Questions on mini muffins - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

How To... There are plenty of mysteries in cooking! See if you know the answers to some...

Old 02-21-2002, 09:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Question Questions on mini muffins

I just received two mini muffin baking pans but there were no helpful recipes or guidelines. Perhaps someone can help me out with the following:

1. recipes for mini muffins
2. *** especially important information such as baking times, how full to fill the mini pans, etc.
3. do I grease muffin cups or use paper liners?

I would love to be able to produce a basketful of different kinds of mini muffins to feed company, but have no idea how to do it. Help! (And thanks!)

Sandie
Old 02-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I have made mini muffins before using a regular muffin batter recipe. Fill them 2/3 full , the same as the regular ones. You can either spray the pan with Pam or use the liners. My pans are non stick so the clean up isnt too bad but if you want really easy clean up, go with the liners. As far as the time for baking them, I cant be specific on it but the time is a little less. I usually just put them in and start watching them about 10-12 minutes from the regular end of baking time.

These are great to give in gift baskets !!

They are also good for kids snacks or to use at kids parties then they can decorate their own.

Have fun experimenting ~
Old 02-21-2002, 02:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Mini Muffins

ronsan,

ajrsmom has given you some good tips. Let me see what more I can find out on specific recipes and baking times...
Old 06-02-2008, 05:42 AM
Nine Year Member

My kids love the mini muffins and brownies so I invested in 2 pans to make my own. They are great for school parties as the kids get so much candy they only need a bite or two of a brownie.

I also just start watching about 10-15 from the end of the normal cooking time and use a toothpick to check to see if they are finished.

Roberta
Old 01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Assistant Moderator

I just use spray oil sprinkle a little flour in, dust and tip out excess, use as per usual muffin tin and bake for about 10 mins, (depends on the how small is small but they don't take long in a pre heated oven)
Savoury and sweet mini muffins are great for finger food, gone in one bite