Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 08-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

A Mother's Knowledge

What is the wisest thing your Mother (or Father) taught you?

Through example, my mom taught me LOVE!!! My mom is the most loving person and she has always loved all my friends. As a child my mom sent be back to camp for a week when I wanted to to go back more than anything in the world!! That is Love.
When I messed up my life in my 20s mom was there to support me. That is love. When I take my train trips, mom always gives me a twenty dollar bill to buy dinner on the train. That is love.
When I asked mom to keep going to church when she wanted to stop she did. That is love. When we sit in our jacuzzi and read magazines, chat and just be together, that is love. Thanks for your love mom! I Love You ALways!!!!

There will always be things that happen in life, but without love, nothing else really matters.

And remember mom, I'll ALWAYS love you!!! Not loving you was never an option. You are the very best mom in the world!!!!

hugs,train

Last edited by trainlady; 08-10-2004 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

By example, my Mother taught me to treat my children equally....not to show preferences.

(my mother showed EXTREME favoritism!!!)
Old 08-10-2004, 08:28 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

The most important thing my mother taught me was that she would always be there for me, no matter what happened.

I knew she loved me with her whole heart and soul. We never had a lot of money but I remember my gift for my 16th birthday --
A TUBE OF LIPSTICK. I do not remember all my birthday gifts, but this one I will always remember.

What a JOY you are, trainlady, my DARLING WONDERFUL DAUGHTER. Thank you for loving me so and being with me.

LOVE AND HUGS, TRAINSMOM

Old 08-11-2004, 05:25 AM
Nine Year Member

My mother taught me so many things. My mom was only 16 when she got married. She didn't have to, but she and my dad were "in love". They have been married for 51 years.

But the one thing I remember her saying is "remember the golden rule"! I often tell my ds and dd the exact same thing.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

When I was pregnant with my 2nd son, I complained to my mother that I loved DS#1 so much, I didn't know how I would divided my love between two children. She looked at me in total shock, and said, "You don't DIVIDE your love, it just MULTIPLIES!!" I now have 3 sons, and can attest that she was absolutely right
Old 08-14-2004, 08:30 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

wisdom of Mothers

My mother taught me the value of Family!! My Mother stood by my thru thick and thin, always there to lend a hand or a shoulder.
She never gave up on me, even when I wanted to give up on myself.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Nine Year Member

Re: wisdom of Mothers

Quote:
Originally posted by dskjjt
My mother taught me the value of Family!! My Mother stood by my thru thick and thin, always there to lend a hand or a shoulder.
She never gave up on me, even when I wanted to give up on myself.
I know exactly what you mean!!! My mom is stil hear for me. I am very fortunate. I still have both my parents. And...they kick a__!

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-16-2004, 08:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My mom taught me to spend time with my children. Don't worry about the house, the laundry the mess when your kids ask you to play a game or make something with them. The laundry, house, messes will all wait - your children will grow up one day and you'll have missed those things. She said to me: "In 10 years, your son won't remember that you vacuumed the house, but he will remember you making cookies or playing a game or making a construction paper chain with him."

It has really made an impact on me.

(I still do clean my house though! But if it comes down to mopping RIGHT NOW or giving it an hour to do something with the kids.... I'll put it off - they are precious!)

My Dad always tells me to take every opportunity to "create a memory" with the kids.... My parents gave me so many I just try to give my kids some of what my parents gave me. I love them so much!
Old 08-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My mother and father taught me the pain of divorce, the pain of never being good enough, and the pain of living in a violent home.

Because of them I chose my husband wisely. My children didn't go through a divorce, my children grew up knowing they could be all that God wanted them to be, and they knew a home where voices were never raised in anger.

My step-father taught me to learn from the mistakes of my parents. He taught me that I was strong enough to live a life of peace.

My mother-in-law and my father-in-law taught me unconditional love.

My husband taught me to laugh. And my children taught me how to play.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
Old 08-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My parents both taught me that you don't have to buy love.
My fil also taught my dh how to be a good husband and father purely by his bad examples. To this day he does with our kids everything he missed out on during his childhood.