Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 04-22-2004, 07:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Question Where Will You Be in 10 Years?

Just wondering........where do you see yourself in 10 years? What changes do you see happening in your family life, love life, career, etc.... ???

In 10 years, I see myself still married with a couple of grandchildren (of which I have none now). I see myself having completed my college degree and working as possibly a school nurse. In my "down time", I will probably travel with DH when he goes out on land jobs. (he left for Toronto, Canada yesterday and will be there 1-2 weeks)

I "see" DD (now 20 yrs old) married with 2-3 children (my grandchildren that I don't have yet). I see DS # 1 (now 12 yrs old) in grad school and DS # 2 (will be 10 in June) in college.

So, what about you ???

Old 04-22-2004, 07:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

In ten years I'll be 53, still be married to my Prince Charming, have a few more grandchildren and be thinking about moving from this house into something on 1 floor.

As for work, I have no idea. I tend to get bored after a few years and always like to try new things. I've done a lot of strange jobs, but I think I'd like to get back into radio. I figure I'll be ready for a job in Muzak.

In ten years I see having some waterfront property, we live in the mountains now, DH painting business growing and life slowing and settling down. Travel will be happening, as will self enrichment classes.

Thanks for making me think a little about the future!

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharona
In ten years I'll be 53.
We're the same age! I just turned 43 this month.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharona
I figure I'll be ready for a job in Muzak.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'll be 43 in June. Happy Birth Month!

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I hope to be in the very same house I live in now in the next ten years!! We have moved so much in my life that it will feel good to stay in one place for a long time!! I love our little cottage, 2 bedroom and very easy to keep clean....well, except for all the dirt the dog drags in!!
I love our neighborhood, close to downtown and across the street from the park. My parents are nearby, we do a lot with them; and I like that too.
I hope to be OUT OF DEBT in the next few years and to be financially ahead, atleast a little, in the next ten years.
I am content with my life for the most part. I love the seasons and the routine things that come during the year........the fair, summer concerts, Veterans and Christmas Day Parades, arts and craft festivals............
I would like to have a little MORE time for train trips, something I never tire of but with working full time do not get to do nearly enough!

And Sharona and Abear, if I too can "join the club" I am ALSO 43~~~!!!!! LOL!!!! But looks like I am the mom, will be 44 in August!!!!!
Hugs, train
Old 04-23-2004, 02:41 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh, gosh I guess I feel a little better now, when I read Abear's "iteneary" I felt bad that I was a very foggy as to where I would be in 10 years, but I have ten years until I will be where you all are!!;-)

In ten years, I hope to be living in a home with my own yard, instead of a bought trailer on a rented lot. If I lose my work at home job by then, which is more than likely, I hope to get into a company in the Human Resources department. I really liked HR when I worked as Secretary of HR.

My kids will be almost 26, 27 and 19 1/2, and 14 wow!! I hope the 26 yo, will be holding her position of probation officer, as she thinks that is what she wants to do. 27 yo will have a secure position as auto technician, as his dream has been pushed over to that. 19 1/2 yo will be just graduating high school and looking forward to starting college in the fall. And last but not least my 14 yo, will have decided to stay 14 for a long time and just stay home with me for a long time!;-)

As for dH, he will hold his supervisor job at his current company, and maybe even part owner until then. As he does hold a very important part in the company currently!!
Old 04-23-2004, 04:22 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Karen,
You and I are the same age, well I will be 34 in less than a week!
However I started my family later so in 10yrs I will have a 13yr old and and a 10 yr old WOW! Its hard to imagine what my 10yr old will be like considering he is only 2 months now!
I hope to still be able to stay home and run my daycare, maybe do some voluntering for my kids schools....and a part time job if I decide I dont want to do daycare anymore....
So much can happen in 10 yrs, I just hope its all good!
Leighann
Old 04-23-2004, 07:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My goodness, I can't believe how many of you are about the same age as I am. I am 44, so in ten years, I will be 54! Ugh! that sounds so much older. I can remember when my mom was that age!

I am hoping to have at least one grandbaby by then. My kids will be 32 and 29 by then, so I guess it is possible. I am hoping that DH is not working anymore by then and that we can just enjoy our time together. He can't wait!

I am hoping that we are living in a little cottage-style house by then. Little upkeep, lots of charm! Lots of big trees and great neighbors too!

I just pray that we are all healthy and have each other!

Jenna
Old 04-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Question 10 years from now...

Well, I will then be 57 Gee doesn't seem like I should be that old... I plan on being in the same local area and in the same house. I already have 7 Grands, but I expect my youngest daughter will probably have one more child by then;-) . I know the other two are finished, so they say...( oldest is due Dec. 12, 2004).

My husband and I will still be where we are today

My son will be 19 and in college hopefully. Academically at this point he seems to be in that direction. He wants to be an electrician like his dad( but Dad learned most of his "hands on").

I pray that we all have good health

Unknown
Old 04-23-2004, 05:04 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Leighann looks like we are the babies here!! ;-) Sorry, ladies I just had to tease!

Don't it seem weird to think of your infant being in the double digit age?