Reality Television

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
View Poll Results: Would you like the chance to join a reality program?
Where do I sign up?
10.00%
Maybe..if the money was right.
10.00%
NO....never
55.00%
undecided
25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was wondering just what everyone thought about all the new Reality programming on television now. If given the opportunity................would you go on one of these shows? If so, which one would you like to join and why?

Personally, I've seen and heard more than I care to. lol

What do y'all think?
  • I voted as "undecided".

As of right now, there is not a reality show on that I would be willing to go on.

But who knows what they will come up with next?

If they ever come up with a show where I can dress modestly, have bathroom/shower privacy and keep my morals and STILL have a chance at winning, I might consider it!
  • As far as reality tv goes, I am also undecided.

I see the advertisements for new shows and think, "Not another one"! The thing is, I'll be surfin' the channels, come to one and start watching! LOL

Lauri
  • I couldn't imagine being on one of these shows, with everyone watching me.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by leolight
    I couldn't imagine being on one of these shows, with everyone watching me.
    That is why I said "If they ever come up with a show where I can dress modestly, have bathroom/shower privacy and keep my morals and STILL have a chance at winning, I might consider it!".

• Hmmm... I voted "no" on the poll, but I was thinking along the lines of the scantily-clad, morals-of-an-alleycat (not to badmouth alleycats!) sort of show. Or the ones where folks do outrageous things just for $$$$. I guess there are some newer shows that would be considered reality shows that I like, though, now that I think about it. Extreme Home Makeover is fantastic! And my husband would dearly love for the guys on Overhaulin' to finish his project car that he's no longer in good enough shape to work on himself. So I guess I should've gone with "undecided"... depends on the show!

• Quote:
    Originally posted by roisindubh
    Extreme Home Makeover is fantastic!
    I love that show too!!! We even have a thread for fans of the show - here's the link if you are interested:

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&threadid=8941

In MHO,I wouldn't consider that show - or Overhaulin in this poll. On those shows, you are chosen before hand and don't compete to "win" anything.
  • I Get Enought REALITY in my Personal Life!
    Don't we all have enough reality in our own lives that we don't need to wallow in anyone elses?? I know I do!

I feel people need to have more personal family time together and not invade or be invaded by more of the outside "world."

Just my opinion -- since ya asked......
  • Survivor Fan
    Yes I would like to go on Survivor. I think I'm smarter than most contestants on that show. Each time they get dumber about skills needed to survive like makin fire. That should have been well practiced as soon as they were picked to participate but......nooooooo........they act like this is so new to us Anyhow from that standpoint I think I could "Survive" alot better than most of them.
  • I voted "no" on the poll, but I was thinking along the lines of the scantily-clad, morals-of-an-alleycat (not to badmouth alleycats!) sort of show. Or the ones where folks do outrageous things just for $$$$. I guess there are some newer shows that would be considered reality shows that I like, though, now that I think about it. Extreme Home Makeover is fantastic! And my husband would dearly love for the guys on Overhaulin' to finish his project car that he's no longer in good enough shape to work on himself. So I guess I should've gone with "undecided"... depends on the show!

I agree here. I also voted no but my kids watch a neat show on ABC FAMILY called KNOCK FIRST....that is my speed as would have been say a WEDDING STORY. I enjoy that stuff but I can do without the others b/c I think it sends our kids a message that it is ok to do anything for money and I think that feeds into greed and lack of personal boundaries. Just MHO