Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 06-20-2002, 05:49 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

New Babies

Well it's official. I now have two more sisters (granted they are 27 yrs younger than I am)!!!!
My parents adopted twin girls. They brought them home this week. They're doing well, considering they were born at 32 weeks. Spent 2 wks in the hospital and then flew from Salt Lake City, UT to Asheville, NC.
They're perfect, just tiny, no feeding tubes, heart problems, breathing problems. Everything is just wonderful. One weighs 4lb 2 oz and is 16 inches long. The other is 5 lbs 6 oz and is 17 inches long.
Am going with my daughter (she's almost 2) to spend some time and help my mom get settled, it's been a long time since she's done this parenting thing and she would like some help, now that they are home. Probably spend a week with them, so I'll be anxiuos to catch up on everything when I get back home!!!
Old 06-26-2002, 01:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Wow! I can't imagine my Mother adopting one baby, let alone two!! I'm 25 and I've been starting to feel like an old fogey around my 14-year-old sister. I wish your family the best of luck and lots of hugs and kisses for the babies! Congratulations!!!!
Old 06-26-2002, 03:44 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lissa - thanks for your comment. I can't say I was real pleased when they first made the announcement. In fact, I'm still not real pleased, mostly out of jealousy for the amount of time they won't be able so spend wiht my daughter. Or at least she won't have any one-on-one time with her grandparents.
Oh well, I guess never having known the difference she won't think she missed out on anything. Just something I"ll have to adjust to.
Thanks again for your reply
Old 06-26-2002, 06:35 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow congratulations!
Old 06-27-2002, 10:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I would probably feel the same way you do. Just look at the bright side though! Now your daughter will have two close relatives around the same age to grow up and potentially be very close friends to! I'd love for my 2-yr-old to have someone close to her age to play with at family functions or visits. Not that my younger cousins don't adore her, but the youngest is in 4th grade. It's just not the same. I have an uncle that's four years older than me, and we had a blast playing and having sleepovers when we were younger. We got out of touch in our teenage years, but came to be like brother and sister in my early 20's. I tried getting my sister (she's four years younger than me) to have a baby so our kids could play together, but she didn't go for it. Good luck with everything!
Old 09-02-2002, 12:41 PM
Nine Year Member

New Granddaughter-3 months early

Hi all, I'd like to announce here that I have a new granddaughter. She's now 4 days old and was born 3 months early.
My daughter had pre-eclampsia and was in the hospital a couple of days past 1 week when they decided to transfer her to UNC-Chapel Hill because of fluid around the baby's heart and my daughter's blood pressure.
Garbrielle Rose Holbrook was born August 29, 2002. 1lb 8oz, 31cm(12 in)long. Everything works!! The doctors thought her legs were going to be short by a month and the rest of her body small by 1-2 weeks. Well everything seemed the right size for 27 weeks. Her heart worked well, she breathed and cried when born too. She's on a ventilator since she does need help but she's getting more room air every day.
Was informed when I got off work today that she had gained 9grams-so she seems to be doing well. I know that she is going to do very well and come home by Thanksgiving, if not before. She was due the Sat. after Thanksgiving.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:00 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

WONDERFUL !

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS !
HOW ARE THE BABIES AND YOUR PARENTS DOING ?
THANKS FOR SHARING !
PAX, DOLORES
Old 09-03-2002, 11:10 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

HI TREKMOM !

A NEW GRANDDAUGHTER !
GREAT NEWS ! IS THIS YOUR FIRST GRANDCHILD ?
I WILL BE KEEPING HER IN MY PRAYERS , I HOPE EVERYTHING CONTINUES TO GO GREAT .
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME SHE HAS !
PAX, DOLORES
Old 09-05-2002, 04:57 AM
Nine Year Member

Hi Delores,
Gabrielle Rose is my 3rd living grandchild. My middle daughter lost her 1st born son after 2 days in 1999, but she has a healthy 1yr old son now and my oldest daughter has a 6yr girl to be a big sister to Gabrielle.
Looks like Gabrielle will be coming off the ventilator today or tomorrow. She's gaining weight steadily and she's getting mothers milk also-they've increased her intake to 2cc at a time.
She should be all the way home for Thanksgiving-which is about when she was originally due.
Pam
Old 09-05-2002, 05:08 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

HI PAM

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS PAM ,
THE BABY SEEMS TO BE DOING JUST FINE !
WE BOTH HAVE ONE GRANDSON AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS , HOW NICE ! PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED ON YOUR LITTLE GIRLS PROGRESS ?
DOLORES