts to walk away and yells Mom the dog ate all the cookies and M&Ms again.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Has anyone seen the commericals with Alice Cooper???? {rock singer} its a Staple,I think,back to school!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its funny to see him in that kind of commerical!!!!!!!
OR there is one with a man,dancing his way ALL OVER...and the song I use to like "Rubberband Man" LOLO
another back to school type!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I DO like the poor man getting his tongue stuck!!!
there are others BUT I cant recall now!!!!!
Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:22 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh, yes I love the Staples advertisement with Alice Cooper in it. The girl says "I thought you said schools out forever" and he says "No, the song goes schools out for summer" than he throws more in the cart, and than says "Isn't this fun?" I love that one. Do you think that little girl is his daughter?